Numbers this year!!!

Hi all,

Im just wondering what the numbers are on the Island this year? I have friends who have been to other european destinations and telling me that numbers are down etc.

Hows Ibiza looking? Il be out there on the 5th august so im hoping it wont be too rammed anyway!

8)

Well 21,000 people passed through Space for the opening party so can't be that bad.

I'm going 5th August too - where you staying?

The person on reception at my apartment told me that the numbers are 30% down on last year and that only the august is fully booked. I rent my apartment out and i have noticed bookings well down. usually i book for 10-12 weeks a year this year i only have 6 weeks so far but i do usually get last minute bookings so hopefully it will pick up.

She also says that the bars and resturants are also feeling the squeeze with takings well down so far in June. Its a shame but of the 21,000 through Spaces doors the vast majority will have got back on a plane a few days later and not stayed for long or spent much money outside Space.

August will be busy but a LOT of places will close down this year. :(

I got back on Saturday and i thought it was quiet. Our hotel had whole floors that wasn't being used, We love opening had loads of space to dance around in after about 3am.

The other nights i went to which were Ibiza Rocks and Cream opening were both really busy, I found the bars were quieter than normal however they did all pick up towards the end of last week.

I personally dont mind if it is quieter, it wasnt to quiet to have a great time and the clubs still had a great atmosphere.

The person on reception at my apartment told me that the numbers are 30% down on last year and that only the august is fully booked. I rent my apartment out and i have noticed bookings well down. usually i book for 10-12 weeks a year this year i only have 6 weeks so far but i do usually get last minute bookings so hopefully it will pick up.

She also says that the bars and resturants are also feeling the squeeze with takings well down so far in June. Its a shame but of the 21,000 through Spaces doors the vast majority will have got back on a plane a few days later and not stayed for long or spent much money outside Space.

August will be busy but a LOT of places will close down this year. :(

But we were there last year at this time (as most years) and it was the exactly the same. last June - only the clubs were full, restaurants were half empty, bars too (other than the usual suspects, Bar M/Linekers/Savannah/Mambo) we noticed most people were walking up and down past bars - and that included Ibiza Town. We started drinking in local bars instead before hitting the clubs - more atmosphere to be honest :) :)

It will defo pick up for Jul and Aug and Sept.

Yeah ive yet to got Ibiza and it not be rammed, so im expecting the same this year!!!!

It seems that it is certain bars and restaurants that are feeling the pinch but the main ones will always be busy!!!

Looking at the pictures im sure Jordan must have doubled the numbers on the Island by bringing her entourage!

:lol:

Barcelona was busy although the picture really depended on where you were

official numbers for sonar itself were marginally down, by about a thousand and the beach doos suffered apparently

but the other clubs around town were very busy

culture club and secret sundaze @ la terraza were uncomfortably rammed... sala be cool less so which is why I preferred it

Back