Nottingham/Leeds

Emma_1983

Ok I know I can look this up on the Internet (Wikipedia anyone? :lol:) but my work has blocked all websites relating to "parties" "hen dos" etc etc.

My friend is having her hen do in October and wants a bit of a mad weekend away somewhere....first idea was Leeds although a few people at work said its a bit rough and crazy (never been myself).

Since heard the plan is to go Nottingham for the weekend.....again never been so no idea.

Any ideas or useful information? Places to go/see/visit/get drunk in? :p

I used to live in Nottingham..

Try Hooters ;)

Also the best bars around Hockley and the Lace Market

Were always off to Nottingham!!

Depends what you want really Em...as Sirens said some nice bars in Hockley and the Lace Market and a new club called Coco Tang where its free to get in and a good place to go!

The Travelodge there is cheap and cheerful but last time we went we rented a nice apartment for the night where you can fit 6-8.....

Always hear good reports about Leeds and also Liverpool :D

Were always off to Nottingham!!

Depends what you want really Em...as Sirens said some nice bars in Hockley and the Lace Market and a new club called Coco Tang where its free to get in and a good place to go!

The Travelodge there is cheap and cheerful but last time we went we rented a nice apartment for the night where you can fit 6-8.....

Always hear good reports about Leeds and also Liverpool :D

Thanks Jess!! Probably ask you more on FB! He he he.

Apartment idea sounds interesting as there is probably going to be about 8-10 of us.......

I stayed in a really cheap, basic but clean hotel. Loads of young people stayed there. It cost about £35 per night and you could go in at anytime and have loads of people in your room. All I need to do is remember what it was called!!

having vast experience of both (albeit no recently) I can say both would be viable options, however for some reason Nottingham does seem to be very popular on the old stag & hen circuit? Both have a fair mixture of cool & townie, depends what you want really? and i realsie how unhelpful this post probably is? :?:)

Nottingham - go to basement boogaloo. The passion those guys have for putting on a good party is unbelievable.

Leeds - Mook Bar is ok (I played there once) basics is nearby if you want a late one.

Back