not happy with ticket prices? here's my ickle idea!

T

taffy-boy

the prices for tickets to the 'super' clubs in ibiza are infact outrageous. I've read many of the views of different people on the forum and there seems to be a typical frame of mind. 'the ticket prices are expensive, but if you drop the price you'll get the wrong type of crowd'. Well if this is the case I have a suggestion. Firstly anyone who has been to, b4 they closed down, cream in liverpool will now that for a world famous name in dance music, the venue was abysmal. This is from a franchise which, along with ministry of sound is a household name. Surely they could have afforded to invest in the people that pay their wages........us!!
Now even though space and pacha are great venues, maybe the answer is to give more for your money, and i dont mean a few more free drinks!
Anyone been to garlands :D
now they've got the right idea. they have no vip room, which is how it should always be, and they have entertainers everywhere. Not like the one's in manumission (cheesy and tacky @times), but ive seen a colouring competion going on in the chill out room and having group sing songs. Just really fun, but very sureal activities.
Anyone go to the FREEBIE they held last year. FREE!! :!:
surely other clubs could follow suit and give something back to the clubbers who loyally follow them without question
here endeth the soapbox session, ty xxx
p.s - garlands was burnt down :x :cry: :x
p.p.s - but they should be rebuilt by may :D :D :D

I found this online a moment ago...

Garlands Ibiza 2003 – Pin Up

Garlands are delighted to announce that they have secured a weekly summer residency at Ibiza’s coolest new club, Pin Up in Playa Den Bossa. Pin Up is a relatively new club to Ibiza and is owned by the people behind Base Bar and the celeb hang out, Hotel Es Vive.

Garlands will be throwing weekly parties every Tuesday, commencing Tuesday 1st July 2003 running through to mid-September. Continuing with their theme of daytime clubbing the parties will begin at 4pm on the Pin Up Terrace and run for 14 hours finishing at 6am Wednesday morning inside.

There will be a split music policy for their parties with the Terrace adopting a funkier Balearic house sound. Garlands residents Dave & Huey will be accompanied by performances from the likes of the Cuban Brothers and Gramma Funk. Meanwhile the inside will adopt the Garlands harder music policy with resident Rob Tissera, Dave Booth and guests.

Garlands made their debut in Ibiza in 2001 in the back room of Eden and became and instant hit with the workers. They returned to Ibiza in 2002 hosting 6 free themed parties at different locations around the island. Their parties were widely regarded as the most exciting events on the island last year due to the locations and effort clubbers made to dress to the themes.

Commenting on the summer ahead, promoter and DJ Hugh Garry said: “If anyone thought our parties last summer were good then they won’t know what’s hit them by the end of September. We plan to theme every party again and bring in some of the best entertainers on the island. What we’re most excited about is the venue. Every few years something new happens in Ibiza that rocks the entire island. In 97 it was Bora Bora, in 2000 it was DC10. This year Pin Up will be THE most talked about club on the island, with Tuesdays being the day to go. Garlands have always partied on Tuesdays because it finishes off a mammoth 48 hour bender that many of our clubbers partake in. It all starts on Monday morning at DC10, continuing Monday evening at Manumission, followed on at Space Tuesday morning, across the road to Bora Bora in the afternoon, then they finish the session off with Garlands – where ever it has been. With a beautiful terrace, an explosive inside room and reasonably priced bar, I can’t think of a better club on the island suited to Garlands.”

Garlands resident Rob Tissera commented on the prospect of joining the team for the summer: “I can honestly say that this could be the most exciting summer of my long and varied career as a DJ. After last year Garlands had the choice of any club on the Island, rather than going for one of the safer established clubs, they went for the newest venue on the island which is a brave decision. They’ve decided to use a small team of DJs comprising of some established DJs and plenty of new talent. Alongside myself expect to see the likes of Petrae Foy and Jez and Charlie making regular appearances. Summer can’t come quick enough…”

Garlands @ Pin Up, Playa Den Bossa

Every Tuesday from July 1st 2003
DJs, Dave & Huey, Rob Tissera.

for more information please email info@garlandsonline.co.uk

that is great news mate i get out there on the 30th jun, just enough time 2 catch the opening party! :D
my m8s are going 2 freak when i tell them about this!! :D :D

Back