Nostalgia - London Clubs early 90's.

90's nostalgia? (Albeit in the Northwesterceshire).

Watch this place go off:!::):p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-TaOq2gEU&feature=related

It's video's like this that remind me of why I f*cking love clubbing!! I wasn't there (too young) but had many a similar experience during my raving/clubbing career 8)

I don't think clubbing for me now will ever recreate the magic of my teenage years, I'm sure its the same for everyone. Those first few years of discovering the rave/club scene (and discovering yourself really too!) were magical, but it doesn't last forever :(

Having said that I can't wait for Fabric this Friday oooeee! :twisted:

If a part of you still wants to discover something genuinely new in this scene, you really have to 'dig deep' to find that any more. I think for most people though, as you get older, it does tend to feel like you are going through the motions, which is why I increasingly appreciate the community aspect of seeing familiar faces as much as anything else, people you can have a knowing laugh about it all with. It is already turning into a nostalgia circuit (just look at some of the naff syndicate spam in the international clubs section) just like northern soul before it, an ageing clique that can't quite let go. If people have house in their DNA they will probably still be at it when they're 80. It's impossible to know how ALL THIS will end up, because in a way we are all still guinea pigs really. I sense that people under 20 have wildly different ideas on what constitutes a good night out. Balloon inhaling, for starters :eek: (pass)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's video's like this that remind me of why I f*cking love clubbing!! I wasn't there (too young) but had many a similar experience during my raving/clubbing career 8)

I don't think clubbing for me now will ever recreate the magic of my teenage years, I'm sure its the same for everyone. Those first few years of discovering the rave/club scene (and discovering yourself really too!) were magical, but it doesn't last forever :(

Having said that I can't wait for Fabric this Friday oooeee! :twisted:

yeah kind of agree, but i refound it a bit last year. different from the early days, but still the same.

and still all dependent, more than anything, on the people i'm with.

that vid of the quad is my fav piece of clubbing footage ever.

fcuking brilliant to watch. like someone's just scored the winning goal in the cup final!

8)8)

You're talking to someone who hasn't touched class As for about six months (bar the odd foray over xmas).

Does sound tasty though.

Exactly! :lol:

Where you from mate? Nice one, what have you taken? What's your name again? Have I met you before? What's your name again? Fu(king safe as houses, love this track. Sorry, what's your name?

To claw back a little bit of self respect I went off him a bit post 92 when he went a bit Ratpack anthemy. ;)

ratpack - i am the captain of this ship and i am ratpacking

lennie ice - we are ieieieieiieiieieieeeeeieieieieee

a hippie, a homeboy and a funki dread - TOTAL CONFUSION! TOTAL CONFUSION!

ratpack - i am the captain of this ship and i am ratpacking

lennie ice - we are ieieieieiieiieieieeeeeieieieieee

a hippie, a homeboy and a funki dread - TOTAL CONFUSION! TOTAL CONFUSION!

Ratpack keep you rushin'...keep your body movin'.

"I neeeeeeed your lovin' like the sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiine" x 1000 :rolleyes:

I did like MCs though - really miss the good ones:

Jo Peng, Ribbz, Robbie Dee (when he's not in a chatty mood) etc. 8)

Back