no more EL DIVINO..... venue now rented by PACHA ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRackin

Super Moderator
the rumour has been circulating for a while and today's UH confirm it. as the link will be dead in a few days, here is the whole article:

Pacha gestionará el local de Marina Ibiza que ahora ocupa El Divino

S. P.

Las dos cerezas distintivas del grupo Pacha sustituirán el sol y la luna partidos de El Divino en la fachada del local que el segundo ha venido ocupando desde hace años en el puerto de Eivissa. Fuentes de Pacha reconocieron ayer que se han hecho con el control de esta instalación y que esperan que empiece a funcionar en verano luciendo ya su nueva enseña.

«En estos momentos hay muchas ideas sobre la mesa, muchas propuestas, por lo que no se puede concretar todavía lo que haremos allí, pero esperamos que el verano próximo abra el local ya con nuestra marca», admitieron fuentes de la popular franquicia.

Usos y nombre

Entre las cuestiones que hay que determinar figuran dos fundamentales: la denominación del nuevo local y sus funciones. La primera es importante porque, como apuntaron desde la propia discoteca, «no puede haber dos discotecas llamadas Pacha en la misma ciudad». Se abre entonces la posibilidad de que el grupo inaugurara con el local de Marina Ibiza una nueva marca para explotar locales de ocio.

La segunda incógnita obedece a que los gestores de Marina Ibiza, al presentar su proyecto para el puerto deportivo, apostaban por que el local de El Divino se convirtiera en un club social.

«Todavía está por definir, pero lo cierto es que el local tiene licencia como discoteca», admitieron desde Pacha, al tiempo que apuntaban que «la estructura del edificio no se puede tocar», lo que dificultaría una reestructuración y reconversión del mismo.
El proyecto de Marina Ibiza contemplaba convertir el local ocupado por El Divino en un club social en el que se preveía un restaurante, piscina climatizada con vistas a Dalt Vila, una zona de spa, duchas y vestuarios, centro de fitness, lavandería, peluquería, biblioteca, sala de estar y aula de conferencias.

Esta propuesta choca, al menos de momento, con la licencia de discoteca del local y con el área principal de negocio de Pacha, si bien la marca de Ricardo Urgell también está estudiando abrir nuevos hoteles y tiene negocios de restauración y de merchandising.

eldivino3.gif

so:
- name: TBC
- opening date: TBC but they plan to have it ready for summer 2010
- use: TBC but maybe it will continue as a club (instead of a social club with restaurant/pool/spa/fitness center/etc, as originally announced)

Interesting.... I hope they turn it into something other than a nightclub.
I love the terrace there but I think it's just dead as a club.
I'll never forget some nights I've had there... From Russia with Love, Roger Sanchez...
But the last time I went in '07 it was just sad.

Maybe with El Div gone, someone can finally get things going in the Kiss/Somny/Diva/Love/Masque complex?? :!:

if Pacha keep it as a nightclub then they'll probably use it as an official stepping stone

much as Defected, Sanchez moved from El Div to Pacha

they'll try smaller nights out there to gauge reaction

... Maybe with El Div gone, someone can finally get things going
in the Kiss/Somny/Diva/Love/Masque complex?? :!:
what ? are you serious ?
that place probably won´t ever work (again) - because it´s cursed !

... and would burgerkingplayadenbossa get more business
if pacha-restaurant would close ?
bringing eldiv in any connection with the "Kiss/Somny/Diva/Love/Masque complex"
is like comparing apples and oranges :))

ps:
and btw - the whole area around that thing is dirty+rotten+ filthy+dodgy to the bone
and should be demolished immediately !

ps:
i´m still laughing about that "AMERICAN MILLIONAIRE"-story :lol:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1199628&postcount=118

the ibiza sun

Another Pacha?

Sources at Pacha confirmed last week that the group had taken control of El Divino, the club which has stood in the marina of Ibiza for the last few years. A spokesman for the club said it was still unsure what the building would be used for, claiming it was not normal policy to have two Pacha nightclubs in the same town.

However Marina Ibiza, in their original presentation of the marina, promised to turn the building into a members club, so it seems there will be much debate over the next few months.

... A spokesman for the club said it was still unsure what the building would be used for,
claiming it was not normal policy to have two Pacha nightclubs in the same town ...
my guess was they do something like in sitges - actually 2 "pachas",
but with a different concept, different size, different music, different people, etc
and call it "sweet(pacha)", too ...
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1309799&postcount=28
http://www.pachasitges.com/
http://www.sweetpacha.com/

... ... turn the building into a members club...

cool - a brothel with a view :)

is that good or bad news ?

... one of the big elephants getting bigger is bad for the consumer,
and maybe bad for the ibiza economy overall.
less competition always leads to an inferior product because there's less motivation
to be better than the guy next door.
ok - at least it can´t get lower than el div in 2009 :)

but there are too few companies/blokes controlling too much of nitelife in ibiza ...

"...
pacha brand director danny whittle said that initial plans being tabled
are to turn the space into more of a restaurant/bar/lounge/club concept,
one that will close around 4am each night ...
..."
(pacha-mag/winter-edition)

"...
something else that is very exciting is that ricardo bought el divino.

so we are looking to reopen this in the summer time.
this is very important for us because we are going to have
something beautiful right in the port of ibiza.

it´s a whole new project but i can´t tell you anymore
because it´s a big secret.
but i will tell you that it´s going to be fantastic !

it´s going to be a big surprise -
it´s not going to be like a disco,
it´s going to be completely different ...
..."
(pacha-mag/winter-edition/rossetta montenegro column)

This was the first club I ever went to in Ibiza many many years ago, have some great memories including playing a closing set back to back with Rob Tissera at Kiss Da Funk

Time marches on.....

It's a long shot but what if Pacha are deciding to make this an alternative their more mainstream house sound? Is it where Luciano's night will be held???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back