Nice restaurants in San An Bay???

J

Julie

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they know of any nice places to eat in San An Bay?? For dinner or lunch?? :?: Such as steaks etc?? Even breakfast - just incase!!!

Thanks!! :)

People have reccomended a place called NUMA (think thats what its called) apparently it does dirt cheap food during the day and isn't bad!

Kumharas does very good indonesian/Thai food

There are a few good English themed places for steaks etc.....

best thing to do is explore when you get there!!! ;)

jackie browns and jackie brown junior is good for english food
they do set menu for something like 10 euros, starter main course and desert and the foods pretty decent

theres a small restaurant called can grao below xaloc apartments which may not look all that but its soooooooooo cheap and really really popular with spanish and english

also peppermint cafe, open all day and quitelate into the night, all ranges of food for reasonable price

jackie browns is more of an evening restaurant whereas the other two are more for a quick meal day or night

hope these help :)

also on the back road of san an bay theres a new thai (?) restaurant, its pretty new and getting quite famous i think. never ate there myself and cant remember what its called but im sure people will add to this. my mates dad owns it so i thought it derserved a plug :oops:

if any of the above information is incorrect please feel free to correct me :D

StevieG said:
People have reccomended a place called NUMA (think thats what its called) apparently it does dirt cheap food during the day and isn't bad!

Kumharas does very good indonesian/Thai food

There are a few good English themed places for steaks etc.....

best thing to do is explore when you get there!!! ;)

Its called DuNa ;)

Its on the beach front in San An Bay.

Jackie Browns is a defo nice place and is very reasonable priced

You must visit Kumharas, a little more expensive but really nice.

Indian - try Devas - excellent food and service

Spanish - Java :?: (Think its called) - Family run. Really nice food and friendly staff

Loads of other diry cheap places that I can be bothered to mention :lol:

There is also a lovely, single storey open fronted restaurant (albeit maybe a bit more pricey than those mentioned above) just further round the coast from Kumharas.

Its right on the beach and is apparently very popular with the locals. Good menu containing lobster, sea bass etc.

Can't recall the name though . . .

andi tsk tsk. your geography!!

come out of the costa sur apartments (where you stayed last year right?)
turn left. it's 150 metres on the right.

30266544-24ff-02000180-.jpg

here are some more

http://members6.clubphoto.com/stephen420924/2073271/owner-52be.phtml

stephen said:
andi tsk tsk. your geography!!
I hang my head in shame... but I still dont recognise it! As we came out of costa sur we rarely went left, and on that holiday we were half board anyway and so ate at the hotel... am I forgiven??

this is my current favourite

http://www.ibiza-restaurants.com/sespalmeres/index.html

really good fresh food, lovely surroundings and a nice atmosphere. we went for new year's eve, and often go for sunday lunch.

if you don't have a car, don't worry, it's on the bus route round the bay.

as well as the ses palmeres on the avenida san agustin there are the budget priced but fantastic value
maria teresa
nueva andalucia
zafiro
and on the 'strip' or close by are
sa punta
tapas
sol y sombra
pyrenees
kiosko
sa savina
can grao
meson alberto
aljovic
pyrenees
kan tong thai
which all have my personal seal of approval

Ses Palmeres

I see from their website - Ses Palmeres - is run by the lads from the Studio Restaurant in Ibiza Town, then it should be good.

Also you must have liked Pyrenees, as you went twice ;)

minimal 'should' be good as christian has moved there from mandolino and does a fantastic italian pizza, as well he might, being italian himself. i haven't been yet.

sorry about that pyrenees mistake, but i've been twice already this month! a charcoal grilled meat lover's dream!

and i finally got to the banyan palace last a couple of weeks ago. beautiful food, cooked and spiced to perfection and efficient service. it was absolutely packed to the rafters on a thursday night at the beginning of april so my advice is reserve a table.
(i also noted in the local press that a famous actress/model had been seen eating there so word is getting round about the place!)

ses palmeres is really really good, excellent modern cuisine, lovely surroundings and head waiter jorg won't mind if i describe him as the funniest camp german ( or is that the campest funny german) in Ibiza!

stephen said:
Ses palmeres is really really good, excellent modern cuisine, lovely surroundings and head waiter jorg won't mind if i describe him as the funniest camp german ( or is that the campest funny german) in Ibiza!

I wonder if that is the same guy who used to work The Studio, he is a strange little fella, but very amusing.

Java by Klippe apts is worth a punt nice food, friendly and cheap if you can put up with the moody singing from the bar next door :confused:

Back