Newbie question on Amnesia, Terrace?

drtechno

Quick question. Been to Amnesia once. Where the hell is the Terrace and where the hell is the main room? When you walk in, there is one room on the right, and a larger room on the left with a stage and everything. I would assume the main room is the larger one, the one on the left with the stage? But then I see reference to things saying the terrace is the bigger room. The area on the right seems pretty damned small to me to be considered the main room. Plus they claim the ice cannons are in the main room, but they were in the room on the left last year. So you can understand the confusion :)

left = terrace
right = main room

but since the terrace was "upgraded" last year some say
the terrace is the (new) main room !

I cant imagine ice cannons in the "main room". Its so small in there the whole place must be filled with smoke ! They pretty much filled most of the terrace when they went off last year.

I cant imagine ice cannons in the "main room". Its so small in there the whole place must be filled with smoke ! They pretty much filled most of the terrace when they went off last year.

It's not smoke though so it doesn't linger. just a blast of dry ice to cool the people down.

The main room is actually a lot bigger than it seems, not as big as the terrace, granted, but i reckon that main dancefloor holds 600-800 people easily, and then there's the bit to the right with the bar which must hold another couple of hundred when full. Think it seems smaller than it is cos there are 'walls' all around so it seems closed in.

When the canon goes off though it does completely fill the dancefloor, but this is a good thing! :twisted:

The main room is actually a lot bigger than it seems, not as big as the terrace, granted, but i reckon that main dancefloor holds 600-800 people easily, and then there's the bit to the right with the bar which must hold another couple of hundred when full. Think it seems smaller than it is cos there are 'walls' all around so it seems closed in.

When the canon goes off though it does completely fill the dancefloor, but this is a good thing! :twisted:

Im willing to bet my last dollar during the cream nights you can double that amount in the main room!!!!!

:)

When I was at Cream on the 9th and 16th July, it was uncomfortably rammed. So much so that I actually didnt enjoy my self as much as i should of given where i was. If there was ever a fire and everyone had to evacuate quickly people would actually be killed. Amnesia defo need to consider this and in the UK filling a club twice over its capacity would definitely not be allowed under health and saftey legislation.

Has Anyone ever known a Cream night to actually sell out??? I never have. I think they would keep selling tickets until you actually couldnt physically walk through the door.

It's not smoke though so it doesn't linger. just a blast of dry ice to cool the people down.

Yea I know. I was in the terrace last year when they were using them (the fools waited until ~530am when it was almost cleared out to fire them). But that was a much bigger space tho :)

Cant wait !!

Back