NEW YORKER R E V I E W - Part I

S

SFSunshine

Dates you were there: September 9 - September 17, 2002
-.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Where you stayed: Jets Apartments 20 steps from BORA BORA!

This is a Prime location due to close PROXIMITY to Bora Bora, Space, Pago Pago Beach. If you are thinking about Space and all of the above, then this the place to STAY. Also, A GIANT THANK YOU to Luciana, Betty and Keudra - they all work at Hotel Reception and they provided Free TICKETS TO SPACE, PRIVILEGE AND EL PARADIS. FREE TICKETS!

Again, Thank you.! Cool, Awesome, and Party Girls.

Club nights visited: Tuesday, September 10
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--..-
First, a couple of San Miguel Cervezitas at BORA BORA, Nice music, Amazing Crowd, TOTALLY Awesome crowd at Bora Bora, This is a "MUST" before any CLUB. Everyone is so Friendly and Party Freaking Animals.
After Bora Bora, PACHA Perfecto closing party - Paul Oakenfold, Pete Tong, Steve Lawler. Clubs was Beautiful, People were Beautiful, Music by Steve was +100 WE CLOSED THE PLACE DOWN.!

Club nights visited: Wednesday, September 11
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.
No Bora for me this day, instead we went to MAMBO CAFES for Sunset.... WOW!WOW!WOW! then PACHA: Subliminal / Underwater - Erick Morillo, Seb Fontaine; backroom: FutureShock (4 hours / Dex N FX)

Club nights visited: Thursday, September 12
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.
p.m. Carl Cox Residency Closing - Chris Liebing, Will Grant
TERRACE WAS SUPER PACKED AND AMAZING CROWD....

20 Kilometers away was AMNESIA Cream - DJ Tiesto, Tall Paul, Guy Ornadel; terrace: Creamx10 - Andy Carroll + guests.

I'm sorry Space and Mr. Cox but FOR THIS NIGHT I HAD TO SEE TIESTO.... Props to You Mr. Cox and SPACE TERRACE! wow! what an amazing Crowd!

Club nights visited: Friday, September 13
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.
Bora Bora and Space - La Communidad

Club nights visited: Saturday, September 14
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.
Bora Bora and Es Paradis and PRIVILEGE

Club nights visited: Sunday, September 15
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.
Bora Bora and SPACE.
Sundays @ Space - Sasha, Lottie, yousef, Hernan Cattaneo; DefMix breakfast with Satoshi Tomeii, Lord G

Club nights visited: Monday, September 16
.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.
No clubs for me this day.... instead we went to LAS SALINAS BEACH! Beautiful People and Cheap Beers at Malibu.... even cheaper than Bora Bora and bigger beers! Weird.

Best Night: MR. COX AT SPACE THEN CREAM AMNESIA WITH TALL PAUL AND TIESTO. NO words to describe BUT I STILL GET CHILLS just to think that we did TWO CLUBS WITH THREE MAJOR DJS in the world.

Coxy, Tiesto and Tall Paul TWO CLUBS 22 HOURS! - pROPs to my body!

Worst Night: COMING BACK TO THE STATES! - there were ZERO (0) bad nights... all of them were GREAT IN THEIR OWN WAY!

Best Bar: Bora Bora at Playa den Bossa, Maliu at Las Salinas en Mambo in San Antonio. THERE WERE ALL THREE MY BEST BARS!

Best Place to Eat: BBQ Grill at Jet Apts and Malibu LAS SALINAS!

Money Spent: EVERYTHING COMBINED both Dollars, Pounds and Euros (airfare, club tickets, hotel, drinks, bus, cab, food)

Total = $4000 US dollars "NO REGRETS! NONE WAS SO EVER!"

Biggest Regret: none, ZERO, nada!

Going Back?: three LETTERS = Y E S

Top Tip: LIVE IT UP! Live like there's no tomorrow and I mean it!

I was there the same time from Chicago. Loved Bora Bora, Space,
Malibu (hottest topless women, wow) Never made it to Privilege.
Was is the club like? (I even had a free pass!) Loved Pacha, and this little Irish Bar Murphys right next to Bora Bora. I stayed about a half a blk from the Jet apt. (Hotel Goleta) I really wanted to check out Privilege, but never made it. I only ran into two other Americans. We were probably at Bora Bora and Le Salinas beach the same time. I spent about the same as you! It was awesome. I just wish it was closer to the U.S. It would be my new Vegas retreat!

You review is one of the best I have read as seems to have a lot of feeling behind it.

Just 1 thing

Perfecto closing party - Paul Oakenfold, Pete Tong, Steve Lawler - Oakie did not play I think he has fallen out with the Perfecto promoter.

Ooops sorry he is the Perfecto promoter !!! Ahh well no doubt the door price was reduced to reflect this !!!!

You're Abs. right ABOUT OAKIE...!

But, IT WAS a.)awesome b.) Fantastic c.) Great

How many ppl from this board were there? were you in one spot or moving around the whole night?

YES, GOLETA WAS VERY close...!

- Privilege was AWESOME!

- gOLETA was very close to JEt...

- Bora bora was like my 2nd Home - was there every night.. FANTASTIC CROWD, the best crowd...!

- Murphy's bar was nice at 5:00am (billiards)...

- Malibu at Las Salinas was like Spanish and Italian Riviera

DIDN'T GET A CHance to mingle with other americans...

We were there at Pacha for Perfecto as well. We were pissed that Digweed bailed on Renaissnace, so we headed out to Oakie as that was the other good party that evening. And then yet another let down, with a pleasant ending. We ended up beig treated by Steve Lawler again in the same week, in Ibiza. f*** oakie, Steve rocked the place. Plus, nto only did I get to meet and shake hands with Tenaglia, but my friend also sneaked a apicture in with him.

Back in San Francisco now, and wishing I was at Bora Bora listening to Josh One - Contemplation, being dropped, but who I consider to be one of the best beach house dj's on the island. I dont know who the dj there is, but Bora Bora is the best bar on earth.

Sanchez the night before, was wicked, I also met him, at a record store on tues, and he signed his cd for me. Then we went to Subliminal again to Pacha, Erick Morillo was a monster. And then, yes again, back to Pacha on Friday for MOS.

Who else thinks that Smoking Jo is the hottest female dj alive! Well, I also dig Lottie, but thats a completely different type of woman.

1.5 weeks in Ibiza, probably make it 2 weeks next year, in a villa with a lot of party people from the West Coast.

Bora Bora DJ

The DJ most nights at Bora Bora is DJ Gee .....a quality DJ from Kent in England. He's got a couple of CDs on release under the Bora Bora banner if you want to try and relive those moments back in the States (not sure if they're doing a new one, the first one is about 1997 and is wicked and the next about 2000).
Good to hear the USA has finally caught onto the wonders of Ibiza!

thanks for the DJ id. I will definitely hunt those cd's down, and I am sure they will rip. i am also glad to see from this board, that there is definitely a bigger us presence there than I thought. when we were there, we did not hear any familiar voices barely at all. from what i have been reading here, seems like a lot of you were partying at the same places we were. will have to organize the next trip a bit better, and meet up.

by the way, to the creators of this site: this is a great thing. it keeps the good times alive.

peace and house!

I'm from England actually, but I'm hearing more and more American accents over there over the past 3 years.
Like I said, welcome aboard.

first timer said:
Malibu (hottest topless women, wow)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Salinas-020_jpg.jpg

Back