New York

framch30

For anyone who has visited / lives / partied in the NYC area recently or over the past year or two, what clubs / venues or events / nights did you go to or can recommend and even ones that should maybe not bother with? Any info appreciated.

We're visiting over Halloween Oct 25th - Nov 2nd, there's already a couple of events that have caught my eye, Danny Tenaglia at Freq and the city fox Halloween festival. There's also the Kruder & Dorfmeister dj set at Sony Hall, decisions decisions. Always fancied checking out Output but ultimately it'll be line up / music / good vibes that win the day.

I went in March and loved it. The only club i managed to go to was Output for Horse Meat Disco which was amazing. A 'proper' club - loads of energy, great soundsystem and was packed from opening til close. Also you weren't allowed to take photos or videos which was good - not the same strictness of Berghain where they put a sticker on your camera lens but i did see a number of people getting told off by bouncers and I would imagine you would get chucked out if you were a repeat offender! I was meant to go to a secret warehouse party with Zip the next day in Brooklyn organised by ReSolute but i was completely wiped out from the night before. Would have been interested to see what sort of crowd that got in NYC. Brooklyn had loads of cool bars that we went to before Output but I can't remember the names now apart from the Whyte Hotel which had great views from the roof.

The Cityfox party at Brooklyn Mirage will be a good party. Venue is a large warehouse turned club. Halloween too so everyone will dress up.

The Danny T party might be a weird crowd. Plus it’s in Manhattan and anything good is in Brooklyn these days, not Manhattan.

There is also a Circoloco party that will be another warehouse style party. The promoter is the other big tech promoter next to Cityfox.

Output is a tourist club these days, but still decent. Dance floor is too small and it gets annoying. Look for Resolute and a few others for afterhours. Resident advisor has mostly everything.

Pockets of people on it,others there to be there. Last time at body&soul one Sunday I was in a queue with 40 Japanese tourists and what looked like the crew from Jersey shore..:eek:

Pockets of people on it,others there to be there. Last time at body&soul one Sunday I was in a queue with 40 Japanese tourists and what looked like the crew from Jersey shore..:eek:

Sounds horrific and something I'd run a mile from. Haven't been clubbing in NYC since the Twilo times.

The Cityfox party at Brooklyn Mirage will be a good party. Venue is a large warehouse turned club. Halloween too so everyone will dress up.

The Danny T party might be a weird crowd. Plus it’s in Manhattan and anything good is in Brooklyn these days, not Manhattan.

There is also a Circoloco party that will be another warehouse style party. The promoter is the other big tech promoter next to Cityfox.

Output is a tourist club these days, but still decent. Dance floor is too small and it gets annoying. Look for Resolute and a few others for afterhours. Resident advisor has mostly everything.

Thanks, Cityfox is looking like the preffered event. So resolute would be an afterhours from 6am onwards or what?

Thanks, Cityfox is looking like the preffered event. So resolute would be an afterhours from 6am onwards or what?

Yeah they start earlier I think and go on until afternoon usually. Crowd can thin as the morning goes on, but if you want crackhead afterhour vibe, this is usually it.

That recent Perlon party looked very legit. ReSolute have certainly raised their game in recent years! Looking forward to my next visit to NYC more and more.

Back