New York

EL CANO

I'm going to New York on 30th April. Never been to the US before. Got plans to go clubbing at Discotheque on May 1st as MYNC are playing there.
Any tips or hints on US clubbing. Any one been to Discotheque?
Any New York tips generally would be appreciated.

EL CANO said:
I'm going to New York on 30th April. Never been to the US before. Got plans to go clubbing at Discotheque on May 1st as MYNC are playing there.

DON'T RENT A CAR.................AND I LOVE NYC...YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST :lol:

EL CANO said:

sorry never been to discotheque but heard only good things about it

NYC clubbing

hey cano

you will enjoy NYC, i guarantee! as far as discotheque goes, i have never been. i suggest when you get here pick up the latest issue of time out new york, they have a comprehensive listing of whats going on. from personal experience i would try to hit up:

-ARC (formerly vinyl) is usually great. danny tenaglia every friday, and world class guest dj's most saturdays. this place is dry though, so get your drink on beforehand or hide some pills really really well (security is tight)
-ROXY is a big roller rink on the weekdays, a dance club on the weekends. PVD played here last week, dont know who's up this week.
-SOUND FACTORY was OK, i think it has been shut down by NYPD for drugs.
-EXIT is massive, was also shut down for drugs, has recently reopened. havent been since it opened again.
-CENTRO-FLY has their GBH nights (great british house) which has been good in the past
-there are NUMEROUS little clubs and lounges that are awesome, too many to list. you shouldnt have trouble finding them

as a heads up, mayor bloomberg recently passed an ANTI-SMOKING law here in NYC, so you will not be able to smoke indoors anymore!! terrible, i know. a bouncer was actually KILLED last week when he was trying to throw out someone who was smoking. word.

have fun!

Arc is def. the best club in the city right now.... Danny always puts on a great part every Friday...

If you're looking for something to do..
check out
http://bbs.clubplanet.com

The people on this message board should be able to point you in the right direction...

yes forgot about exit...defintely go there...and vinyl never been....:)...go to SCORES :)

you'll like
nik

aight if you want a real clubbing expereince do yoursefl a favor and DO NOT GO TO EXIT... I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO EXIT....

hit up arc....they bring in heavy hitters on sats...last week was deep dish and tomorrow is howells....etc etc and every friday night is dannt T,,,,

centro fly is a must....next thurs is hybrid......they ripped it up last time they were here....everyother sat is junior sanchez...the name of his party is shut up and dance...hahaahaha,...he was sick last time i heard him to....

factory is a crack den...music sucks and there are hundreds of juice heads walking around with their shirts off.....

exit is also miserable....bunch of little kids running around with glowsticks.

there are also hundreds of lounges to hit up.....

morillo spins at discoteche i believe....check www.clubplanet.com for uptodate details

Well you already have your plans for Thursday night (Discothèque)
http://www.discothequenyc.com/

Friday night you should check out Danny Tenaglia @ Arc (6 Hubert Street @ Hudson Street)
www.arcspace.net

Danny T generally takes the deck around around 2-3 and spins until whenever, and I do mean whenever....

Saturday night: con-fu-sion 4 year anniversary party at Centro-Fly (45 W 21st St @ 6th Ave)
http://www.centro-fly.com/
Centro plays an eclectic mix of dance music.

Another venue worth checking out is: -- good music & vibe w/ a proper sound system --
Filter-14 (432 West 14th Street @ Washington Street) 212.366.5680

Thanks for the tips peeps. We are defo going to Discotheque to support MYNC who are our local heros on the thursday night./ DT on friday sounds good.
One question how easy is it to score in NYC & how do we go about it without getting ourselves shot or in trouble?

Thanx agin for the tips. I'm really looking forward to it. We are only there for 3 days but I don't anticipate getting any sleep.Also we are on a stag trip, any good lap dancing clubs? Without being ripped off that is.

definitely do discotech thursdays...its subliminal thursdays there...erick morillo usually gets top notch DJs there on thursdays....i was there for his Bday 4 weeks ago and the place was maddddd..no dress code or anything..centro fly on thursday is definitely a competitor with it but the edge goes to discotech...fridays arent as good so i really cant give ya any tips but theres tons and tons of bars in NYC in every neigborhood...u may wanna check out this bar/louge liquids on 1st and avenue A...great house music and a few Brits in there....saturday u may wanna hit up Sessa for the Spirit of Ibiza party...ill be honest that NYC since we lost Twilo and Limelight isnt the same as far as clubbing goes...u have wack ass Arc that has been struggling with bringing in people and doesnt serve alcohol...Centro Fly on Fridays is awesome...Pete Tong did the Essential Selection and Essential Mix from there in January and the place was sickkk...other than that heres a tip...go into Brooklyn especially the Park Slope area or Williamsburg section...its alot like the city but different at the same time...i would also suggest u check out other boroughs like Queens and the Bronx because NYC is mostly out-of-towners from other countries and states...to get a real taste of how real NYers live u should visit the other 4 boroughs,....as far as getting shot...just stay away from the ghettos...ull know them when u see them

joecrack13 said:
...ill be honest that NYC since we lost Twilo and Limelight isnt the same as far as clubbing goes...

Oh Twilo -- we really miss Twilo - the memories, the DJ's, the parties, the people :( :(

premile said:
joecrack13 said:
...ill be honest that NYC since we lost Twilo and Limelight isnt the same as far as clubbing goes...

Oh Twilo -- we really miss Twilo - the memories, the DJ's, the parties, the people :( :(
lets not forget about The Tunnel!!!!

i could only imagine carl cox spinning there...that place would have been perfect for him casue the crowd wanted the beats fast and intense

msoprano13 said:
lets not forget about The Tunnel!!!!
i could only imagine carl cox spinning there...that place would have been perfect for him casue the crowd wanted the beats fast and intense

When I got into clubbing (1998) The Tunnel had already passed it's hey day, but I've heard some pretty 'interesting' stories ;)

premile said:
joecrack13 said:

TWILO WAS AMAZING...........BEFORE SEEING PVD AT ROXY...I SAW HIM 2 YEARS AGO AT TWILO :)...F@#ING ROCKED......LEFT THE CLUB AT 9 AM HAHAHAHA AND DIDNT' RELAIZE IT WAS THAT LATE....mmmm well that early in the morning lol
NIK

I have to agree 100% with joe crack.....but that is probably because i have attended all of the parties that he mentioned with that wierdo. spirit of ibiza party at sessa is great, decent music, cool "miami" vibe, and a phat club/lounge.....thursday at discotheque is, in my opinion, the best night out in the city.....centro fly is always a good option, i have to agree with avoiding exit and sound factory, unless you want to chill with juice-heads, crack-heads, or a bunch of als waving their glowsticks.

jonbawls said:
I have to agree 100% with joe crack.....but that is probably because i have attended all of the parties that he mentioned with that wierdo. spirit of ibiza party at sessa is great, decent music, cool "miami" vibe, and a phat club/lounge.....thursday at discotheque is, in my opinion, the best night out in the city.....centro fly is always a good option, i have to agree with avoiding exit and sound factory, unless you want to chill with juice-heads, crack-heads, or a bunch of als waving their glowsticks.

nice signature hahahhahahah

It's great

If you've never been to NYC before, it's an experence you would never forget. Remember to stay to the big name clubs you would hear on the radio, stay away from the back-alley clubs which are more about drinking, getting drunk and vomiting in the middle of a street. the big name clubs are higher-classed people who don't just want to drink and start a fight with someone. Oh ya, remember the drinking age is 21 in all of the USA. (The USA, where thousands of men died to gain freedom, and a few lawyers litigated their asses off to limit freedom!) I'm sure it is an experence you would never forget. The people are nice here (don't believe all of the rap songs you hear, NYC still has shootings but i've never seen one myself or known anyone who has seen one, and I'm there all the time).
Here's a tip, don't drive from 4pm-7pm. You would want to shoot yourself. IT IS ACTULLY FASTER TO WALK THAN TO DRIVE DURING THOSE HOURS!
Be sure to see the whole place, don't limit yourself to just clubbing. Coney Island is close by and it is a real, old fashoned amusement park. I LOVE NEW YORK!

Back