New York, New Pacha, New Pix this way

Dr Mick

Hi guys,

Pacha are going to open a club in New York, according to the latest issue of their Ibiza-based magazine.

http://www.pacha.com/magazinesept/septpages/Pg084+85-PachaSept05-NY.html

It will be in the site of the old Sound Factory, on 46th Street.

Erick Morillo will be resident.

Erick:"What Pacha does so effortlessly - putting VIPs, models and actors in the same room as clubbers - is what we want to achieve in New York... I'll decide who'll be playing and what parties we'll be doing... I'm going to ensure we have the best sound system in the world."

Re: New York, New Pacha

Dr Mick said:
Hi guys,

Pacha are going to open a club in New York, according to the latest issue of their Ibiza-based magazine.

Erick:"What Pacha does so effortlessly - putting VIPs, models and actors in the same room as clubbers WITH ONLY A RED ROPE AND AN ARMY OF GORILLAS TO KEEP THEM COMPLETELY SEPARATE- is what we want to achieve in New York... I'll decide who'll be playing and what parties we'll be doing... I'm going to ensure we have the best sound system in the world."

Missed a bit Erick? :lol:

Re: New York, New Pacha

Dr Mick said:
Hi guys,

Erick:"What Pacha does so effortlessly - putting VIPs, models and actors in the same room as clubbers - is what we want to achieve in New York... I'll decide who'll be playing and what parties we'll be doing... I'm going to ensure we have the best sound system in the world."

Can't wait for this!

sheeva said:
N8 said:
Hopefully it won't turn completely shit like Pacha London :lol:

Good chance it will, but I'm still excited to check it out!

I'm thinking the same thing.

Make sure you hit all opening parties there; for any club in NY it's always downhill from there. Crobar and Avalon were exciting at first but now they're dark and very ghetto - no glamour or style whatsoever. Doesn't matter what superstar DJ they pay loads to appear, it's always an overpacked club of bridge and tunnel trash and very uncomfortable. Bottle service at Crobar gets you a $20 bottle of champagne in a plastic bucket in a cramped space for $300!! Most of these places aren't worth getting in for free.

There's only 1
cherrieslogotrans.gif
8)

Here are some illustrations of the new venture which intends to create an "Ibiza-meets-NYC" vibe with "bikinied women showering in translucent support pillars and atmospheric nooks in the balconies while the main floor DJ booth will move to the ground, encircled with LED lights."

Wet-room-L-Res.jpg

Wet (!) Room - Pacha NYC

DJ-Booth-L-Res.jpg

Erick - Pacha NYC

Vaulted-Room_L-RES.jpg

Vaulted Room - Pacha NYC

3rd-Fl_bar.jpg

3rd Floor Bar - Pacha NYC

Blue-Room-01-L-Res.jpg

Blue Room - Pacha NYC

Blue-Room-02-L-Res.jpg

Blue Room - Pacha NYC

Jacuzzi-Lounge-L-Res.jpg

Jacuzzi Lounge - Pacha NYC

Main-Bar-2nd-Floor-L-Res.jpg

Main Bar - Pacha NYC

Mirror-Lounge-L-Res.jpg

Mirror Lounge - Pacha NYC

Palace_L-RES.jpg

Palace - Pacha NYC

www.pachanyc.com

fatphilb said:
Looks very nice indeed.

When is Pacha Dundee opening Mick?

When the polar ice caps melt - around 2020 by current estimates.

It will create headlines by charging a fiver for a Buckfast on ice. Riots ensued.

Dr Mick said:
Here are some illustrations of the new venture which intends to create an "Ibiza-meets-NYC" vibe with "bikinied women showering in translucent support pillars and atmospheric nooks in the balconies while the main floor DJ booth will move to the ground, encircled with LED lights."

For the ladies: you can see men showering in the nude at Splash bar on 17th Street. For everyone: the pillar showers will be cool if they feature the real Pacha girls who did the beach promos in Ibiza this year. And what about Andressa - will they fly her in so she can fly throughout the club? And are those lap dances going on in the Palace room? This place is getting more exciting by the minute!

The moving DJ booth - up and down is a fabulous idea! Maybe they could make it one better, though, by designing it to fly out over the crowd with smoke and lots of fanfare - think the mothership of Parliament/Funkadelic or the ship with Ol' Deutoronomy at the end of "Cats".

I hope the club really lives up these pictures after the opening, though; Avalon had gorgeous mock ups but has turned into an unattractive hole.

Either way, it's something exciting to look forward to in NYC. :)

Back