New York Events

jonbawls

I noticed a few more people on the board from NYC.....so here is a list of NYC events thru the end of May - some good parties coming up

4/27 – Peter Bailey at Bed
4/28 – Made in Italy at Pacha
4/28 – Merrit and Peter Bailey (after hrs) at Release
4/28 – Junior Vazquez at Bassline
4/29 – Jeff Mills at Pacha
4/29 – Peter Rauhofer at Roxy
4/30 – Tom Stephan at Show
4/30 – Quentin Harris at Cielo
5/4 – Axwell at Bed
5/4 – Josh Wink at Cielo
5/6 – Eric Morillo at Pacha
5/6 – David Morales at Crobar
5/7 – Junior Vazquez at Cielo
5/11 – Chus & Ceballos at Cielo
5/12 – Dave Seaman and Chris Fortier at Crobar
5/13 – Depeche Mode at Jones Beach
5/18 – Andy Caldwell at Lisa Shaw at Bed
5/19 – Seb Fontaine and Exacta at Crobar
5/20 – Behrouz and Victor Calderone at Crobar
5/20 – Jonathan Peters at Pacha
5/21 - Quentin Harris at Cielo
5/26 – Deep Dish (Ali Dubfire) at Crobar
5/27 – Roger Sanchez at Crobar
5/28 - Junior Vazquez at Cieo
6/11 – Steve Lawler

So am I co-incedently. If you could do the same for the first weekend of June mate, I'd be very grateful!

nice one

I'll be in NY in May to catch Behrouz and Victor Calderone at Crobar as well as a recent fav. of mine at the moment, Quenten Harris at Cielo.

I'm studying out here at the mo, I see that Mylo's also playing on Wednesday 10th May at Hiro. He's always been wicked when i've seen him in the past. Jon Bawls can you tell me what Hiro's like as a club? I checked the website and it seems a bit too civilised - almost like a restaruant?!

Thanks

Rebelot said:
I'm studying out here at the mo, I see that Mylo's also playing on Wednesday 10th May at Hiro. He's always been wicked when i've seen him in the past. Jon Bawls can you tell me what Hiro's like as a club? I checked the website and it seems a bit too civilised - almost like a restaruant?!

Thanks

i am pretty sure that hiro is a restaurant.....havent been yet though

Hiro is a very nice restaurant, but they have a 'ballroom' as well - very nice space, the door can be tough so dress nice and bring a nice looking date.

Check out the Rhythmism website for up to date listings

dialf4flo said:
@jonbawls
i'm in nyc from 01.06.-10.06. any events confirmed??
greets

so far this is all that i know for early june -

at crobar on friday june 2 - danny tenaglia is spinning, there is a rumor that danny howells will be there also, either way I WILL BE THERE!!!

at crobar on friday june 9 - sasha & Satoshiie tomiie

at cielo on sunday june 11 - steve lawler

if i hear anything else, i will post it

rhythmismo said:
I'll be in NY in May to catch Behrouz and Victor Calderone at Crobar as well as a recent fav. of mine at the moment, Quenten Harris at Cielo.

saw quentin harris at pacha nyc recently, was pretty impressive.
i will also be at the behrouz party.

jonbawls said:
saw quentin harris at pacha nyc recently, was pretty impressive.
i will also be at the behrouz party.

right on! new york is on fire again. we'll be checking out the behrouz show in May at Crobar and you can also add Behrouz to the roster at Cielo on June 29th. I'm just part of Team Behrouzzza ;) and know his schedule from him myspace page, lol.

maxina said:
right on! new york is on fire again. we'll be checking out the behrouz show in May at Crobar and you can also add Behrouz to the roster at Cielo on June 29th. I'm just part of Team Behrouzzza ;) and know his schedule from him myspace page, lol.

NICE - Behrouz at a Deep Space Party!!!!! Will Francois K be spinning also???

jonbawls said:
so far this is all that i know for early june -

at crobar on friday june 2 - danny tenaglia is spinning, there is a rumor that danny howells will be there also, either way I WILL BE THERE!!!

Good lord. It was MADE for my visit! I land at 10pm Friday night!

Apparently Morillos doing a 12 hour marathon at Pacha (gotta do the tourist thing ;))on the Saturday, so it looks like I'm getting NO sleep all weekend!

Thanks a lot for that mate ;)

[Apparently Morillos doing a 12 hour marathon at Pacha (gotta do the tourist thing ;))on the Saturday, so it looks like I'm getting NO sleep all weekend!

sounds like a hard weekend..for me too 8)

Dan x said:
Good lord. It was MADE for my visit! I land at 10pm Friday night!

Apparently Morillos doing a 12 hour marathon at Pacha (gotta do the tourist thing ;))on the Saturday, so it looks like I'm getting NO sleep all weekend!

Thanks a lot for that mate ;)

i saw morillo at pacha last weekend......not really a good set at all.
check pachanyc.com and wantickets.com to get advance tickets......def buy tickets in advance for the tenaglia night, always a mad house at crobar when he spins

jonbawls said:
i saw morillo at pacha last weekend......not really a good set at all.
check pachanyc.com and wantickets.com to get advance tickets......def buy tickets in advance for the tenaglia night, always a mad house at crobar when he spins

Whats the best time to go to crobar especially when Danny Tenaglia is spinning?

dialf4flo said:
Whats the best time to go to crobar especially when Danny Tenaglia is spinning?

i usually get there early for DT.....he usually goes on around 11, and usually spins till past noon. i am not sure if howells is also spinning (i heard a rumor that he was) but clubs in nyc stop serving alcohol at 4am (sometimes they reopen the bar at 8am) so for DT i would suggest getting there early (like around 12) or late (after 3am) because the line is usually really crazy bet 1-3. you can buy tickets in advance at wantickets.com; i usually do this, because they jack up prices at the door; BUT THESE TICKETS DO NOT GET EXPRESS ENTRY, you still have to wait on line. another thing, and i only mention this because everytime that i go to crobar, i see someone from outside the USA getting denied at the door, is BRING IDENTIFICATION showing your age......the door people dont care that you travelled across the world, they will turn you down if you cant prove that you are 21.

finally, if the line is really crazy at the door, approach one of the bouncers DISCREETELY and offer them $20 or so per person, and they will skip you further ahead of the line (can save you an hour of waiting)

these clubs are all in new jersey...they arent really my scene and i think that they close at 3am, but if you are coming to nyc for an extended trip and you REALLY want to see one these djs.....it is prob about an hr and a half train ride, or an hr if you rent a car.

Lawler at Abyss June 7; Calderone at Abyss June 14; and DJ Vibe at Deko June 17

@jonbawl: Thanks for all the informations! What about dresscodes at Crobar/Pacha? Is it possible to wear sneakers and jeans??

dialf4flo said:
@jonbawl: Thanks for all the informations! What about dresscodes at Crobar/Pacha? Is it possible to wear sneakers and jeans??

you can definitely wear jeans.....i have never had a problem with sneakers either, as long as you dont look sloppy, you will be fine. your best bet is to get tickets to the party before hand

June Events

June Events:

June 2 - Danny Tenaglia at Crobar
June 3 - David Morales at Crobar
June 3 - Erick Morillo at Pacha
June 5 - Francois K at Cielo
June 7 - Louie Vega at Cielo
June 8 - Layo & Bushwacka at Cielo
June 9 - Sasha and Satoshiie Tomiie at Crobar
June 10 - Steve Angello at Pacha
June 11 - Steve Lawler at Cielo
June 12 - Francois K at Cielo