New Years @ The Dome ?

had to add my little say to this thread. Im a regular visitor to ibiza and large clubbing events etc etc.
last year, i made the biggest mistake of my life by going to the dome on nye. I have never ever been to such a badly organised event.
yes it was cold but nothing they could do about that.
Drinks: there were about 5 bars for 50,000 people. no cash at the bars. you had to buy tokens. good idea if it is done right. problem was, they only had two or three token booths with 4 or 5 people in each. that is 15 people max, selling bar tokens to 50,000 people. These people have brains??? Apart from the inconvenience this was really really dangerous, especially with the amount of people on pills.....but I guess MOS excuse would be that they shouldnt be taking pills.
Toilets: 4 blocks of toilets.....with approx 10 toilets in each......40 toilets for 50,000 people......as a result, people were pissing and shitting anywhere they could. Also because you couldnt get a drink, everyone was trying to get water in the toilets. It was crazy.
There were no stewards anywhere to control anything. I got caught up in two crushes going in and out of the toilets......Im well able to look after myself but even I was scared.....I hate to think what any of the girls thought or were feeling.
At one stage we saw three "so called" stewards carrying a girl out who had obviously collapsed for some reason. The stewards could not find their way out of the dome and didnt know where the nearest exit was. They were shouting at people "how the f*ck do we get out of this place?"

I had been warned by a few people not to go to the Dome last NYE as it was being organised by MOS. People told me they are notoriously bad for organising big events and do not have the professionalism of some of the other big groups. Im just sorry I didnt listen to them.

spunkymonkey said:
had to add my little say to this thread. Im a regular visitor to ibiza and large clubbing events etc etc.
last year, i made the biggest mistake of my life by going to the dome on nye. I have never ever been to such a badly organised event.
yes it was cold but nothing they could do about that.
Drinks: there were about 5 bars for 50,000 people. no cash at the bars. you had to buy tokens. good idea if it is done right. problem was, they only had two or three token booths with 4 or 5 people in each. that is 15 people max, selling bar tokens to 50,000 people. These people have brains??? Apart from the inconvenience this was really really dangerous, especially with the amount of people on pills.....but I guess MOS excuse would be that they shouldnt be taking pills.
Toilets: 4 blocks of toilets.....with approx 10 toilets in each......40 toilets for 50,000 people......as a result, people were pissing and shitting anywhere they could. Also because you couldnt get a drink, everyone was trying to get water in the toilets. It was crazy.
There were no stewards anywhere to control anything. I got caught up in two crushes going in and out of the toilets......Im well able to look after myself but even I was scared.....I hate to think what any of the girls thought or were feeling.
At one stage we saw three "so called" stewards carrying a girl out who had obviously collapsed for some reason. The stewards could not find their way out of the dome and didnt know where the nearest exit was. They were shouting at people "how the f*ck do we get out of this place?"

I had been warned by a few people not to go to the Dome last NYE as it was being organised by MOS. People told me they are notoriously bad for organising big events and do not have the professionalism of some of the other big groups. Im just sorry I didnt listen to them.

That sounds f***ing marvelous! :rolleyes:

This is typical of these large events. I have stewarded before and there has been no information provided. The whole problem is that different companies are brought in to provide these services. Pay is poor and training non-existant. The stewards themselves don't even seem to make it to the bottom of the pile, their so low down. Yet they are responsible for the safety of all, raising alarms, coordinating emergency services, aiding customers. They are expected to do all this in an environment they have no experience in.

This New Years Eve. Why spend shit-loads just getting in to a club, so you can join in the various attempts to beat the World Record for the highest density of clubbers? Why bother listening to some big name, when you wont actually have the room to dance?

Take the opportunity to have a party and do your own.

Back