New Year's Eve .... # P r i c e s #

S

*Saffy*

Why so high?

£27.50 for Hed Kandi at Bed on NYE .. and no doubt they will put their drink's prices up .. and I haven't got the slightest doubt that they will turn the taps off in the toilets .. (illegal you know .. as I've found out - both Hot and Cold water should be available in toilets) ...

I'm sure Bed isn't the only club to do this .. or to charge phenominally high prices for NYE ...

RE: Water in clubs

In the Uk, hot n cold should be available in the toilets, and plentiful free drinking water should be available from the bar at all times.

To be honest £27.50 is pretty cheap for a club for NYE, I think anything up to about £50 is acceptable for clubbing on NYE. Clubs have to pay staff more, DJs charge more, blah blah blah.

Aw well, i dont really go to clubs on NYE, house parties with all your mates are much better imo.

Well ... I will be staying home on NYE ...

To be honest ... as much as I LOVE Hed Kandi ... as soon as I got all excited with the knowledge that those guys would be at Bed on NYE, the realisation that this would be the first NYE I wouldn't be with my children, hit in.

We have a fantastic night usually ... champage .. a tiddy bit of the other .. music .. balloons, street dancing .... and a huge cuddle with our children to celebrate the start of another year ..

I'll be playing lots of Kandi stuff though without a doubt .. and mebbe we'll have got our decks by then !

might actually do Kandi new year- open till 6 ! :p

WHATS THE MOST U LOT HAVE PAID FOR A NYE TICKET???

for me it was prob Cream's Millenium event - just under £100!!

I always tend to spend a lot of NYE but I like to make it special. The last 2 years we have been to Pacha London and paid about £120 but that included a night at the 5* Thistle hotel directly opposite Pacha, pre-party at the hotel, after-party at the hotel etc etc and cos we were with friends was well worth it.

Spent £500 to go to Ibiza for Millennium but that was flights, accomodation, 3 nights clubbing, etc included.

The most I've actually spent on a club ticket is prob around £40 for a Renaissance Ball in Nottingham in 1995/6 and the same prices for entrance to Gatecrasher in 1997/98.

Basically I'm a promoter's dream NYE customer :rolleyes: :confused: :p

Barbie said:
Gatecrasher in 1997/98.

U?!- At Crasher?! Was this some parrallel universe?! U did go in the best Year tho ;)

Go on Babs, tell the truth, were u really a cyber?! u have GOT to post a photo up in ur cyber gear if u were! :p

nish said:
WHATS THE MOST U LOT HAVE PAID FOR A NYE TICKET???

I guess about 65 Euro last NYE in Paris, Scala. That included 3 free drinks. But they don't have Smirnoff Ice or Red Bull :confused:

nish said:
U?!- At Crasher?! Was this some parrallel universe?! U did go in the best Year tho ;)

Go on Babs, tell the truth, were u really a cyber?! u have GOT to post a photo up in ur cyber gear if u were! :p

Nish do I look like I was ever a cyber :rolleyes: :confused: :p :lol: ;)

No I used to live in Nottingham so we used to go up M1 to Sheff all the time, we first went when Gatecrasher was at The Arches and then my best friend at Uni's friend was involved in setting up Gatecrasher @ Republic so we always used to venture up there.

But sorry Nish was never a cyber :p In the early days I used to think the cybers were quite amusing, it was only from 99 onwards when they started taking over the place and getting an attitude that it drove me out there. I only tend to go back there once/twice a year these days but it's still good for a laugh.

Barbie said:
No I used to live in Nottingham so we used to go up M1 to Sheff all the time, we first went when Gatecrasher was at The Arches and then my best friend at Uni's friend was involved in setting up Gatecrasher @ Republic so we always used to venture up there.

GC at the Arches used to be amazing :p - pre Cyber and all that malarky :rolleyes:

Used to love chillin' on the sofa's in the upstairs funky room :D

The good ol' days hey ;)

for 2000 I was going through a raving fad and paid £100 for helter skelter... which took almost two hours to get in and while we were queing it rained for the complete time, leaving us soaked with a night to get through... Never again am I doing a big event, unless it sunny :D

Let's be honest ... if it's a night you really want to go on .. money doesn't matter.

Back