New to ibiza

Acerace

I'm 37 but going to ibiza finally and need help.....I'm going 25th and can't wait to see van dyk in amnesia,,,, but where do I go for music like this after that,, what clubs?, also what's the dress codes, I'm not going in my track suit but would like to know, I like most music but trance my fav, a bit of funky house not to slow,, help please, and transfers from airport will I book before or just get on a bus there,

cheers for reading chaps and gals

July my friend, Newcastle and stopping San Antonio , shorts and trainers aloud, as long as smart.
Music types mainly trying to find out like pal

I'll leave the music stuff to the trance-heads they love to chat that stuff all day
Number 9 bus: 08.00 > 03.00 every 60m or a taxi just outside, around €30
S&T don't have to be smart,just make sure the shorts are proper big (like)

There's plenty of trance and funky house - clubbing calendar is filling up and all the info will be on there over the next weeks. There's Tropi bar in San Antonio also which is very trance-oriented.

Knee-length shorts (preferably not boardies) & trainers fine everywhere - except some VIP rooms in the big clubs - and Pacha on and off if you're unlucky and the door is having one of 'those days'. You can probably get into the likes of Supermartxe in skimpy tight ones too ... but probably best not unless you want to be mistaken for one of the performers :lol:.

Depending on how long you're there for:
Monday: Driftwood Boat Party - Trance & Progressive. last year they had some great guests like Aly & Fila, J00F, Menno, Jon O'Bir. Then A state of trance @ Privilege later that night.
Thursday: Cream as you've already mentioned.
Colors: Another trance night that was last year at Es Paradis. They have said it will be back, no location or night though so keep an eye out.
Tropi: Trance bar in the West End as mentioned by Kimajy. Great pre party for trance fans, quality music & the owner is legendary.

Anything I've missed IKODA will add when he pops on next :D

re; transfers , personally never found them that good value. if you are with a group of mates just chip in for a taxi , the queue moves pretty quick if it looks big

Cheers people...going from thurday till mondsy so need to cram as much in as I can...can someone let me no opening times for cream....getting to ibiza around 7ish. Is that bit late after transfers and that. And what kind of music is space....feel like a right virgin here haha

Space does all kind of music it depends on the night you go to, my lowest ebb in Ibiza was listening to sweet dreams(are made of these) on the terraza courtesy of mark knight it almost made me turn around and walk out of the door :lol: Got in on guest list though so waited in the sunset terrace till he finished his set.
If you land at 7 just hop on the bus it drops you off 30 seconds walk from the middle of san an so can walk to your hotel or if there is 4 of you jump in a cab and pay a bit extra it was just over 4e one way on bus last time I used it. I would imagine transfers run all through the day and night but some I have been quoted for in the past is 25e each and you have to wait while dropping others off so could take 90 mins to get there. You will wanna chuck your bags get to the west end for some cheap beers get a ticket for cream(pussy cat bar near west end is one place off the top of my head to buy them) and get yourself well oiled before getting the disco bus(free with your ticket for amnesia) and if you need anything else send me a pm I may be able to advise how to acquire something for you ;)
Check the calander for when tiesto plays its here http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

getting to ibiza around 7ish. Is that bit late after transfers and that.

Not at all. Masses of time as long as you remember to go clubbing and don't get so waylaid in San An you forget ! With the exception of 'day parties' like at Ushuaia, clubs don't really kick off until late (after midnight) and are open till 6-7am (or later depending on the year and how the interaction is between the councils and the club owners). Haven't been to a trance night in well over 10 years so not sure what they're like now but on the nights I go clubbing, usually find the last 2-4 hours the best. So personally rarely go before 1.30am - 2.30am. Often clubs take a fair while to get going then get super-rammed fast.

Amnesia in particular can get crowded to breaking point on popular nights between 1.30am-3am, and drinks / water are very expensive in all the big clubs. Usually not a good idea to drink water from the taps (!) so you're over a barrel without a very strong constitution. Many people these days who get there very early also leave well before the end as they've had as much as they can take by the time it fills up, especially if they've been drinking heavily before going or run out of something they need (space, drinks money, whatever else money buys etc. !). It often makes the end of the night hours the best - with a bit more space, full-on sets and a very dedicated crowd left over. Great :).

Back