New look front page for Spotlight

yeah, i was force fed mince pies just before the shoot.

:lol:

I just had a link of my mates wedding photos mailed to me. It was just before the footy season and christ am I a bloater! Shaping up little as the season goes on by
January is going to see a return to vanity of similar proportions to years gone by!:lol:

1. From a design standpoint, I would reduce the size and margin of the subcategory links in the menu on the left. Just to reduce the amount of scrolling necessary.

Agreed and actioned

2. Under the category "Clubbing" I would include a Club News link.

Was thinking about this as well today. Not yet done though.

3. Under the category "Resort Info" I would change "Ibiza" to "Ibiza Resorts" and move "Bars & Cafes", "Shops & Markets" and "Villages" up to the first subcategory level.

Have changed the name.
The problem with the 2nd suggestion is that it adds 3 more links to the sidebar and i am very keen to keep them at a minimum. the number of links on the sidebar has been reduced from over 40 to 28. it makes it much more accessible. we link often and clearly from within content to the markets, shops and bars, so imo people are still finding them. however the stats will reveal all. i would be interested to hear other feedback on this.

4. Change "Flights" to "Getting There" and make Flights and Ferries subsections (note: just looked again and I found a tiny little link at the bottom about ferries, but I think it warrants slightly more attention as was before)

Agreed and actioned

And a bonus one: I would change the design of the clubbing section to be more similar to the main page in terms of layout, but keeping the difference color scheme.

tks for feedback john - the next hierbas are on me

:lol:

I just had a link of my mates wedding photos mailed to me. It was just before the footy season and christ am I a bloater! Shaping up little as the season goes on by
January is going to see a return to vanity of similar proportions to years gone by!:lol:

for the record, the belly is actually last year's santa suit and not mince pie, pre season timber. :lol:

i quite like the podcast logo, it's like a banksy for beginners

podcast.jpg
I don't like the way "podcast" is arched slightly. It makes the platter look domed.

Back