New London club

Robder

http://www.pulse-club.info/

$hit marketing and promises to be absolutely dreadful. That 3d animation is ridiculously tacky. :lol:

BUT...

Secretsundaze et al will be all over that garden arch and it'll be great for the odd special event.

Looking forward. 8)

now that looks promisingly godawful - although could be manageable if the right people book it

wherever boy's own was held (aargh, why didn't I go :rolleyes: ) looked totally rocking

now that looks promisingly godawful - although could be manageable if the right people book it

wherever boy's own was held (aargh, why didn't I go :rolleyes: ) looked totally rocking

Also beating self up about the Boys Own bit.

Didn't get organised quick enough but Derrick Carter was a good consolation despite the Fabric plebathon.

I think it is the old SEOne. The Promotion / bookings is done by a guy called David Minns who used to do Inigo and then The White House in Clapham. Nice guy but yes not too hopefull on this one

The one by southbank is called Arcadia. Think the same guy is doing work for them. here's a press spiel:

There's a new London space set to take the underground music scene by storm this autumn, and it's called... Arcadia. Nestled away beneath the bricked, arched walls of five railway arches tucked behind the South Bank of London's river Thames. Where the space was formerly a very low key, friendly place, the re- launched Arcadia will be a more all encompassing venue with weekly events which cater to all types of people, and to all music tastes.

From the new team of promotions you can expect on rotation include so far 'Riot, Eight:FX, Lets Go Crazy, La Dolce Vita and Fusion' – all of whom are keen to take this previously unknown venue to the next level. The club launches fully on October 1st with charity night Cancer Knights... Quickly after that launch will be a press and industry launch on October 7th. Once the club gets going, you can expect house business on Thursdays, and a selection of bass badness and other genre madness on Fridays each week. The new club has both intimate rooms and more cavernous spaces to create a variety of perfect atmospheres depending on the musical direction of the evening. Along with state of the art sound and light (including all manner of lasers, intelligent lights and big screens) there will also be garden and chill out areas for smoking and chats.

Previously one of London's best kept secrets, this new space is set to come alive in the wake of these new parties – once walking about in its insides, you can't fail to fall in love with the brick lined and closely encasing walls, atmospheric tunnels and inherent sense of misadventure... The club can and will be divided up into different rave spaces depending on the party and is as easy to get to as you could wish with great transport links. With the redevelopment of the South Bank and recent closure of SEONE there has never been a better time to come and check out Arcadia, right at the heart of London club land: as the name suggest, it's a utopian vision of clubbing perfection.

Last week, I went to a venue so brilliant and so underground and so raw and so acid house that I have sworn myself to secrecy to never reveal its indentity to anyone on the internet lest the word gets out and it gets swamped by the hipster lemmings.

Last week, I went to a venue so brilliant and so underground and so raw and so acid house that I have sworn myself to secrecy to never reveal its indentity to anyone on the internet lest the word gets out and it gets swamped by the hipster lemmings.

:lol: tease.

Camberwell perhaps? Seems to be littered with tresor style concrete basements. 8)

Ah so what is that Pulse place he's going on about? 5 arches , surely se1?

and damn why did we never find the cool basements when we lived in camberwell the most underground thing i think we went to was a party after The Redstar had officially closed its doors. Theres some fairly grimey arches with parties to be found between Camberwell n Brixton

Dunno - but it kinda figures. I've never seen these gatherings advertised anywhere and the squat crowd is worlds away from your average saturday night turnout...in sometimes scary ways. :eek:

looking at your sig your having a truly epic weekend finishing with Trade's birthday! was thinking of going Fabric's birthday sunday evening will be straight back from edinburgh that weekend

was on some floor of a building up in hackney?

was on some floor of a building up in hackney?

are you referring to that building on corner of mare street, near the cat & mutton? if it's the one I'm thinking of, went to a nice bbq/party on the terrace overlooking the railway back in the spring

Back