New Job!!

jjinit

Just got confirmation today!!

Start new job in January, in London, with emap!!!

:D

Turnmills, Fabric, The End....here I come!!! 8)

Congratulations :D I used to deal with some people who worked at emap, they were all really nice (and massive caners everytime I went out with them :lol: ) what publications will you be working on??

cheers guys!!

Im actually working on an exhibition called "Interbuild" which is I suppose like the Motor Show....but for the building trade!! :lol:

jjinit said:
cheers guys!!

Im actually working on an exhibition called "Interbuild" which is I suppose like the Motor Show....but for the building trade!! :lol:

See you on a dancefloor in FLT soon then :D ;)

Congratulations.

Is everyone moving to London at the moment? So many people I know have moved down there.

I'm wondering if I should too, but the price of accomodation is ridiculous. How do you all cope?

Clara said:
I'm wondering if I should too, but the price of accomodation is ridiculous. How do you all cope?

I didn't think there were such a north/south divide now when it came to property prices or have I just made them up :confused:

It's not as bad as it used to be but put it this way: I own a three bedroom house with little gardens and a very large kitchen/diner which would now cost about 90k, my mate owns a small (but nice) 2 bedroom flat in Woodford Green which is worth 150k. So there is a difference. He used to share a flat in Islington and his share of the rent was £650 per month :eek: .

Barbie said:
Clara said:

I didn't think there were such a north/south divide now when it came to property prices or have I just made them up :confused:

Not as bad but I've got an amazing flat in probably the nicest area of Glasgow and for the same amount of money, I could probably afford a shoebox miles out of the city centre in London.

I also work only a mile from my flat which is bliss. I couldn't cope with having to travel for 2 hours to get into work.

0.gif

apart from property and drinking in the likes of the ivy & pangea!! there aint much in it really!!

Up here for £100k you will get a nice 2-3 bed victorian terrace, with absolutley no need to do anything to it, show-home condition!!

down where me & my missus will be buying, same house will be £190k!!

jjinit said:
apart from property and drinking in the likes of the ivy & pangea!! there aint much in it really!!

Up here for £100k you will get a nice 2-3 bed victorian terrace, with absolutley no need to do anything to it, show-home condition!!

I don't notice any difference in prices cept for property, we were lucky cos me and Tom both had bought property in past but it is hard for first-time buyers down here.

Where are you and the 'missus' buying Jjinit??

Barbie said:
jjinit said:

I don't notice any difference in prices cept for property, we were lucky cos me and Tom both had bought property in past but it is hard for first-time buyers down here.

Where are you and the 'missus' buying Jjinit??

In Welling which is south east, out past Blackheath, about 20 mins out of London Bridge on the train, it's a nice enough area, nice bits, chav bits!! where are you??

Back