*** new for 2013: THE USHUAϏA TOWER ***

oh icey, i find it funny that you copy from a website that has the cheek to do a lame weekly best-off with what we post here...

Obviously Defected has announced it residency on Mondays with Defected presents DFTD but what does DFTD stand for??

Obviously Defected has announced it residency on Mondays with Defected presents DFTD but what does DFTD stand for??

Is it not just a SMS style abbreviation of "Defected" like what them youth of today use as shorthand??

sasha tweeted the other day that he'd just walked through ushuaia 2 tower and was an amazing, what a place, watch this space...

sasha tweeted the other day that he'd just walked through ushuaia 2 tower and was an amazing, what a place, watch this space...

So .... he won't be back at Ushuaia but might be appearing at Ushuaia Tower, whatever that turns out to be like ? Whoopie doo. Never say never and all that but I think my Sasha days are pretty much over - unless he happens to turn up and spin a few at Sal Rossa or something.

Sasha doing FREE parties in the tower this summer :D
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78273
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78223

I gotta be honest, I didn't take much notice of this, and i'm still not sure how this will workout. I don't think it's going to be free for all, I just can't see it. I think it will be free if you dress to impress. I also think to get there you will need to arrive when it opens I.E 4pm so this would mean line ups at about 3pm just saying.... Drink prices on free parties will be higher I think.

However nothing to loose by trying. :lol:

I do feel for Bora Bora now though... Sundays & Mondays going to be quite in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
entry to the tower will be free. there will be combination of wristbands and door selection policy.

entry to the tower will be free. there will be combination of wristbands and door selection policy.

Not seen the designs, but the pool is very close to the beach so assume that people can dance on the beach as it will be a lot closer unlike the club. Assume that this concept is more about going back to the roots of the original Ushuaia - dancing on the beach etc...

Not seen the designs, but the pool is very close to the beach so assume that people can dance on the beach as it will be a lot closer unlike the club. Assume that this concept is more about going back to the roots of the original Ushuaia - dancing on the beach etc...

err no! the venue is on the rooftop of the tower guys...beach is about 30-40m below!

err no! the venue is on the rooftop of the tower guys...beach is about 30-40m below!

Oh got ya. Thought the Sasha party was round the tower pool. Are any of the "Tower" parties round the Tower pool and not on top of the tower (if that makes sense)....

Oh got ya. Thought the Sasha party was round the tower pool. Are any of the "Tower" parties round the Tower pool and not on top of the tower (if that makes sense)....

Free party bringing back that old Ibiza spirit..:rolleyes: ps. No Flip Flops

If he was really serious about doing it more like the old days he'd put on the party at Sands or similar. There, the old Ushuaia / La Plage etc. are the only sorts of venues left where it still feels right for 'free' daytime parties imho. If I'm going to party in the afternoon, if I'm honest I don't really want to be roped in round a pool with the Sea and sand on the doorstep - on top of a hotel tower would be the last place I'd pick as a choice of where to be on a sunny afternoon with the beach below.

Always kind of feel like I'm wasting good daylight when I could be where I really want to be, dance barefoot in the sand, nip off for a swim if I fancy it and come back to the party without a whole load of formalities. Wind up wanting to get p!ssed otherwise to quell the niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I should ought to be somewhere else, whoever is behind the decks, and that's not really a very good state of affairs if I think about it rationally.

Circo Loco afters @ Sands were pretty cool. Everything about it right enough - had planned on not staying but the beach location won me over. Great party stuff despite being in PDB. It's each to their own I guess, but for me day = beach or countryside and night = party / club. Add party to beach / countryside in daytime and I'm tempted to spend a couple of hours of my day there 8).

Anybody from spotlight been around there lately to see how the development is progressing? Photos would be good :)

... on top of a hotel tower would be the last place
I'd pick as a choice of where to be on a sunny afternoon with the beach below ...
c´mon - this will not be just a party "on top of a hotel tower" ...
THAT location right in the middle of pdb/figueretas-beach
with THAT view up and down the beach and to formentera and wherever
and with the planes coming in almost directly above your head ...
in a time when you can´t see the planes anymore in space and in dc10 ...
=> ****ing amazing !

but can´t imagine this party to be free for long time - why should they ?!
and wonder if they get the ok from the authorities regarding capacity
of elevators to bring the people on the top and down again etc. ...

c´mon - this will not be just a party "on top of a hotel tower" ...
THAT location right in the middle of pdb/figueretas-beach
with THAT view up and down the beach and to formentera and wherever
and with the planes coming in almost directly above your head ...
in a time when you can´t see the planes anymore in space and in dc10 ...
=> ****ing amazing !

:lol: ... nah - still not sold unfortunately. In a city maybe but for me not in Playa d'en Bossa. I'm sure plenty of people will feel differently.

Back