Neneh Cherry

hook

She's listed for a few Subliminal nights this year. What's that all about? Live PA in the Global room??? The line-up for my Subliminal night is ERICK, HARRY ROMERO, TIMO MAAS, NENEH CHERRY.
It sounds absolutely top class to me, but Neneh Cherry? Hey, I'm not knocking it and it will be great to see her, it just seems a little strange, that's all.
Anybody know what the score is, why she's there, how she got the gig, is she connected to Subliminal in any way?
I haven't heard of her for years!

good question!
i think she is totally irrelevant but she is in the global room, not quite sure what she will be doing but hey, its good to see some diversity in the main clubs!

jacque lu cont is also surprisng but again a very good dj and very diverse! which as i said before is a very good thing!

Diversity is the work of the Devil!

Our wonderful clubs have a winning formula having the same old s.h.i.t.e. on every night for 3 months year after year. let's keep it that way.

djb

Robo said:
not quite sure what she will be doing but hey, its good to see some diversity in the main clubs!

according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/urbannews/030307_nenehcherry.shtml - you can expect a fusion of jazzy disco beats, soulful rare groove, hip hop, trip hop and carnival classics. sounds interesting!!
fing22.gif

DJ Biff said:
Diversity is the work of the Devil!

Our wonderful clubs have a winning formula having the same old s.h.i.t.e. on every night for 3 months year after year. let's keep it that way

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neneh Cherry.....that's a blast from the past. Buffalo Stance......Manchild......I used to love that album.....

I seen her in the terrace at space last year so she must be quite into the whole Ibiza scene!!

naw she wasnt playing, she was just jigging about. in fact i think it might of been a few years back cos it was the year that puff daddy was up in the booth with erick morillo. whit a night!!

I am sure I read somewhere that Neneh Cherry is trying her hand at DJ'ing. And if that is the case I certainly wont be going. Why should she get a shot with no hard work put in because of who she is. But if she is singing I will just shut my face !!

Because I am sure the article said something about her starting out.

And even if she has you can be sure she hasn't ended up doing Subliminal nights because she has grafted doing school disco's and happy hardcore nights in the Huddersfield Dog & Duck !!

:D

Back