Nelson launches massive attack on Tong

I cringed when I read that Massive Attack post earlier.... clueless attention seeking especially as Massive Attack will receive PRS royalties for this, which hopefully they'll be donating entirely to charity

I kinda stopped reading yours when you championed that clown oakenfold at pikes

seriously man there's a whole world of new music out there [if you can be arsed...]

bit of ibiza goss..well kind of! a right Massive attack at Pete tong on facebook

Dear Pete Tong
Thanks for covering one of our songs on your nostalgia nightmare roadshow.
I don’t recollect you getting in touch to see if we would mind,
but for your information:
When we play that song we display photos of displaced people in refugee camps by the photographer Giles Duley on the screen to raise awareness for their plight and collect money for UNHCR.
If you do mean to carry on coining it, why don’t you divide your nightly profit by the number of songs you murder in your set, and hand the total of that one song over to UNHCR..
It would be the least you could do.
Cheers
3D

http://www.unhcr.org/news/stories/2...giles-duley-massive-attack-team-refugees.html

bit of ibiza goss..well kind of! a right Massive attack at Pete tong on facebook

Dear Pete Tong
Thanks for covering one of our songs on your nostalgia nightmare roadshow.
I don’t recollect you getting in touch to see if we would mind,
but for your information:
When we play that song we display photos of displaced people in refugee camps by the photographer Giles Duley on the screen to raise awareness for their plight and collect money for UNHCR.
If you do mean to carry on coining it, why don’t you divide your nightly profit by the number of songs you murder in your set, and hand the total of that one song over to UNHCR..
It would be the least you could do.
Cheers
3D

http://www.unhcr.org/news/stories/2...giles-duley-massive-attack-team-refugees.html

Have to be honest (and this is not a Tong rant), but I don't get all this stuff he is doing with these songs. a) I actually like classical music to chill out to, and b) I like a good Pete Tong tech-house set. However, when I listen to the classical Ibiza stuff it just leaves me feeling that I want MORE! I need the drop, more beat, I need to feel the song. Anyway..... this is OT. Sorry.

Have to be honest (and this is not a Tong rant), but I don't get all this stuff he is doing with these songs. a) I actually like classical music to chill out to, and b) I like a good Pete Tong tech-house set. However, when I listen to the classical Ibiza stuff it just leaves me feeling that I want MORE! I need the drop, more beat, I need to feel the song. Anyway..... this is OT. Sorry.

Been done to death now. I enjoyed Hacienda Classical, but only as a one off. Now theres been Colours, Pete Tong and the rest. Seen photos from Pete Tong in Glasgow and looked empty.

I don't get the whole classical thing. Dance music is meant to be exciting, cutting edge, yeah? Sadly, I know more of my friends these days would go and see one of these nostalgia sessions than take a swedger and come clubbing with me. :spank: :lol:

tong can do one. has no relevance to 2017. the cool people listen to Rinse, dublab and NTS not the BBC.

+ who in their right mind wants to hear orchestral versions of records that were already over-exposed by 1997?

seriously, f*ck off !

ps/ has he learnt to beat-match yet?
I’ll tell you who goes to hear this sort of thing, My 60 year old Mum and her 70 year old fella. I got asked if I wanted to go and I politely refused. I like dance music and I like classical music, But i don’t like classical dance. Imagine dropping a pill while watching it live now that would be f***ed up.
Don’t mind some of tongys sets as they are normally miles away from what he plays on radio 1, but I might think twice now my Mum bloody likes him.

As i said on the other thread I went to The O2 again on Friday and had a great time.

Wasnt as busy as last year (which was more enjoyable as there was more space) but last year there was only one date at O2.

Got goosebumps a few times.

I've just reread a lot of the negative comments about a night that most people didn't go to.
The crowd was hugely diverse. Yes plenty of old clubbers who reminisce about the old days but also younger ones (ie mid 30s like me :lol:).
My lot and myself would probably prefer going to a Hydra night at Printworks like we did a few weeks ago but still appreciate and enjoy ourselves dancing to some classics.

The music and bass was actually much louder than youd think for the o2 and the atmosphere was better than many nights ive been to this year.

I appreciate its a concept thats probably been overused now but its obviously doing something right if you read everyones reaction to it on social media etc..

Give it a try you might even enjoy it ;)

A music journo mate I know tried to interview Tong once and said it was the hardest one he ever did. The man gives nothing away. He's pure PR spiel, totally soulless, 100% cold businessman, always looking for a way to make money. He will only champion music that will make him a dime. So what happened here is that one of Tong's interns tipped him off that the detroit guys were experimenting with classical (for years as it happened, not that some of you noticed) and dollar signs appeared in his eyes - let's do this too!! lets repackage some very ancient and tired dance records as a posh gig and rinse everyone dry. Everyone on the underground will tell you he was late to hiphop, late to acid jazz, late to acid house, late to techno, late to Ibiza. Late to everything, except appointments with his accountant. But very, very good at commodifying things for a mass audience. Now as he enters old age, he needs to find ways to keep in touch without being that embarrassing uncle, so bingo, "let's do full concerts, using tracks I neither made nor asked permission for". But who cares right? Certainly, not his acolytes.

Back