Need some reassurance

Yes, they are known, but depending on who you speak to they are either great or to be avoided. If this is work-related, then I would advise caution unless you are the best salesperson in the world and happy to slum it until you "prove yourself"

Thank you for responding,
My 20 yr old son has arranged to go next week for 2 months,
As a sales person, he paid €300 already,
Has no contract or details of accommodation.
Little experience,
He has found some shocking posts & reviews.
Thanks for your time on this.
Marie

Unfortunately he might have to put this down to experience never to part with money upfront. Any employer asking for an upfront fee is likely to be acting in bad faith. Then again, maybe he will go and have the time of his life? Certainly I know people who have. As for the €300, best to consider that gone I'm afraid to say

He met some of ‘the managers’ & team last year, Not in a work capacity just during a fun holiday.
They seemed like a good bunch of guys.
Reviews show people (who were apparently employees) having their belongings thrown out in the street.

I've heard various things. Mainly the expectation to achieve a high volume of sales in a very competitive market (also competing against your colleagues) whilst sharing a room and bathroom facilities with numerous other people in the same situation.

Some people do really well out of it, earn good commission and are rewarded for their hard work. But that is the slim minority

Thank you so much for your input,
It’s his choice & decision.
Just trying to help him make a good decision.
I don’t know if there would be a safety aspect if sharing with a group of strangers,
A language barrier, so not knowing if everyone there for the same reason.
We don’t know how you would keep your personal belongings & valuables safe.
As there was no mention of ID or passports being checked prior or during process.

what passport does he have? anything other than an eu passport and he needs a work permit/visa to have paid employment.

Dunno how many of you caught this article; worth reading and if you have experience, how true is it?

Must emphasise if you are from the UK and are working without a visa (probably cash-in-hand) it is (a) illegal and (b) could end you up being barred from entry into Europe for some time. You can thank Uncle Brexit for that.

Observer investigation finds many tempted by seasonal roles in sun-soaked holiday spots end up working illegally and living in squalor

Back