Need help

S

Spacetime

I am going on a 4 day trip to london on the 19 dec
What do you recommend to visit night & day
plz cause me and my girlfriend have no clue

thx

if ur looking for a club to go to then the cross has a night on on the 20th called serious which is brilliant or pacha has there xmas party on on the 20th also. during the day im not sure what to see tho as dont live there,maybe covent gardens or somthing?

Spacetime said:
I am going on a 4 day trip to london on the 19 dec
What do you recommend to visit night & day
plz cause me and my girlfriend have no clue

thx

There's loads of good stuff on clubbing-wise that wkend.

Friday you have got The Gallery's Christmas Party @ Turnmills.

Saturday night there is Underwater @ The End (with Dazza Emerson and Jon Carter) or Roger Sanchez doing a marathon session @ Turnmills.

Re things to do in the day, the shops are going to be a mare cos it's week before Christmas so I would avoid the busy 'touristy' areas like Oxford Street.

You could go to places like Portabello Market or Camden Market. There is a fab pub in Camden called Lock Tavern (owned my Jon Carter ;) ) they do a brilliant chill-out sesh on Sunday day plus you get the best Sunday roast in London.

If you want to try out any fancy restaurants a really good website is www.toptable.co.uk, you can book online there plus they give reviews of all the restaurants.

Let me know more what kind of things you are into and I'll let you know best places to go.

well roger sanchez sounds very good and
the christmas party at pacha too
Is it hard to get into any of these clubs ? and how expensiv are they ?
does the subway go all night ?

and we have to do some sight seeing. What do you recommend ?

Can i find good christmas presents in soho or do i have to go somewere else ?

Thank you for your help kitty & barbie :D

were are you going barbie ?
turnmills looks great
should i online preorder tickets ?

Spacetime said:
well roger sanchez sounds very good and
the christmas party at pacha too
Is it hard to get into any of these clubs ? and how expensiv are they ?
does the subway go all night ?

and we have to do some sight seeing. What do you recommend ?

Can i find good christmas presents in soho or do i have to go somewere else ?

Thank you for your help kitty & barbie :D

You can book tickets in advance for most clubs on their websites, I would recommend buying tickets in advance cos everywhere's going to be busy this wkend. Club prices range between £12-£20.

The tube stops running about 1am but will start running again about 6/7am and clubs don't finish til 6/7/8am. Where abouts are you staying??

I'm not big on sightseeing in London but Iknow a lot of people like to do the London Eye, there's loads of galleries (the Tate Modern is a popular one) and museums if you want to do that kind of thing (but I'm not an expert on those :p )

Re shopping for Christmas presents, the main department stores are Selfridges on Oxford Street, and Harvey Nichols and Harrods in Knightsbridge. All the usual high street shops are on Oxford Street, Covent Garden has some high street shops but more one-off type shops, plus there are some nice bars and restaurants in Covent Garden. Soho is mainly full of sex shops ;)

Spacetime said:
were are you going barbie ?
turnmills looks great
should i online preorder tickets ?

Well at the moment I don't know if I will be going anywhere as I have got cracked ribs and bruising from an accident on Thursday night :cry: but if I do get mended I will be at The End for Underwater Christmas Party with Dazza Emerson and Jon Carter. Turnmills will be fab, the only is it will be rammed but Roger S says he is going to play for as long as they keep the club open, one time this year he played til 10am Sunday morning :eek: :D

I would definitely pre-order tickets for wherever you go.

If you go to Turnmills there are some nice pre-clubs bars in Farringdon, just a couple of mins from the club.

Thats sad with your accident :confused:

We are staying at the best western inn i think in paddigton.
Thats pretty central or ?

Thanks for all the information you are very helpfull :D

if you go to underwater have a goood time

Spacetime said:
Thats sad with your accident :confused:

We are staying at the best western inn i think in paddigton.
Thats pretty central or ?

Thanks for all the information you are very helpfull :D

if you go to underwater have a goood time

Paddington is pretty central plus you're on loads of tube lines at the station so you can get everywhere easy.

If you need to know anything else either PM me or reply to this post, I'm signed off work for at least a week :cry: but I keep dragging my broken body over to computer and I can manage to type for about 15 mins before I need to lie down again.

Hope you and your g/friend have a fab few days in London Town :D

Back