Need help: Last tune @ bora bora every nite in sept.

Y

yomartin

Does anyone know the very last tune that they played in Bora bora in Sept. '02 almost every nite? I also heard it in El Divino. The crowd was always going crazy. Problem: At that time, it was a white label and neither the bora-bora djs nor El Divino DJ could tell me what it was.

Last week I heard exact that tune in a quite commercial club in germany, obviously it has been released now. No vocals, house style, with a typical synth-sound melody, kinda like Van Halen's "Jump".

Anybody have a clue? Greetinx to the balearic people!

Here we Go...

As previously mentioned try

Mighty Dub Katz - Let the Drums Speak (also called "Manana")

My money would be on

Deux - Deux (quite, erm, depressing? sounding, but f***ing ace, and a fave at Bora Bora and with some peeps, inc me, on here)

try also

Chamonix - 77 Strings

Cosmos - Take Me With You

Talk Talk Vs Liquid People - Its My Life 2003 (BTW Another great tune)

Come back if still no joy.

I would go for Deux or Cosmos, but I know for a fact that Deux was released in May 2002, and there was some copies of Cosmos around on white label before it was released.

I'd put my money on it being Cosmos - Take Me With You (Polydor Records) ;)

Last tune at Bora Bora

It was def Deux - Deux (1-Off Recordings).

I was there all Sept and know the guys down at Bora Bora - it always blew the 'roof' off!

Anyway nearly only 1 month to go until Space opening - cannot wait!

Re: Last tune at Bora Bora

Jimbob said:
It was def Deux - Deux (1-Off Recordings).

I was there all Sept and know the guys down at Bora Bora - it always blew the 'roof' off!

I heard it in September too, and didn't have a clue what it was called. I ended up getting it 6 monthes later after trailing through a few hundred MP3's off the net. Milk & Sugar is one of my favoured labels as well and didn't even think about checking their site. :)

Man, "Deux" was Ibiza for me last year - It was the last tune I heard before I had to leave to come back to blighty and it summed up how I was feeling perfectly - funky, pumping bassline that brought a grin to my face, but also a kinda melancholy string hook over the top that brought home the fact I was leaving my favourite place on the planet...

Re: Last tune at Bora Bora

Jimbob said:
Anyway nearly only 1 month to go until Space opening - cannot wait!

Where did you get your flight?? seem quite £££ for then!

Back