Nadal smiling? Have a look

Moha, I might be lost in translation, why that title "Nadal smiling"?
Because he never smiles or because of the proposal?

undoubtedy very talented but he has always come across like a bit of a rich kid.

his uncle, Miguel Angel, on the other hand, was sound 8)

undoubtedy very talented but he has always come across like a bit of a rich kid.

i don't agree.

maybe he had the good fortune to have a comfortable upbringing, but he has created who he is himself. in sport (that you physically do yourself - i.e. not equistrian or F1) there is no other way to do it, you can't cheat, you can't get max clifford to help you win, you do it yourself.

he is epitome of what a sportsman should be. hard work, guts, glory, no fear and skill.

also, there is practically nothing rafa does that isn't tennis related. he's never seen in clubs or turning his nose up at people. sure he's not a barrel of laughs on court, but he's a sporting great and many comparative greats were the same.

having said all that, can't feckin believe he supports them!! :lol:

What? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not sure what's his image abroad, but in Spain he is loved by everyone, he is cute, polite, respectfull with fans and media, never has a word out of order, he is discreet and of course really talented.

Absolutly brilliant kid in all senses and probably one of the only "issues" that all the spanish agree: we love him to bits ;)

I suppose I find him too clean cut, too smooth, too programmed for success - I prefer my sports heroes to be anguished, complex souls. He just doesn't make for a riveting story - in fact no tennis player has since Ivanisevic, who used to give me the impression he was actually quite psychotic

Back