My Review.

Robo

First of all, the points that i may make are based on my opinons. Therefore i am not expecting people to agree, or disagree. Just don't start slagging off my opinon. :)

I arrived on the island with some caurisoity this year. what were the clubs going to be like?, what about the numbers?, prices?,etc...... and as i guessed, not much had changed from the previous years.

i have got niggles and i have got some very good highs. i would like to bring to your attention both aspects. :rolleyes:

Niggles :evil:

Overcrowding - Now i know that by going at the end of july right through til mid of august, the clubs are going to be packed, as this is the busiest time of year! but as numbers are sopposed to be down i thought i would not have this problem! How wrong was i!! In all four cases Cream, subliminal, Pure Pacha, and Nighttime for sundays at space the overcrowding was immense! There was no room to dance! you could not even raise your arms properly!. And when in some cases you pay 45 euros to get in, you expect a little bit of room. :twisted:

Overpricing - I couldn't believe that this year Amnesia put the door price upto 55 euros and they put the water price upto 8 euros!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: , pacha was 45 pre sale tickets(sometimes with drink, sometimes without drink) or 60 euros on the door! I don't mind being buggered by these clubs for entry but when your being buggered for drink prices aswell....... :evil: :evil:

Lack of effort made by clubs - once again for 60 euros you expect a high quality decoration! cream have not changed there deco for years now, space just had some pikey inflatbles with shaped as the welove writing. :evil: the effort is just not there! bring back the days when there where quality entertainment, and good deco.

Taxi Fares - I was also being buggered by the taxi fares! since this new meter system has come in its been more expensive! sometimes i paid 5 euros even before i got in the cab.

Authorities clamp down - mainly on the space terrace, the sound levels were down, the terrace is not a terrace anymore just a room, but with netting instead of walls. Why don't they make themselves useful and clamp down on overpricing and overcrowding, instead of spoiling something good!

Little choice - Outside of pacha, space, and el-divino, there was very little choice. There where no other good house nights on that were worth going to where you could expect a busy club, with a good crowd.

Well thats the worst of it i'm afraid.

Highs :p :lol:

Space and Pacha - These two clubs had undoubtable the best nights with the best djs, in the best surroundings!

Beaches - The beaches were wikid this year!, every beach i went to there was room, it was relaxing, mixed people and most people were really friendly and helpful.

Bars - The bars were in this year big time! why? well there free! all of the bars took off! bora bora was amazing! so was mambo, and the bars in ibiza town! just goes to show that its not just me getting peeved off at the entry prices! :p :p

Restaurants - these were lovely! Can Gall, Es Caliu, Curry Club, the list is endless! and the food was beuatiful!

Local Spanish bars - This is where its at! cheap food, cheap booze, very authintic! just walk into anyone, the locals won't bite :p but don't get upset when the barman doesn't understand your language.

Best Nights

Having said all of this and having to put up with overcrowding and overpricing there were some really good nights!

f*** me I'm Famous

guetta,
cassius

are the two that really stuck out!
even if cassiu's mixing was shambolic, they played some good tunes! and guetta! wow! he is the french man of the moment! great house music!

Sundays at Space

Got there at 2ish to see David Moreno go b2b with another space resident! they warmed the place up noicely for us! then i don't what his name was but another resident came on, and blew the terrace away he played a billie jean track which sent shivers down my spine, he played that at the end of his set as well!! the place errupted both times!!
Smoking jo was next only caught the last hour of her set, cos we went to get bora bora, and got some food!, but the last hour was wickid really up for it tunes, even if they were a little old or overplayed, the terrace went off!
Then sore the brill Rustywoo! had a little chat with him, said he had a wickid time at hed kandi the night before. Gave him directions to Bar lovento. Did you ever get there russ??
Stevie boy Lawler raised the notch on the terrace to bracking point untill 12.....

Tiesto@Amnesia

Played one of the best trance sets i've seen him play! really good!. uplifting energetic trance! the banging tech trance/techno stuff! however really rough and crowd who obviously were not there for the music. Highlight was tiesto dropping suburban train!

These are just some of the best nights that stood out in my mind!.

sorry its so long and seems as though i'm having a good old moan! but i had a fantastic time and looking forward to next year!!!! and sept14th with babs and everyone else.

Take care
Rob

Great review and says everything i would have said but couldn't be bothered to when i came back last Friday!!!

But,

Robo said:
Overpricing - I couldn't believe that this year Amnesia put the door price upto 55 euros

surely NOBODY pays on the door... EVER???

60 Euros at Pacha is a JOKE.

How many days did you stay on the island Robo?

Did you do La Troya @ Amnesia?

that's a good choice for house beats.

Thanks for the review Robo - welcome back.
I hope things have quietened down a tad when I get there

Robo said:
*beep* me I'm Famous

cassius

even if cassiu's mixing was shambolic, they played some good tunes! and guetta! wow! he is the french man of the moment! great house music!

You godda be joking, they killed the Space terrace like I've never seen it been killed before :evil:

Think i counted 1 quality tune and 2/3 passable tunes in 3 hours.

DrewUK said:
You godda be joking, they killed the Space terrace like I've never seen it been killed before :evil:

maybe, but i didn't see them at space.

Robo said:
DrewUK said:

maybe, but i didn't see them at space.

Terrible, i can tell ya :x

great review mister. good to have you back. Totally agree with you on the prices, seems like you just get ripped off left, right, and behind!! but like Muller, pain comes with the pleasure. ;)

Robo - just wandering - where did you stay or did you get put up by our friendly mods, Stephen and James?

4 weeks! G-sus.

*S-express shakes head in disbelief and wanders if he could punish his body for this long!!*

S Express said:
Robo - just wandering - where did you stay or did you get put up by our friendly mods, Stephen and James?

4 weeks! G-sus.

my parents have an apartment out there.

which is very handy!

:p

Red said:
Great review and says everything i would have said but couldn't be bothered to when i came back last Friday!!!

But,

Robo said:
Overpricing - I couldn't believe that this year Amnesia put the door price upto 55 euros

surely NOBODY pays on the door... EVER???

60 Euros at Pacha is a JOKE.

When your flight lands at midnight and you're trying to make Tiesto's set, then unfortunately sometimes your only choice is to pay at the door!! :evil:

nice review rob, the niggles are spot on but its things we put up with eh, over crowdingmakes me mad, is soo freaking dangerous!!

anyways heres to september mate!! :D

I didn't get to witness many of the downsides that you talk about Rob but we were there in June and they have definitely put prices up since then, also there were less people on island then.

A lot of club owners/promoters are blatantly taking the pi$$ tho :twisted:

Anyway here's to having a blinder in September :D

Still have half of mine saved on the Pc cause it is taking so long to type it should be up soon quality review and i agree with most of the rants robo...

Back