My review

ED CASE

Saturday 19th July
Arrive in Ibiza Airport, Extremely drunk getting off the plane, which lead to a calamity that would last the whole holiday. Coming through immigration flashed my passport and carefully in my drunken state placed in a secret compartment in a new waist bag I had bought and promptly forgot about it. Picked up bags and got bus to apartments in figuerttes. The Llevant Apartments in Figuerttes were situated directly across the road from Es Vive. Arrived about 5:00a.m, kinda too late to go out so ended up going for a drink to unwind in some sleazy Spanish bar down the road from us, whose name escapes me. Ended up retiring to bed around 10:00a.m. Rose about 16:00a.m for a few hours of Sunshine before hitting a few local bars for the evening, which ended up in what could only be described as a quite disgusting Chinese restaurant somewhere in Figureettes. Still can’t complain for €10.00. Away to bed soon after.

Sunday 21st July
Up around 12ish for a day of sun lounging, drinking steadily all day, something to eat and out around 12:00a.m. Up to Playa den bossa, a few drinks before heading into Space around 2:00am for my favourite Dj. Jeff Mills on the decks, banging it out. My best night of the holiday, objectively speaking it might have been the party “accessories” but what the hell I had a ball. Seen him 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years and he is still relying a classics like, steps to enchantment, the bells, jaguar etc etc The lights inside Space this year are excellent and really add to the night. Left about 6:30a.m. Spent around € 35 on water.

Monday 22nd July
Was really wasted after Space, so spent a few hours chilling in my apartment. Went sun lounging around 12ish, (very important to catch the rays when you come from a country which rains 300 beeping days a year!!) A combination of Smirnoff ice and intense put paid to any plans of DC10. Well there was always next week! Got cleaned up and hit the Port in Ibiza town around 1:00a.m for a few drinks before heading to Manumission around 4:00a.m. Now this isn’t really my scene its just you have to keep everybody happy on the holiday, but I was pleasantly surprised this year. It was really packed and after a quick walk around with Mrs Ed Case we had the incredible good fortune of meeting the rest of our group. Danced the night away until closing time. Music was O.K except for that ridiculous show at 6:00a.m which done my head in. The two back rooms were really excellent, Smokin Joe especially. Left around at whatever time it was over and home to bed.

more to follow, trying to piece it all together!!

do you realise ed that you are the first person ever to admit being the owner of a 'waist bag' on this site. you're very brave - congratulations

stephen said:
do you realise ed that you are the first person ever to admit being the owner of a 'waist bag' on this site. you're very brave - congratulations

did u know that in america there called fanny packs.

NITEFLY said:
stephen said:

did u know that in america there called fanny packs.
They are called Bum bags with me :eek:

Tuesday 22nd July
After Manumisson went back to apartments to "sleep", this consisted of lying in bed for 1 hour, staring at the ceiling and sweating profusely before saying bleep this, lets make use of our passes for carry on. Headed for Manumission carry on with my brother stoping for a few refreshments along the way. Arrived about 9:00am. Heard a lot about this in my previous visits and was looking forward to it. Well what can you say?? Mental!! Everybody in there was completly up for it, and to make it even better who did I spot on the decks? none other than Mr C himself. There's a really good intense buzz in the carry on , full of freeky people, some of the "carry on" was indeed crazy. I'd just like to say though they were some really ignorant people in there, pushing and shoving people out of their way as they went about, Left at around 12:30pm as were were seriously flagging..

Back