my review (written sat night)

MichelangeloNYC

IM not going to write a novel of my Ibiza trip so I will list & summarize what I did & if anyone wants more info on a particular just ask.

-Got to Ibiza Saturday afternoon.
-Stayed @ Hotel Victoria in Telemanca(nice but far from the action..especially for Sept.)
-Rented a scooter for the week & took a ride through Ibiza town.
-Went back to the room got ready for dinner (Mao Room/China White) Dinner was amazing and on the arm courtesy of BRING IT ON! Tours.
-That Saturday night was AMAZING. We hit up Privilege for Balearic People which I feel is the LAST true IBIZA party. I forget who opened but I caught Caeser Di ?? & Pippi in the main room and they were excellent. I smelled something in the air and sure enough stumbled into the COCO LOCO room. Immediately I knew I walked into something special. I dont recall who was the opening DJ but he was incredible. Smooth Iberican/Balaeric inspired house which was played @ a BPM I could actually ENJOY. (see review of tiesto party for why Im stressing the BPM) This party just kept getting better & better. Then Sabastian Gamboa came on and took us for a ride & a half. So smooth yet deep @ the same time. A live saxaphonist from Cuba came on during the set & was playing the keys to E-Samba(which was this years biggest track along w/ Shake It) When I tell you people had tears in their eyes including myself. Unfortunately the new major in Ibiza passed a law that privilage must be closed by 7am. So this party ended on a such a high note that it would have went passed twelve (and did in past years)
-We then went back to the room showered/changed & hit SPACE. Space is deff. my fav. club in Ibiza. The ambience, energy, people,...the SYSTEM (damn I love that low end)
It was now Sunday which is Space's best party (We Love Sundays) & slowly people were arriving but we were exhausted @ this point & headed back to the room.
We awoke around 7pm & frantically got ready, headed back to Space. Groove Armada was on the terrazzaaaa & the place was packed. One thing I noticed in Ibiza is that you will NOT find a walking lane. Im used to NY clubs always having a stream of people walking around etc. NOT in Ibiza. You get in, you find your spot, & you DANCE. At 10pm Lawler comes on & the place went NUTS. I heard Lawler in Miami few months back & was not really loving him but he changed my opionion on the Terrazza. Lawler ended @ Midnight (noise laws) & we went inside to hear James Zabiela who was FANTASTIC. Kept the energy level high as can be w/ out walking the CHEESE tightrope. I had never heard him but was very very impressed. Then Laurent Garnier came on who I was very excited on hearing but I guess my hopes were higher than they should have been (or maybe it just wasnt my taste) He was playing great tech-house but a bit fast for my taste so we left around 4am.
- I slept all of Monday day missing a great party at DC-10 (still haven't seen the beach @ this point) & we went to eat @ Bumbuddhas Groove w/ our new friend Gary (thanks for showing us the Veteran's run of Ibiza) This place was in the middle of nowhere and the setting was of marroccan decorations, pillows and beds to lie on, whilst drinking cocktails from the bar in the garden. Then you get your table where it has more oriental style to it, with buddha statues, cool waiters and soft music - usually chillbeats and housey loungestyle.... The menu is great! They have asian/oriental cooking, praws, lobsters, soups, chicken ect. and the wine isnt expensive..the place is just amazing!

I know I said I was going to keep this short (& this is where it starts)

-We then go to Pacha for Release Yourself w/ Roger Sanchez & although it was nice to see Roger & his crowd going nuts I just could not get into it. We spent the rest of the night in the Funky Room bustin a move to the soul hits of the past.
-Tuesday arrives & I'm determined to get to the beach. Our Ibiza savior Gary told us about Sa Trinxcha in Las Salinas past the salt fields. This beach was deff. not one you stumble on unless you know the deal in Ibiza & the crowd was much more mature and deff. not Ibiza amatures.
-Tuesday night was Carl Cox @ Space & man did he deliever what he does best... the nasty ass Techno. The place was loving him & I wished we caught him on the Terrace cause I'm sure that was on fuego aswell.
- Wed we chilled @ Bora-Bora & I cant give you much of a review since I was passed out under an umbrella most of the day. Wed. Night we didnt make it out & slept another 14 hours.
-Thursday day we did some shopping in Ibiza Town, beached in Telemanca & ate somewhere which was really nice yet I forgot the name.
-Thurs. night we went to Amensia for Tiesto. I didnt have a good feeling about this from the get go & will remember to use my instinct (and Euro's) better NEXT year. We walk in to Tiesto playing Lex. Ave's Loose Myself which I LOVE but then realized I couldnt even dance to it cause of the + 4 It was being played at. We lasted 20mins. Walked down the road to a FREE party ...yes FREE party in Ibiza @ The Underground. To our surprise Terry Francis was throwing down a set ..& yes he threw it down. Ran into Luis Diaz who I met @ the Battery Park Festival ..he was dancing away debating if he should jump on his flight in 4 hours or stay another few days. Wonder what he did?
-Friday we went on a boat cruise which was put together by Bring It On Tours. It was the PERFECT way to end this trip. It started out in San Antonio & we went to the Infamous Atlantis. Docked, lunch, jumped off a 50ft. cliff & hurt my ass. We got back just in time to hit up Cafe del Mar then Mambo(Pete Tong's Radio 1 show was on location live) for the sunset. Everyone sitting on the rocks waiting for it & once it set everyone started cheering & clapping. (thats what its all about)
Its Saturday night & I'm back home now ..and wishing I was dancing away @ Baeleric Peopl

Walked down the road to a FREE party ...yes FREE party in Ibiza @ The Underground. To our surprise Terry Francis was throwing down a set

damn it, i knew there was something i forgot. i wanted to go to underground. totally escaped my mind. maybe next year.

great review...

I went through BIO! too. Gary is a trip, man! He will hook you up, though. We all went to pretty much the same nights. I assume you met Chris and Christian for Balearic People. I hadn't even considered this party, but man that thing rocked! You should've hit DC-10. That party is out of control!! I liked BIO and the prices were right in line with doing it yourself..... :lol:

MichelangeloNYC said:
Then Sabastian Gamboa came on and took us for a ride & a half. So smooth yet deep @ the same time. A live saxaphonist from Cuba came on during the set & was playing the keys to E-Samba(which was this years biggest track along w/ Shake It) When I tell you people had tears in their eyes including myself

here is sebastián with his girlfriend rossi (left) and another two beauties:

aad.sized.jpg

MichelangeloNYC said:
Then Sabastian Gamboa came on and took us for a ride & a half. So smooth yet deep @ the
same time. A live saxaphonist from Cuba came on during the set & was playing the keys to
E-Samba(which was this years biggest track along w/ Shake It) When I tell you people had
tears in their eyes including myself

look what i found:

1034482.jpg

Back