My review of Ibiza 8/6/03 - 8/11/03

prplhz

Wednesday August 6-Arrived via the Barcelona to Ibiza ferry around 7am Wedensday morning. My boyfriend Mike and I hadn't really hadn't planned on going out this night, just to take it easy and catch a sunset to start our vacation so that is exactly what we did. But before then lots of laying around the pool, swimming and shopping. The sunset was beautiful, the beers tasted great, and the vibe was just what I had remembered from the year before. Was able to chill on the wall next to Cafe Del Mar, and join the masses on the beach for a sunset smoke with what I now know was nish and his mate, how funny! Later that night we decided to hit up the Secret Garden exotic dance club in San An, not my idea but I had promised my BF that I would go and I always keep to my promises. Nice place and pretty girls, but wicked expensive, URGH!

Thursday August 7-Went Cala Llonga beach at the suggestion of Robo, as he says it's his favorite beach to chill. Since we were staying right around the corner in Santa Eularlia, we figured we would give it a try. It's a beautiful beach set in a bay, very nice, clean, cheap chairs and a quite place to chill. After the beach we went down to the town center in Santa Eu for a little shopping and food. Nice little town easy to get to and friendly, although if you don't speak anyd Espana, you might be in trouble. After showering we decided to hit up Bora Bora for a couple drinks and some DJ Gee, boy oh boy can this guy rip it up, I love him! I love this place because where in the world can you dance around to unbelievable music half naked? The dancing and vibe on Bora Bora was incredible just what the doctor ordered for a pre-dancing party before our night out. This night was Cream @ Amnesia for us as we love PvD and wouldn't miss him for the world. Got to Amnesia when the doors opened, place filled up quickly was filled to the gills by 2am.... The place was absolutly rammed, but still enjoyed the sets by all DJ's. I have a question, why did Amnesia put the tarp type thing over the bar to the right in the main room? It was absolutly unbearable to walk under that thing and not pass out during peak time. IT DOESN'T LET ANY AIR IN! Otherwise the set by Oakenfold was great, haven't had the chance to check him out prior as I swear I had been cursed not to see him.... hehe Tiesto ripped it up but I wasn't able to really get into the music as it was so rammed I couldn't even throw one shape. After Tiesto's set PvD came on and people started leaving, the place cleared out and I was able to dance just fine by about 3 songs into his set. PvD played an amazing remix of a U2 song, absolutly loved it as well as I never f*** and his current favorite Nothing But You. Not much of a transpotter if I was I would be able to name lots more songs as I knew almost all of them. Overall great night, but Amnesia/Cream please realize that you are cramming this place too much and it is not enjoyable to your patrons. Also, met a poster from this board, can't remember his screen name but he was a blonde formally from NYC, now living in Germany. Was nice talking with him hope he PM's me!

Friday August 8 - Woke really late this day, had planned on hitting the beach but since we didn't go to bed until around 9am we ended up sleeping until 4, absolutly unheard of for me, but I must have been tired. So no beach for us this day just the hotel pool and some swimming. Decided not to go out this night again as we wanted to save our money if there really wasn't something we felt we had to do. Again went to the sunset bars, ate at Savanah, great food and service and the sunset was unreal! The best one that I have ever seen in Ibiza, almost brought a tear to my eye(oh how cheesy). After the sunset we went over to Bar M for a few drinks and some music, the Radio 1 event was going on so we listened from the beach for a bit. Was a little tired for some reason this night so went home and was in bed by 3am, a little wimpy if you ask me :rolleyes:

Saturday August 9 - Woke early and went to Salinas beach, couldn't find a chair and unbrella close to the Jockey Club so went down the beach to where the nudists hang. Found two chairs there and chilled for the rest of the day. I think this was the most relaxing day, we just laid by the beach listening to the sounds of the water for hours. I think this is what everyday of my life should be like then I wouldn't be so stressed all of the time :x Tonight went to the Defmix Party at Pacha to check out my man Howell's, and his cohort Satoshi Tomeii. Wow what a night, Pacha is just as beautiful as I remembered and the people that go there are equally as beautiful to look at, just couldn't help myself from staring, but in a good way... lol Was a little disappointed to find out that Howell's would only be spinning for 2 hours as his sets don't get good unless he is spinning for 3 hours or more and I was right, wasn't really all that impressed with things, but he's still my man! But Satoshi really impressed me, I was dancing my arse off until the 7:30 in the morning. There was also this guy DJ'ing in the global room who I was really impressed with, good mix of music and nice funky beats, didn't get his name.

Sunday August 10 - My last full day on the island and boy did we make the best of it. Got up a little late again and laid by the pool for a little bit. Got our stuff ready before heading to "We Love" as we planned on going right from Space to home to shower and to the airport. Arrived at Space at 4, partied for a while and headed ovr to Bora Bora again for another session of DJ Gee and some food. Again place was slamming and music was amazing, Gee is a super nice guy and a bit of ham if you ask me. Played an amaing song, one of my favorites but again I don't know the name, just know it says "somewhere in Paris dun, dun, dun".... I practically jumped out of my seat spilling all of my food when I heard that song... Partied on the beach dancing and smoking some of Amsterdam's finest, trying to enjoy our last night in Ibiza. While going back into Space was able to see in a distance the sunset on this night, again quite breathtaking took lots of picks... Got back into Space after quite a long que, arrived to see Steve Lawler working his magic on the Terraza, he knows how to work it and he sure was on this night! Had an AWESOME time in Space this day the music was so tight, danced my arse off all night long. Mike and I managed to meet a really cool couple just on their first night ever in Ibiza, managed to hang with them all night long and lots of hugs, kisses and pics at the end of the night, vowed to keep in touch with them. Was almost considering missing our flight on purpose but since it takes so much to get back to the states we decided against :( (I still wish that we did).

Overall I had a great time in Ibiza, it was a perfect end to a perfect 2 week vacation with my wonderful boyfriend. I couldn't have done it without him and without his company I wouldn't have had the time of my life. I hope that I can get back to Ibiza again, maybe next year, the money is rough to handle but while flying home and ever since being home I can't stop thinking about the White Isle and all it's beauty, does anyone else have this problem? We will see!

Cheers!

My god I thought you were there for 5 months then looking at the dates :eek:

Then I realised you are using the non-british date format.

Sorry, ignore me :oops:

prplhz said:
Got back into Space after quite a long que, arrived to see Steve Lawler working his magic on the Terraza, he knows how to work it and he sure was on this night!

Steve on the Terrace was my favorite party -- quality -- hands down!!

DrewUK said:
My god I thought you were there for 5 months then looking at the dates :eek:

Then I realised you are using the non-british date format.

Sorry, ignore me :oops:

Sorry I should have realized that my date formatting would be a little confusing to some :oops: Us Americans we do everything backwards anyways.... lol

prplhz said:
Saturday August 9 - There was also this guy DJ'ing in the global room who I was really impressed with, good mix of music and nice funky beats, didn't get his name.
Cheers!

Elias and Juanma were spinning in the Globalroom this night ;)

Yes i do have the same problem as you!
this holiday was supposed to get it all out of my system so that i could finally grow up and be normal!
Well it didnt work at all.. in fact it has put that disco bug well and truely back into my system....
i will be going back as soon as i have repaired some of the damage i did to my credit cards
thats all .... gotta get back to work then
:cry:

Mate! Could have sorted u out for Cream as well!! Ah well, maybe next year? Keep smokin that blue! ;) :lol:

prplhz said:
After showering we decided to hit up Bora Bora for a couple drinks and some DJ Gee,
boy oh boy can this guy rip it up, I love him! I love this place because where in the world
can you dance around to unbelievable music half naked?
yeah!! :p

d_1066933988.jpg

McRackin said:
prplhz said:
After showering we decided to hit up Bora Bora for a couple drinks and some DJ Gee,
boy oh boy can this guy rip it up, I love him! I love this place because where in the world
can you dance around to unbelievable music half naked?
yeah!! :p

d_1066933988.jpg

Mc, you should have been there when 2 french ladeeeez came and laid right next to me and totally cloth'd off :eek:

Yes, right there on Bora Bora :eek:

Bald as a coot too ;)

McCrackin - Do you know the girls in this pic? They look a lot like my friends who worked in Ibiza all summer and were always down Bora....

I was gonna ask for a pic with them girls with ice cream dripping off them Mackie! Now That would be V cool! ;) :lol:

McRackin said:
did you take any picture? :lol:

That would have been a VERY bad idea, seeing as my girlfriend was laid right on the other side of me watching my every eye movement :confused:

Funny thing is, it was HER that woke me up to point 'em out :rolleyes:

i think the girl in the red bikini and short blonde hair is my mate, the stripper one i mentioned before.

Back