my review from 27th of march till 1st of april 2003...

vienna

I really must say, that I like ibiza more and more in the off season...just arrived yesterday, after having a wonderful (long) weekend on ibiza...

27th arrived from barcelona in the evening, went to enricos (port es torrent) for dinner...perfecto!

28th: cleaned my apartment only a littlebit ;-), bought some things, then spent the rest of the day in talamanca, specially at the bar at the beginnig of talamanca...

29th: went to san carles las dalias for lunch, then for a walk at salinas and es cavallet, then to eivissa little shopping, having some hierbas at croisant show...looking to the demonstration at placa espana, then the rest of the evening at the bar in middle of placa del parque...

30th: went to es torrent, looking at the wonderful houses there, spent the day in calla youndal, having a 3 hours lunch at the restaurant beside old blue marlin...this afternoon was absolutley the best...cala youndal is still my favourite beach...
then went to botafoc...having some drinks, while watching sunset...
and then, mc rackin ;-), went to sta gertrudis, can costa,...perfecto

31th: relaxing day...in the evening went to cala dhort for sunset and little dinner...

1st: went back to barcelona, and vienna....
ibiza is paradise on earth at this time of the year, much better people, much better athmosphere...seeing the island without tourists is worth the money and time!
thats authentic ibiza!

i think anyone who has been 'off season' will agree that ibiza is lovely without hundreds of tourists...

vienna said:
cleaned my apartment only a littlebit

lazy guy!! :lol:

elvisme.gif

vienna said:
then spent the rest of the day in talamanca, specially at the bar at the beginnig of talamanca...

bar flotante. believe it or not - this was taken the same day (friday 28th)!! :eek:

22695119.jpg

vienna said:
then the rest of the evening at the bar in middle of placa del parque...

madagascar? :rolleyes:

vienna said:
ibiza is paradise on earth at this time of the year, much better people, much better athmosphere...seeing the island without tourists is worth the money and time!
thats authentic ibiza!

100% true!! ;)

I was there at 5 pm about....i was sitting at the very left...when did you take the foto?

madagasgar....yes maybe...it was the only bar with many people in the middle of sunsetbar and harrys bar....i think sunset is not existing anymore...it looks very new...

they where very friendly there... :D

whats the name of the restaurant in cala youndal very left beside yockey club...i forgot it... :oops:

muchas gracias!...this is one of the best restaurants on the island!...spent there 3 hours for lunch 8)

vienna said:
30th: went to es torrent, looking at the wonderful houses there

just to clear up any possible confussion - es torrent is not the same beach than port des torrent!! :lol:

some of the most beautiful houses in ibiza are in this area - and also some of my favourite calas (es torrent, sa caixota and ses boques)!! 8)

vienna said:
this is one of the best restaurants on the island!

and its open all year round!! :p

yes, but for me es torrent is a littlebit to far from everything...thinking of going home at night after a few hierbas must be horrible ;)

Hello All

But you mentioned Talamanca and I visited a bar there owned by a old famous boxer or his brother that was in 99 and I cant remember the name of it. Was visiting Richie the pirate he had a bloody great catamaran which MTV had a banner on for promotion of there event, great bloke Richie.

If you know the name of the bar, Id love to know it.

thanks

Tom

Hi All,

I just got back from my first weekend in Ibiza, and although I can't compare it with the peak season, I must say I absolutely loved it :D Here's what we did....
Friday night (9th) arrived from London, checked into Hotel Argos in Talamanca and headed over to the opening of Base... thanks McRackin for the tip :p

Saturday 10th had breakfast at that place on Talamanca you've all been talking about!! drove to Salinas and spent the morning on the beach listening to some chilled tunes coming from the bar, then headed to Cala D'Hort spent an hour or so on the beach and had a lovely seafood lunch at the restaurant over-looking the beach and Es Vedra (can't remember the name of the restaurant now). Then went over to Cala Conte... I couldn't believe how clear the water was here, even clearer than in Thailand! After this we headed up to watch the sunset at cafe del mar, back to the hotel got changed and went for another superb meal this time at Dalt Vila Restaurante, I highly recommend this place. After dinner and a few drinks we walked to Pacha. Wasn't sure what to expect after all I had heard about this place, but let’s just say I definitely was not disappointed!! We planned on just going for an hour so that we could make the most of sunday and ended up staying until 5.30 :D Still at least it wasn't too far to stumble home :lol:

Sunday 11th had a bite to eat at that place on Talamanca beach again and then went over to the east of the island and spent the afternoon relaxing at Cala Boix. Flew back to london last night.

Monday 12th.... Now at work in rainy London :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks to everyone on this site for all their tips.. now can't wait to come back in september and hit Space DC10 etc :D :D :D

cookie said:
headed over to the opening of
basebar.jpg
... thanks McRackin for the tip

no problem!! ;)

cookie said:
had breakfast at that place on Talamanca you've all been talking about!!

bar flotante!! :D

cookie said:
then headed to Cala D'Hort spent an hour or so on the beach and had a lovely seafood lunch at the restaurant over-looking the beach and Es Vedra (can't remember the name of the restaurant now)

which one? :arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2948 :rolleyes:

cookie said:
Then went over to Cala Conte... I couldn't believe how clear the water was here, even clearer than in Thailand!

i bet these picture will bring you good memories:

:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2064 8)

cookie said:
then went over to the east of the island and spent the afternoon relaxing at Cala Boix

good beach!! :p

playa-38.jpg

McRackin

I love your pics McRackin... very happy memories :D :D :D

McRackin said:

Sounds like it could have been del carmen, we walked up some steps from the beach to the restaurant terrace (not the end of the fishermens huts).
After hearing the coments on es boldado will defo check that one out in september :D

What's your favourite beach :?:
From the few I visited I think mine is Cala D'Hort for the amazing view and Cala Conte for the water. I know there are lots of recommendations on this site but any others you personally recommend 4 when I come back in september :?:

Cheers,
Jamie

Thanks Robo, yeah it was short... looking forward to september now when I'll be there for 2 weeks :D only 4 months to go :(

Back