My review 28/05/09-03/06/09

Mr Bullseye

Hi everyone
I know it's a little late but as they say better late then never.

My review 28/05/09-03/06/09

Arrived in ibiza about midnight on 28th quickly found our prearranged taxi and headed off to hotel in PDB.We were booked in to the garbi for the length of our stay, a friend of mine stayed there last year and i liked the look of it.
Qickly dumped our bags into room and shot up to coco's for a couple of beers before bedtime(ended up being quite a few in the end).Very quiet in there but hey it's still early season.

Woke up to a beautiful morning and had a look round the hotel, very impressed and will defo be staying there again and the fact that they have some good line up's in martina during the season is a real bonus.We looked in there one night and it was empty but was free for residents of garbi to get in, (wonder if this applies all season?)
And if you get a chance during your stay in PDB then go and have a couple of hours in the spa, it is FANTASTIC.

Anyway chilled by the pool all day friday and worked on the tan, read most of oliver reed's bio aswell. Had a bite to eat late afternoon in the beachside restaurant in the hotel and the tapas was very good and a real nice setting too.

Had a couple of liveners before heading out for the night, the plan was to hit bora bora for a couple of hours before heading over to pacha for the pure pacha opening party.We got round to bora bora about 10.30 ish and i have only been there once before and that was last year ,but i seemed really chavvy to me this time and at almost the stroke of midnight a real humdinger of a fight broke out with chairs tables and people flying eveywhere,and quite a bit of blood too.
So that was enough for me so we shot back to coco's for a couple before getting off to pacha.
Arrived at pacha at around 1.30 and no queue straight inside, it was my first visit to pacha and i've heard a lot of bad press about the place but i have to say i loved it in there, it was pretty packed in there but a real good vibe and the basement jaxx played a top set the place was rocking, drink prices were a bit steep but i wasn't suprised by it and in all we had a great night. Absolutely love dennis ferrer - sinfonia top tune.

Saturday woke up early afternoon and headed into the spa at the hotel for a couple of hours and it was fantastic, had a sauna, steam and jacuzzi and a nice sleep on the chilling out chairs and came out of there feeking almost back to my best.

Nothing much on the agenda for saturday night so headed round to the restaurant almost directly opposite coco's at the top of the road in PDB(sorry can't remember the name opposte migjorn villas) an out door bbq and sushi place, had a top bit of dinner in there( can thoroughly recommend the bbq steak with blue cheese sauce) and the sushi was real good too, sunk best part of a nice bottle of red too and that was me done for the night.

Sunday morning woke up and the weather was looking not so good, but was looking forward to space opening later that day.
Chilled out most of the day and generally took it easy, got ourselves ready to go out about 5 as wanted to catch deadmau5 on at 6 had a couple more liveners and a glass or two of cava and by the time we got round to space we were buzzing nicely.
I have only been to space once before and that was the opening fiesta last year and the queue then was horrendous took about two hours to get in.
As we arrived the queue was huge again so i thought f**k this and headed into the pay on the door queue and played dumb i whipped out my internet voucher and said"am i in the right place?" and the girl took my voucher and we went straight through about 5 mins queueing time in total.
Got into the flight club just in time to see deadmau5 begin and he played a wicked set(this is the first time i'd seen him live and i was thinking because he really only plays his own stuff does his sets get a bit same same?)The place was properly packed and took about 45 mins to go for a slash.
Got in side for half ten to see sasha and digweed, caught the end of guy gerber's set and he was rocking it(never heard of him before) i'll keep my eye out for him .
Sasha and digweed didn't disappoint they smashed it (can't wait for sw4) any way by this time i was properly trolleyed and can't really write much more i'm afraid(sorry people) other than having spent quite a lot of time in them the massage chairs at the back of the discoteca are top draw.But i do remember it being stupidly packed in there but i will defo go again.
Monday spent the day lying down and groaning and recovering , i'm a little older now and it takes me longer to recover than it used to, but without a doubt i will be back for a closing party or two this year and next year for a week or 10 days.
I will get to amnesia one day.
Tuesday just got some sun and enjoyed the spa again and then home,
Sorry for rambling people.

Wow a sushi place in PDb is that at the end near space or the end near Figueretas? I love that you said as your getting older need more recovery time.. I feel the same lol was gonna have a chilled hol and just go to Space and one day at San An but from looking at the party calender I think its gonna be a 7 day club fest :twisted:

I know what you mean once you get there and see whats going on it all your good plans can go out the window.
The sushi and bbq place is at the space end of the main road i'm sorry i can't remember the name of it but it's opposite the migjorn villas and next to the scary looking reverse bunji machine.

If you are going to make it to closing parties, make sure you go to Amnesia (get there about 4am so you will last) and follow on to Space closing. BOOK NOW

I know where abouts you mean I think.. do you know if thats new? Can't believe I haven't seen that its my favourite food! I know theres one up by the marina in Ibiza town but it looked like one of those places where if you need to ask the price then you probably can't afford it lol

... the plan was to hit bora bora for a couple of hours ...
We got round to bora bora about 10.30 ish and i have only been there once before
and that was last year ,but i seemed really chavvy to me this time
and at almost the stroke of midnight a real humdinger of a fight broke
out with chairs tables and people flying eveywhere,and quite a bit of blood too.
So that was enough for me ...
i saw quite many fights there with ****ing retards throwing beerglasses etc
and bleeding people leaving the place soon after ...
seems to be common these days since borabora went downhill :-(

but some days you still can be lucky and have a good time for a few hours ...

... As we arrived the queue was huge again
so i thought f**k this and headed into the pay on the door queue
and played dumb i whipped out my internet voucher and said
"am i in the right place?"
and the girl took my voucher and we went straight through
about 5 mins queueing time in total ...
:lol:

Is it worth going to Bora Bora? Doesnt sound like it from here...went to ibiza last year and didnt go but we were thinking of it this time but it sounds pretty average and full of english people. anywhere else good in PDB? Otherwise i'll just have a night out in ibiza town instead like last year!

As i said i went last year for the first time and we had a good time there so went back this year and it seemed really chavvy, maybe i just went on a bad night it was the opening if that has anything to do with it?
I'll give it a look in next time i'm in town
Depending on what time of year you are in PDB you could give martina a try, they have some good looking line ups coming this year.It's under the garbi hotel.

Thanks for the review.
Wondering if the spa at garbi is complimentary with the room. How's the wi-fi and fitness room if you used them?
We're staying there in Sept. and they said they upgraded everything.
Hope you get back for the closing parties.

The spa is free for residents of the hotel to use, and the gym/weights room is located next to the spa and i presume is free to residents also.
I didn't use the wireless in the room i'm afraid so can't help there.
But overall it's a good hotel and that spa is fantastic just the thing to help you get over a big night.
Enjoy.

Back