My Ibiza Review 2003

S

seanbelfast

August 1st...Take off day..headed down to Dublin at 10am for the flight to
Ibiza 18 of us in TOTAL....Everything went on time and we arrived in Ibiza
at about 11PM that Night...First night we headed just to locals bars beside
our apartments Sol Bay 1 and 2 in san an Bay.....

August 2nd....Got up early to suss this end of the Bay out proper the boys
did the usuall we stayed in the bar and played pool and got drunk while the
girls did there sunbathing thingy...which i hate e*beep*ally in 45 degree
heat..That night we went to the West end only because there where a few
IBIZA VIRGINS with us who wanted to see what all the fuss was about..
They soon found out that this was a place we woudn't be visiting often..
Anyway i headed home at about 4 o clock or so cause the day i had waited for all yr was fast approaching..Sunday...august the 3rd

August 3rd.....I awoke at about 2 o clock...went for something to Eat..got
changed had a few beers waiting on WOMEN getting ready this became a trend
as women take forever...we headed to WE LOVE SUNDAYS @ SPACE...the line-up
Outside on the terrace we had Dj Ralf quality Pedro winter ok not my
style....but Cassius closed the terrace and it he disappointed me his tune selection was qulaity but his mixing wasn't tight schoolboy error imo....for the first time
ever i had a better night inside space the line up inside when we went in at
about 12:30 was awesome first we had Dj James zabiela till 1am played a
smashing mix of Age of love i think it's his own...then the mighty Steve
Lawler who put down one of the finest Dj sets i have seen in along time but
this set was to be bettered later in the holiday..He drooped the mighty Yeke
Yeke and blew the roof of the inside of space big stylee... next up we had a
house legend in the form of FELIX DA HOUSECAT...and he didn't disappoint he
was large and we were later to be joined by P>DIDDY singing let's get i'll
Live this became a trend aswell he appeared 3times in one week..all in all a
large night was had by all

August 4th.....Most of the day was the afterparty from the night before...
it got very messy ......all the girls faded so the BOYS went to
Manumission....The show this year really impressed me dj's on that night
where Dave Seaman...Griff....Alfredo and jamie back 2 back till the
end...music was good but then at 7 in the morning the security staff came
into the dj box and turned the power off i was shocked...cause normally i
stay in manumission till about 10am cause i go into the COCO LOCO bar to
hear IMO one of ibiza's finest Dj's play whatever he likes to his addoring
fans in the Bar...the Dj COLIN PETERS he rocks but no sunrise set this yr as
apparently all nightclubs have to closed at 7 am sharp or fines will be
introduced......gutted but we went to carry on @ Space it was quality as
ever we lasted till about 3 o clock them went home for some very needed
sleep...

August 5th.....nothing came back from Carry on @ Space slept till wed...

August 6th.....Got up feeling 90....as i had about 18 hrs sleep i went
shopping with the missus to make up for not seeing her since sunday....that
night we all went to Pacha for Subliminal sessions...Dj's this night where
Harry romero and Erick morrillo all i can say is that for some of the grief
that Erick has got lately...this man put down the finest House set i have
witnessed ever....Quality...Some quality new stuff with just a few
classics...The tune that ripped it Little Louis French Kiss....i heard this
tune the most out of all in all the clubs this summer...

August 7th....Straight to bed no partying after morrillo as we had a very large essential weekend planned...first port of call was the essential mix part 1 @ amnesia all i can say is that this was the biggest let down of the holiday Oakenfold was dreadful Tiesto wasn't much better and PVD sort of saved it but i think i only liked his set cause there was abit of room when it got to 6 in the morning to dance...Anyway's i won't be rushing back to amnesia as it always overcrowds are i rarely have a good night there.

August 8th...The start of the Radio 1 weekend the one weekend i love above all else each yr.The radio one party with Pete Tong..Fergie and friends kick things off nicely...P Diddy making his 3rd appearance in 5 days i am sick looking at this cvunt by now the novelty has wore off...Pete Tongs show was top notch but i thought Fergies left alot to be disired only to be saved by or local ginger boy wonder the main man Phil Kieran...(Jon Carter seems to have taken him under a wing)...After the beach parties it was straight to get washed and ready for a master night at pure pacha.. with Guetta...Cassius...and Tong i thought Guetta stole the show Cassius...didn't impressive they failed twice in a week... and Tong imo below average but a top top night at a packed Pacha...My new favourite Club on the Island ...was had by all

august 9th.....I arise after about 5 hrs sleep the norm in IBIZA for me..and nobody but me and 1 of my mates out of 18 of us fancies the Radio 1 parties they said they wanted to sleep till we went to Eden later..so we decide to go alone..What crack we had just the 2 of Us Jules was shite as ever Halliwell...one word "AWESOME" he just keeps getting better...Seb's show was ok only stayed for an hr of his as we wanted to get ready have a meal before Eden..for the Essentail mix part 2 which IMO was a quality..Jules and Fergie redemmed themselves with master sets in there own rights and the back room with Medicine 8,Carter and Fointaine rocked big stylee..i left at about half 5 cause i had a date with the Daddy the 2nd We love Sundays at Space...it also happens to be the mates 21st birthday...it should be large

August 10th....I awake at about half 3 and do the rounds to see who is going..and to my dismay everybody said they weren't up to it after such a hard few days..so it ended up Me and my mates who's Birthday it is..(he ditched his bird on his 21st birthday for me)YES i hate her...She wanted a romantic one i said to her plently of time for that back home..she flipped..who cares Me and Paddy hit Space and arrive on the Terrace at 5:50 perfect time for the masters that are Groove Armada...Good set not as good as in june in Shine but it was a good start to the day after we had the Terrace legend in Steve Lawler who impressive big time quality as always..by now i am starting to see why people are getting pissed off with the sound levels on the Terrace it was Aweful...to follow we had the we love x-box Dj Peter Tong...his sets was ok nothing special...last half hr the classics came out and he finished with the mighty U2 which i was well happy with considering it's my favourite alternative song...We went inside for an hour afterwared which was ok not as good as the previous week it was getting rather deep and dark warmimg up for Arman van Helden...we Split

August 11th....i took it easy most of monday to recover from a mad 4 days an spend, for the first time abit of quality time with the missus as i had hardly seen her all week...we went for a meal and a drink just us which was a nice alternative the rstaurant we went was the seafood one beside the windmill @ sa punta es moli quality prawns for starter and fillet steak for the main well impressed

August 12th....Tuesday was to be my last proper night we hit Carl Cox at Space it was a large night we got in for 10 euro well done Carl for giving back to the punters if Coxy can do why can't the all even once in a while...Had a quality night no drink..no drugs just living on the energy created by the master that Carl Cox he never disappoints in my book..i usually only get to see him once a year @ Shine's Christmas Party which he plays every year...Quality night all round and i have it on Md cause it was recorded for the following saturdays's essential mix which was and added bonus

August..13th.. I did a bit of Parasailing in San an bay just to have an alternative day for a change by now i just wanted to go home all the Drink...Drugs the heat had taken there tole and i was getting pissed off..that night i had another meal and a few drinks with Jo and had a early night

August 14th...The day before i go home i did some shopping for pressies and ended buying MYself more got some rather nice Evisu Jeans...a couple of nice Lacoste shirts and a bag load of Spanish House tunes to impress the Belfast Clubbers with..we had a few drinks and headed home early for the 12noon eviction...

August 15th....The day had arrived i was Glad to be going home everything had run on time thank GOD...cause i couldn't have hacked a delay....I waved Goodbye to "HEAVEN ON EARTH" (IBIZA ) for another yr...All in all i had a quality holiday not my Best IBIZA experience but up there with the best of them....Till next time see ya

TUNE OF IBIZA...LITTLE LOUIS FRENCH KISS EVERY ONE OF THE TOP JOCKS ARE PLAYING IT AGAIN...AND WHY NOT LET THE TUNE BE A CLASSIC OTHER THAN THAT THE TUNE I LIKE THE MOST THIS YEAR ERIC PYRDZ SLAMMIN

Nice review, we were at some of the same nights.

In agreement

Erik/Choo Choo were awesome! - incredible back to back.

In disagreement

Cassius rocked the terrace - what were you on :eek: - it was shit!

Anyhow, glad you had a rockin' time.

Are you going back for closings?

DrewUK said:
Nice review, we were at some of the same nights.

In agreement

Erik/Choo Choo were awesome! - incredible back to back.

In disagreement

Cassius rocked the terrace - what were you on :eek: - it was shit!

Anyhow, glad you had a rockin' time.

Are you going back for closings?
He played quality tunes but his mixing was terrible maybe i am being to clinicle cause i dj but i expected better from the frenchman

Quality review matey, sounds like you had a blinder.

PMSL @ the GIRLS comments :p And the moral of the story is don't go on holiday with girls :p :lol: ;)

Tops sean

what fun girls truly are. there's nothing make a holiday more fun than waiting for the laydeez to finish 'getting ready'. Like we aren't all gonna look like tramps after two hours swettin/dancin anyway.

That Inside space session with JimboZ/Lawler/Felix will remain with me for a long long long long time. 8)

Casius were, as Drew has said many, many, many, many, many times was/were truly terrible.

Barbie said:
Quality review matey, sounds like you had a blinder.

PMSL @ the GIRLS comments :p And the moral of the story is don't go on holiday with girls :p :lol: ;)

lOOKS LIKE NEXT YEAR THE BOY'S ARE GOING TO DO THE OPENING AND CLOSING PARTIES ALL BEING WELL

Can you recall did the other club nites you were at finish at 7am as well, or just Manumission?

rustywoo said:
Casius were, as Drew has said many, many, many, many, many times was/were truly terrible.

This is true - August 3rd they ruined Space Terrace vibe totally.

Sean - glad to hear you heard Steve Lawlers set inside on the same night though....was good wasn't it - was VERY impressed with one of the dancers as well, really blew me away with his moves. Funny that PDiddy showed up inside as well - wouldn't have expected that....i had left by that stage!

yeah - we missed a trick there didn't we.

Drew.....me and my girlfriend + bout 8 friends were dancing on the raised section by the back bar on the terrace (near the xbox's) most of the day/night....how bout you?

You are going to space closing anyway though aren't you?

then at 7 in the morning the security staff came
into the dj box and turned the power off

The story about this was true then..............

S Express said:
yeah - we missed a trick there didn't we.

Drew.....me and my girlfriend + bout 8 friends were dancing on the raised section by the back bar on the terrace (near the xbox's) most of the day/night....how bout you?

You are going to space closing anyway though aren't you?

We hung around the chillout area quite a bit then danced in front of fans to right of entrance.

Yeah going back 27th September for Space closing on 28th.

Drew send me your email address on a pm and i will send a couple of pictures of me and the girl so we can meet up.

8)

Back