My Hols In Ibiza.........

spottydog

OK here goes. Its a little late but hey better late than never.
O yeah and just before i start id like to apoligise for any poor grammar and punctuation..........

JUNE 20th, FRIDAY: We had been waiting so long for this day and it was finally here. 4 of my mates and i arrive on the white isle at about 8 o clock on friday evening. We were staying in jet apartments which is in playa d'en bossa and more importantly just down the road from Bora Bora and Space. As soon as we arrive we dump the luggage and head straight down to bora bora. it was my first time in bora bora and as you can imagine it definately lived up to expectations and a little bit more. so we dance on a few tables for an hour or 2 and then head back to the apartments to freshen up and then head off to the pure pacha opening party with pete tong, danny howells and tony humphries.
absolutely classic night and a brilliant way to start the holiday. to be honest i was a bit worse for wear to say the least and couldnt really tell ya much about the music. spent most of the night going round the club chatting to as many random people as possible. at one stage was chatting away to this lovely random english gal for about 15-20 mins before figuring out that it was none other than our very own dfunky from this site. very freaky but very very cool.
lierally about half an hour later i got chatting to this couple upstairs on the terrace and the fella turned out to be k-eat from this site too. what are the chances........no seriously what are the chances?!
so anyway brilliant night in pacha and all that and k-eat and his lovely girlfriend linda came back to our apartments for a bit of an afterparty.

21st JUNE, SATURDAY: Spent the day on the beach and we were planning to go to kumaharas and kasbah that night to catch the sunset and have our dinner but ended up staying in bora bora for a bit longer than we should have, so ended up hittin san an that little bit later. had our dinner in sugarsea and then hit the west end for some hardcore ibiza partying.............................lol. of course not, you didnt really think i was being serious did you?
Ended up going to bar amsterdam in the westend for a couple of drinks and then headed for the nearest taxi to take us back to PDB. En route we ended up getting some free passes into retro@eden so decided it couldnt hurt to go in for a we look see.............it turned out that it could hurt quite a bit so we stayed for bout half an hour and then went on our merry way.

think ill post this review 2 days at a time as its taking quite a while and just in case i have to stop half way through it as im in work....................

Hello again, im back.

JUNE 22nd, SUNDAY: or should i say, WE LOVE SUNDAYS@SPACE!!! Got up shortly after 2pm and after applying the necessary factor 120, getting a quick bite to eat and slipping on the dancing shoes we headed off to space.
We must have arrived in shortly after 4 and the place was going wild. The added bonus was that it wasnt completely jammed. there was just a nice amount of people, with enough room dance away onfront of the fans. We all danced away for a couple of hours and then a few of my chums decided to retreat back to the apartments to get themselves refreshed for the night time session. The music in that place was far to good so one of my mates and i decided to dance it out. we stayed on dancing for ages and then sat down in the place for about an hour just taking everything in. the unbelievable music, the atmosphere, the dancing, the beautiful people.............i think im gonna cry :cry: .....i wanna be back there sooo much.
So anyway just as we were leaving at around 8 i guess, i was half way out the door and saw Barbie and her boyfriend bouncing about just a few meters away from me outside the main doors to the discotecha. but by this stage i was already passed the bouncers and my mate that i was with was walking ahead of me so i just decided to keep walking and that id get chatting to her later on that night..........sorry babs........needless to say that was the first and last time i saw barbie. :confused:
That night we went back to space at around 11 for the last hour on the terrace and what a last hour it was. Danced my complete socks off. the music was brilliant and as usual the atmosphere was electric. couldnt stop smiling.
Inside Space was class. really really bangin. must have sweated out about 3 litres but it was well worth it. the bottom line is that space is one crazy ass club and and if you dont try to pace yourself then you aint gonna be able to last. we left at about 4:30am.
Fortunately the night did not end there. baring in mind this was the night that i was the most fecked the whole holiday, my friends and i decided to go and have a picnic on the beach. well when i say picnic i really mean that we had a beach towel and we were all monged and decided to call it a picnic. the craic was 90 and we met a few other randoms on the beach who were also having a "picnic".
Quality night all round. woke up the next day feeling bright and breezy.....or maybe not.

sorry this is taking so long but im tryin to do work at the same time. gonna just nip out for a quick cigarette.......... ;)

spottydog said:
En route we ended up getting some free passes into retro@eden so decided it couldnt hurt to go in for a we look see.............it turned out that it could hurt quite a bit so we stayed for bout half an hour and then went on our merry way.

Hahahaha - made me laugh that did! :lol:
keep it coming....!

spottydog said:
So anyway just as we were leaving at around 8 i guess, i was half way out the door and saw Barbie and her boyfriend bouncing about just a few meters away from me outside the main doors to the discotecha. but by this stage i was already passed the bouncers and my mate that i was with was walking ahead of me so i just decided to keep walking and that id get chatting to her later on that night..........sorry babs........needless to say that was the first and last time i saw barbie. :confused:

Awwwww can't believe we were so close but so far :cry: next time hon :D

Loving your review, keep it coming :p :D

JUNE 23rd, MONDAY: Triple dropped a few berocca and sat on the beach all day drinking san miguel and listening to the tunes from bora bora. That night we all headed to manumission@privelege which i was only really going to because 3 of the friends i was with had never been to ibiza before and wanted to see it for themselves which is fair enough i suppose. spent most of the night either out on the terrace or in the side room for smokin jo who played a blinder set.
while we were out on the terrace we got chattin to some people and it turns out that one of the fellas we were chattin to is kylie minogues choreographer(once again i apoligise for any spelling mistakes) and was out on the island shooting the video for that crappy band gemini. just thought id tell ya all that cos we all thought it was pretty cool. TBH i though manumission this year was pretty crap, especially the music in the main room which was just hurting my ears.
so we all ended up heading back to the apartments at about 7 or so accompanied by kylie's choreographer(sorry ill stop going on about it now) and sat having a few beers and a few smokes on the balcony.
At about 9 o clock we dandered down the road to space. Now this was my first carry-on that i had been to and i think the best way to describe it would be very surreal and messy at the same time. space really only started getting going at about 12 or so and we ended up leaving just after 1 so didnt really get the full carry-on experience but the point was i went, i saw, i danced, i danced some more and i went home knackered but wot a night it was.

JUNE 24th, TUESDAY: Not a very exciting day at all. we got up quite late in the evening, went down to bora bora for a bit, went and got some alcohol and party prescriptions and had a 'quiet' night in the apartment. decided to put the whole eating thing off until the next day. A few crazy antics went on that night but hey we'll not go into it.

JUNE 25th, WEDNESDAY: Spent the day down on the beach once again. got out some pedelos, did a bit of swimming, got a bit burnt, y'all know how it goes.
That night we were back at pacha for Subliminal with morillo, nunez and dj heather. We arrived in to see the last hour or so of heathers set which was good. Then morillo and nunez took the stage. back2back i may add. this pair completely blew me away. the whole night they had me dancing. sheer quality set. was well impressed as i had heard rumours that morillo was not on form these days. was a bit of a messy night with everyone being a bit worse for wear once again. The atmosphere in pacha that night was unreal. up until that holiday i would have always said that space was my favourite club but im afraid ive been converted. dont get me wrong, i love both and they are both just 2 completely different clubs but if i had to choose then i reckon pacha would win.
Ive been to pacha 5 times now all together and i still cant get over how beautiful the terrace is..........

JUNE 26th, THURS: Still up partying pretty late until that afternoon. went to bed for a few hours and then got up and got some jo baxi's into san an to see the sunset. Wasnt the best one that ive seen but always manages to take my breath away.(hey that'd be a cool name for a song) Anyway after watching the sunset at mambo we tried to get a table but the place was absolutely jam packed so we made our way around to coastline for some fine dining. had a lovely steak and was raring to go that night for our final evening of madness.
now what happened next still shocks me when i think about it.........the rest of my mates all faded out. yes thats right i couldnt believe it either.
so there we all are having a lovely meal, surrounded by lovely scenery, music and people and bearing in mind that ITS OUR LAST NIGHT IN IBIZA and all of a sudden........"we're really tired, do ya wanna just head on to Bar M for a few drinks and then head back to the apartments to just pack and then chill?" i replied with a swift "FUNK THAT!"
Alas they could not be persuaded to go anywhere so we all headed off to bar m were we had our few drinks and thats when i decided that i was going to have to fly the rest of the evening solo. so off to cream i went. luckily enough im not all that shy and can talk away to anyone. so i made some friends on the bus and we all danced the night away in the funky room with jo mills. she played a pretty good set but the terrace wasnt all that full and the atmosphere lacked that little je ne sais qoi. realised that night how much i really dont like trance. was a good night and went home satisfied...............

JUNE 27th, FRIDAY: Travelled home which is always a nightmare. Got into my flat at about 1am saturday mornin and went to pick a load of my mates up from MILK in Belfast where they all had just been to see erick morillo. stayed up with them drinking and smoking and telling them all the tales from the hols.

JUNE 28th, SATURDAY: Got up that evening for my flatmates 21st birthday. he was unable to make it with us to ibiza so we had all promised him that we would go out that night for his bday. Off to SHINE we went to see CJ BOLLAND and wot a class night it was to come home to. we all partied on well into sunday.

Tried to keep partying for the rest of the week but was well wrecked by the tuesday. On the tuesday night my flat got broken into. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :cry:

Hope y'all enjoyed the review and if ya didnt then awell. just thought id add that last bit in cos it just made me appreciate ibiza so much more.
CRAP THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOUR AT HOME.
MAGICAL, WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOUR IN IBIZA!!! ;) :lol:

great review there spotty, sounds like you couldn't have fitted any more into your time :D :D

Sorry to hear about the falt caper, but hey, you could go in Sept wiv da insurance monies (hope ya were insured).

A great read

Back