My Gay Sister

russ

(her name is Jo) is coming with us to ibiza next week for a couple of days. She's been a few times before so knows the island quite well.

Anyway....she is gay and was asking me if there were any good bars for 'like-minded women' as she had been unable to find any. Gay (male) bars she has found aplenty.

I couldn't answer and thought i'd ask you folks.

??please??

I would recommend you take her to "Los Pasajeros" for dinner. It's a tiny but cute (and cheap) restaurant in the port of Eivissa (between La Marina and Calle Mayor) owned by Maria who appears a bit butch at first sight but has a heart of gold. Watch out for it carefully as it's on the first floor and easy to be missed (advantage: not the average port tourist crowd). Inside the restaurant you'll find posters/flyers for lesbian events and Maria is always up for some decent advice.

Monroe's is a great place - very friendly and really cheap drinks. However, it is mostly gay males. There was only one female gay couple there when I visited. (I'm bi by the way).

stephen said:
she could start at monroe's in figeretes - opposite kitsch.

I think Monroes is awful! It's ok if you want a chat but it's a naff bar not disimilar to something you'd find at home.

There is never any women in there either.

Surely your mate is after something much classier??!?!?

sorry,

i've never been in monroe's but as it is run by two (island celebrity)lesbians i thought it would be a good starting point.

they had bingo on when i was in there last year. didnt go back this year needless to say. but its all a matter of taste i suppose!

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Jo thought that Monroe's was about it and it appears that is so.
Im sure she will pay it a quick visit as it is only up the road from es vive, just on the off chance. ;)

There isn't anywhere in particular that gay females go to.
Monroes is ran by two gay females but isn't often frequented by gay females.
I have been to ibiza b4 i was with my gf and have been single.
I would say the best option is to openly admit to being gay to as many girls as possible and see what happens.
There are a few gay females in Ibiza and even more bi girls ( i have noticed )
Most of the gay bars seem to be male dominated but there will be the odd gay female around and about
Most people in Ibiza are pretty free spirited when they get there so tell her to try her luck a few times and see what happens, thats what i did and it works quite often.

daltvila said:
I would recommend you take her to "Los Pasajeros" for dinner. It's a tiny but cute (and cheap) restaurant in the port of Eivissa (between La Marina and Calle Mayor) owned by Maria who appears a bit butch at first sight but has a heart of gold. Watch out for it carefully as it's on the first floor and easy to be missed (advantage: not the average port tourist crowd). Inside the restaurant you'll find posters/flyers for lesbian events and Maria is always up for some decent advice.
and here is the stairway to heaven erm, to the restaurant:

a12.jpg

Loving the thread title Russ - sounds like a new limited edition PC Barbie doll! :lol:

How did she get on anyway?

Back