My eyes my eyes!

So...I have not been blessed with perfect vision and am finally taking a step to sort my eyes out. I've worn lenses for years and they have destroyed my eyes :twisted: I made an appointment for the eye doctor on monday...DOOMSDAY as I'll hear if my eyes can be lasered or possibly implanted with lenses. Scary. Has anyone else had these procedures done?

So...I have not been blessed with perfect vision and am finally taking a step to sort my eyes out. I've worn lenses for years and they have destroyed my eyes :twisted: I made an appointment for the eye doctor on monday...DOOMSDAY as I'll hear if my eyes can be lasered or possibly implanted with lenses. Scary. Has anyone else had these procedures done?

Had laser eye surgery done. Best thing ever, wish I had done it a while ago.

I had laser surgery, but in only one eye.
If you can get away with it I would recommend it.
This is because if you are short sighted in your life then you would normally get away without needing reading glasses when you get to your 40's.
Normal sighted people will usually need the reading glasses.
So, if you get your eyes lasered, then it puts you back to the same schedule as good sighted people. You could end up trading one set of glasses for another.
Getting only one eye done enables you to have one for long distance and one for reading. I don't even notice it, it's just perfect vision.

I'd get it done if u can stand it, but how they do it makes me sick to think about haha, so does wearing lenses damage your eyesight then?

I'd get it done if u can stand it, but how they do it makes me sick to think about haha, so does wearing lenses damage your eyesight then?

Saw this on a Discovery channel the other day. I am normally squeemish but fond this fascinating. Appeared a very straight forward procedure.

The actual process is easy and doesn't hurt at all. But my eye was pretty uncomfortable for about 3 days afterwards and not totally better for 2 weeks.
Forget what they say about going back to work the same afternoon.

Yes they can damage your eyes very badly if you wear them too much. Your eyes start growing veins in them to get extra oxygen in :eek: which is what happened in my case. Luckily, apparently I might be a candidate for surgery but I'm not allowed to wear lenses for a few months now and then we'll see. At least I won't be needing a guide dog just yet but I was so nervous and sure that I'd be told off:oops:!

So hopefully by the time I hit the beach and the clubs in Ibiza this summer, it will be without the *&^%$£!! lenses!!!

Yes they can damage your eyes very badly if you wear them too much. Your eyes start growing veins in them to get extra oxygen in :eek: which is what happened in my case. Luckily, apparently I might be a candidate for surgery but I'm not allowed to wear lenses for a few months now and then we'll see. At least I won't be needing a guide dog just yet but I was so nervous and sure that I'd be told off:oops:!

So hopefully by the time I hit the beach and the clubs in Ibiza this summer, it will be without the *&^%$£!! lenses!!!

oh ec that doesn't sound good, I wear mine every day, maybe I should not use um so much :s

That's the main reason I got mine done, generally less hassle. I had already had a couple of eye infections from wearing my lenses too much and the optician had advised against wearing them every day.

Nah I don't, usually 9 in the morning till about 11 at night, so hopefully not doing too much damage

if you get some decent ones like acuvue moist they are generally better for the eyes, although my optician said it's still better to have a pair of specs to give the eyes a 'breather' some evenings when sat about watching tv etc

if you get some decent ones like acuvue moist they are generally better for the eyes, although my optician said it's still better to have a pair of specs to give the eyes a 'breather' some evenings when sat about watching tv etc

Apparently these lenses which let more oxygen through are supposed to be a lot better, but my eye doc said yesterday that even those ones can cause damage. So, sexy specs it is for me until I get the green light (hopefully) and be rid of them FOREVER! I think for the first month I'd reach for my glasses in the morning, then cry from happiness after realising I can see. The thought of going snorkelling - I cannot even bear, or dare to think about it yet!!

Unfortunately, I was never warned by my opticians about this vein-growing stuff. They happily supplied me with lenses and here I am as a perfect example of it all gone wrong :evil:.

People - don't wear your lenses too much/long!!!!!! (read with angry voice)

what about trying the lenses you put in at night (they then change shape of eye whilst asleep) then take them out when you get up?...they are more expensive but if you are anything like me the thought of an operation seems really nasty and any alternative sounds better !!

what about trying the lenses you put in at night (they then change shape of eye whilst asleep) then take them out when you get up?...they are more expensive but if you are anything like me the thought of an operation seems really nasty and any alternative sounds better !!

Nah, I want to get rid of lenses and glasses. I'd be ready for the doctor to zap my eyes tomorrow if it would be possible. Apparently the operation isn't that bad. I just hope my only alternative isn't contactlens implants as they WILL poke your eyes with a needle :eek:. But even then, I would do it, that's how desperate I am for a good vision!

I had my eyes done yesterday at 3pm.Woke up this morning with perfect vision wellcompared to what Im used too.The whole thing takes less than 15 minutes, You dont feel, or see a thing! I would defo reccomend it. I had to sit in the dark all yesterday but now if it wasn't for having to put drops in 4 times a day i would never know.

Go for it if you can!

I use dailies, the Specsavers Easy Vision ones, are the dailies better than monthlies for preserving my eyesight, silly thing is I actually work for Specsavers but know nothing about contact's haha.

the acuvue moist i have are dailies, used to have weekly (work/rest/play 24/7) type but must say the daily acuvue are a lot better, you really don't notice them especially when its warm dry weather (or central heating!) they are a lot more moist (hence name)

I had LASIK in both eyes. They were both healed enough to see out of with no discomfort by the next day. I'm not sure what the main differences are but i know you have to wear a protective contact lens for about a week with LASEK. Generally LASEK takes longer to heal.

Back