My 4 days in Ibiza - review

Bubble

I’m feeling a bit ropey after my little jaunt in Ibiza but I think that’s due to something I ate rather than the partying. ;)

I had a FANTASTIC time. I left Friday evening with some non-spotlight mates. Met Jamie and Ru at Liverpool Street station where we proceeded to Stansted airport. Luckily our flight wasn’t delayed which is rare for me. (I’ve only been on one return flight which hasn’t been delayed). Got to Ibiza, picked up our people carrier and attempted to drive us all to our hotel which I had no idea how to get there. Bearing in mind I couldn’t find the handbrake at first and I’d never driven on the wrong side of the road before :eek: :confused: and in the dark I did ok and got us there in one piece. :eek: :lol:

At about midnight, we arrive at our hotel in Talamanca (Playa Real) which is really really good. Will definitely stay there again. It’s only a 15 walk to Pacha and about the same to Ibiza town but it’s in a very quiet location right on Talamanca beach. 8)

First stop is Pacha where we meet Jamie and Ru again, and hook up with Jon (lynch) and Becki (boo) for the first time and their mates Fireman Sam and his girlfriend. Everyone is on fine form and ready to party hard. As we step inside, the place is nicely full but not packed. Kenny Dope Gonzalez is already on the decks and Jamie says he’s playing a very predictable set, so much so that Jamie’s predicting the next track and he’s mostly right! It’s all good though. Pete Tong takes over about 5am and plays a good set. I don’t remember too much apart from one tune which stood out for everyone - remix of Planet Funk - The Switch – Well done to Jamie for finding this out. After getting VERY mashed we all leave Pacha about 6.30 I think. Everyone is in a state so we head to the nearest bar for some beer! After leaving the bar at some time in the morning I head back to my hotel with my crew and try to get some sleep which proves quite tricky. :(

A few hours later and I’m up again ready to head to a beach. After waiting for the rest of my lot to wake up we finally head out to Bora Bora which wasn’t really in full flow but the beach was packed. People eventually started dancing about 5pm though. Music was superb again though but we had to leave about 7pm to get changed and head off to San An for the sunset.

In the evening we headed over to Coastline as we thought we might miss the sunset if we got lost trying to find kumharas where Jamie, Jon and the others were. I’ve got some great sunset shots which I’ll post later. After a few drinks it was off to Sa Capella, renowned as one of the finest restaurants in Ibiza. Lived up to it’s reputation, the food was excellent and the waiters were fantastic! We decided to call it a day as we were all shattered after the three course meal and free shots! And we wanted to make sure we were on top form for the Space marathon.

So we head to Space for the opening of We Love Sundays after a stop-off at bora bora first for a few beers to get in the mood. Barbie and Tom (now landed) and Jamie, Becks and Jon, Spunkmonkey, Sync, Aussie Leah are all inside Space by 3pm. I persuade a couple of my group to join me so we head inside about 4.30 I think. It's busy but not packed like it is in August. It's just right to be honest, everyone has massive sunglasses 8) and Jon Ulysses is playing some funky badass tunes. Shame I missed most of his set. Tom Novy takes over and plays a storming set which has the whole terrace rocking from start to finish! Rooty come on afterwards and at this point a few of us head over to Bora Bora for a break which was a really good idea. We head back to Space about 9.30 and catch Steve Lawler for the closing set on the terrace. Awesome!!! Great twisted funky tunes and some classics thrown in at the end for good measure. Rest of the night is a bit of a blur as we head inside of Space which I always find hard to get into after the terrace. I think I ended up leaving around 4am with Jamie, Barbie, jon and becki for some more beers nearby.

After another dodgy nights sleep I headed off to Cala Basa on Monday which is a really nice beach but a few too many annoying children for my liking. Still it does offer waterpsorts which is good so me and 5 mates head out on a banana boat which is great fun although getting whacked over the head from your mates landing on you when the boat tips over isn’t so clever!!! :evil: :rolleyes:

Monday night is the opening night of Roger Sanchez Release Yourself at Pacha which I persuade Jamie & co to attend. They haven’t slept for about 3 days!!! :eek: :eek: :p :eek: :lol: So after an average meal in a lovely restaurant on Talamanca beach we head over to Pacha and meet the Jamie, Barbie and co. And Scoobie is also on the terrace, it’s like being at a SO….party lol!! :lol: Monday night is ANOTHER awesome night. I’d never seen Sanchez before so I wasn’t sure what to expect but believe me he’s superb. Not only great twisted dirty house music but technically he’s very very good too. The only gripe I have about the night is why did he play the cheesiest vocal version of Narcotic Thrust – I like It at 7am???? :x After threatening the crowd with the last tune about three times from 7am it eventually closed at 7.45am. So on to another bar for a final beer or two then back to the hotel at 9.30am knowing we’ve got to be out the room by noon to checkout!!! :evil: :lol:

The last day was spent at a lovely tranquil beach called Cala des Jondals. Definitely going back there. 8) Had a crap meal Monday evening at some ropey restaurant in PDB then went to Bora Bora for a final couple of hours which was rocking. Didn’t want to leave for the airport but all good things must come to an end so we headed off around midnight to find our plane was delayed by two hours. A shitty end to a superb trip! Bring on the closing parties!!!

Great review - you certainly seem to have crammed a lot in a short space of time. No wonder you feel shattered!

Ferd said:
Sounded great...
Bet you loved the weather when you got here yesterday... ;)

I couldn't belive how crap it was yesterday. I must have looked really silly stepping off the train at 8.30am yesterday suntanned in a t-shirt and flip-flops!

Clara said:
Great review - you certainly seem to have crammed a lot in a short space of time. No wonder you feel shattered!

No surprise I guess. i did sleep for 16 hours yesterday but I think a few more hours are needed still :confused: :lol:

Sounds like you had a great time, Alex. I was really impressed with Sanchez at Turnmills a couple of months ago - he really knows how to keep a set interesting

Bubble said:
Ferd said:
Sounded great...

I couldn't belive how crap it was yesterday. I must have looked really silly stepping off the train at 8.30am yesterday suntanned in a t-shirt and flip-flops!

4 day tan? :confused:

BBS said:
Sounds like you had a great time, Alex. I was really impressed with Sanchez at Turnmills a couple of months ago - he really knows how to keep a set interesting

I did indeed Ben! Sanchez was very impressive, especially considering how long he was playing.

chewie_oo7 said:
Bubble said:
Ferd said:
Sounded great...

4 day tan? :confused:

Yup, I'm from the meditteranean, so I tan quickly! ;)

Excellent review, Alex :D. I'm getting all excited about September already - must go and have a glass of chill out juice ;)

Bubble said:
Ferd said:
Sounded great...

t-shirt and flipflops??
Thats good work, milking the holiday till the very last minute.. 8)

Excellent review Alex. It sounds like you had an amazing time and the others too.

When i was reading it i was getting butterflies in my belly :lol:

KarlosHx said:
Excellent review Alex. It sounds like you had an amazing time and the others too.

When i was reading it i was getting butterflies in my belly :lol:

I'm glad I managed to convey some of my excitement though the review. Always hard in words. Hopefully Babs and co. will post some pics on here very soon. There's plenty from pacha and Spcae although I'm not sure if they're fit for public viewing. :eek: :lol:

Back