my 2 week holiday in eivissa

M

mimikitty

sad but true i am back to reality again!! i am crying :cry: :cry: that i am not in that beautiful white isle called eivissa soaking in some rays and swimming in the beautiful emerald waters.

DAY 1
first day of arrival- got to eivissa after a 30 minute delay in madrid and we are all smiles that we are finally here- hip hip hooray!!!! check in to our hotel club garbi in playa d'en bossa- worst hotel you will ever stay in. i will explain later. settle in- by the way the room looks like a motel -clean but you know. the outside of the hotel is beautiful - palm trees everywhere overlooking playa d'en bossa. we walk around to get some tics for the euphoria party and take in the sites that we are here again for the second time. we came with 2 other people who have never been to eivissa and they were in complete awe- beautiful sites- beautiful people everywhere. altho i noticed tourism was down from last year but that didn't matter- we were where we wanted to be. went back to the hotel and got ready, ate dinner and by then it was time to go to euphoria with dave pearce. got to eden and i realized why people like to avoid this side of the island. got in the club- 40 euros!!! wasn't really worth 40 euros but still had fun. they really are taking advantage of the new currency- everything is more expensive than it was last year. anyway- dave pearce played anthems all nite- he played sweet dreams and at that point everyone was singing along and then he played silence- everyone went crazy. 5:30 hit - the foam party- never experienced a foam party before- its something to do in eivissa.

DAY 2
Sunday- watched the sunset- slept until 3 or 4 then headed to bora bora and just soaked up the sun. That nite we didn't do anything we figured we would save our energy for cocoon. but we did go to eivissa town.

DAY 3
Monday- 35 euros Cocoon!!!! :lol: amnesia is def the best club in the world- got to amnesia around 2 and saw a little bit of toni rios set and we started dancing as soon as we stepped into the door. then richard bartz live- omg!!!! dancing dancing dancing screaming :lol: :lol: :lol: and then the godfather of tech- sven vath- he kicked our asses!!!! and then the shows- in the middle of the floor a cocoon and a girl comes out and dances to the beatz of sven and then turns into a butterfly- beautiful!! thats not it- and then a guy comes out and spins fire around his arms. what a nite!! the most fun i have ever had in my life :!: :!:

DAY 4
Tuesday- Godskitchen back at eden. Mauro!!!!!!! Mauro kicked our asses - did not stop dancing. But I felt cheated b/c we paid about 40 euros and he only played for 2 hours. but other than that had fun. Godskitchen also pulled out a show too. another memorable nite.

Day 5
Wednesday- went to eivissa town and shopped - did not go out that nite.

Day 6
Thursday- Cream- another 40 euros. get there early so not to miss tiesto- tall paul was on the decks and i must say this man is not very good in my opinion so i did not dance just waited for him to finish his set so i could see tiesto. finally :!: tiesto comes on he starts with melodic trance and then brings it up and rips some dirty tech. he only played for 2 hours tho- which suckd!! but had a wonderful nite.

Day 7, 8
Friday- did not do anything just slept all day and went to the pool and beach. went to eivissa town that nite.
Saturday- rented a car. eivissa is such a beautiful island- rent a car and you will see alot. went to the hippie market then to san miguel to see the caves- playa san miguel is beautiful!! clear blue waters. then we headed to salinas- which was another beautiful beach. after that watched the sunset at cala d'hort and saw the mystical es vedra.

Day 9
Sunday- 45 euros Space to see sasha. space was packed and it felt like a sweat shop i wasn't feeling that great that night so i retired early. anyway there was no room to dance.

Day 10.
Monday- cocoon!! 35 euros another wonderful nite with sven. :lol: :lol:

Day 11
Tuesday- Pacha Perfecto- 45 euros
sander- he is so beautiful!!!! ;) pacha what a beautiful club my first time there. so many hidden rooms to just chill. sister bliss was up first playing some prog then sander hits the decks and spun some harder prog. got a pic with sander- he is very nice.

Day 12
Wednesday- ferry to playa illetas, formentera. about 13 euros.
playa illetas beautiful clear blue waters. spent the whole day there.

Day 13 :cry:
bye bye eivissa!!! we were headed to madrid to spend the day there.

what a wonderful trip so much better than last year, we danced our asses off and had the time of our lives. we did not want to go back home but had no other choice b/c we had no more money. but we all wish we were still there.

some tips (you must)
take lots of money with you if you are going for more than a week, rent a car, take the ferry to playa illetas, do not stay at club garbi, go to cocoon

negative side of trip.
club garbi- they had a rent a cop (security guard) walking around at nite and in the early hours of the morning and if you were too loud he would flash the flashlight on you to tell you to be quiet or go to your room and tell you to be quiet. and the staff was not very helpful either. did not want to call us cabs instead told us to stand in the taxi stand. the food in the hotel is horrible. and the prices for clubs and drinks- expensive but hey i pay the same prices in new york so it wasn't so bad i was just shocked how much they hiked the prices. coming back home and realizing that you wish you were still in eivissa and that where you live is in a fast paced world where all they want you to do is work, work work!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Really nice review. I missed some things you mentioned... luckily there is always next year... or September which I am considering for a 'second coming'. :)

mimikitty said:
Day 12
Wednesday- ferry to playa illetas, formentera. about 13 euros.
playa illetas beautiful clear blue waters. spent the whole day there.

absolutely beautiful beach!! 8)

p39.jpg

this picture of es vedrà was actually taken by a girl called aisha - a photographer from local newspaper diario de ibiza!! :D

Ooooo i wonder if there are any openings. :lol: Right now its a hobby of mine but i'm trying to turn it into something more. That'd be something - to photograph for Ibiza!! 8) I plan on taking loads of pics there this summer and making a sortof Ibiza portfolio of the island, the music and the people. I think it will be fun!!

LOL!!!!! Thanks Mc! :D

May I ask how u pasted that image into your post? It's probably pretty easy but i'm tolazy to figure it out!

Cheers!

dance4life said:
Right now its a hobby of mine but i'm trying to turn it into something more. That'd be something - to photograph for Ibiza!! 8) I plan on taking loads of pics there this summer and making a sortof Ibiza portfolio of the island, the music and the people. I think it will be fun!!

Sorry guys, just catching up on some old posts... was just wondering if there was anyone on here with any knowledge of website building who could put together a collection of our photos on a website for all to see. Spotlight is great but doesnt give any of us budding photographers an opportunity to show off our work.

Ideas??

Back