"Must see/do list" for a first timer?

Klubbhead-USA

Hey all, so I'll be there among the rest of you freaks from July 25th-August 6th 2007...It is my first time to the island (coming from the US), and theres not a lot of places that I know of besides certain club nights that I want to go to, so I want to ask the veterans here, what are a few MUST SEE or MUST DO things on the island for someone like me that you could all recommend?? I already know I want to rent a car a couple days to go visit the countryside, or some of the more desolate beaches (maybe try and find atlantis), goto some restuarants/bars, but other than that is there anything anyone else can recommend going to or doing? Thanks all ;)

space on a sunday daytime
benirras beach on sunday evening
salinas beach
amnesia, pacha, el divino, dc10, es paradis, privilege, eden
bora bora
bambudda grove
villa mercedes
km5
cardomon club
santa eulalia
ibiza town
calla vadella
es vedra
find atlantis
kanya
sunset strip
portinatx
cala bassa
formentera
i could go on and on. deffo nhire a car and just explore xx

ruth already said a lot of cool things to do and places to see. i'd definitely hire a car and just explore the island! you'll easily remark how small the island is and how easy you'll find beautiful beaches (for example!)

at the top of this "things to do on ibiza" forum there are 2 threads called 'off the beaten track' and 'places to visit by car'....................

i'd say use them as a good starting point and then look more through the other threads in this section of the forum and then do a search on any places/areas that take your fancy.

:D :D

It's good to get on a boat and visit some beaches as getting there and back is a nice way to see the coastline too - sit back on the boat and sunbathe on your way to and from the beach - bliss! Loads of cheap and easy day trips from Ibiza town Santa Eularia, Cala Llonga etc.

thanks for all the replies, looks like im going to stick with my idea of just going wherever the road takes us when we rent a car...would any of you recommend to rent a car the whole two weeks i am there or just rent one on certain days (maybe save a little $$ that way?)

you wont need a car the entire 2 weeks, youll hardly want a car sitting in a car park while you party for 12 hours.

we've booked ours for the full 15 days we're there so we can go whenever the urge takes us at it were!
On my to do list this time is:-

space obviously on sunday!
benirras and kamhuras for sunset
blue marlin
finally do el divino but don't know what night to do?
bora bora
pacha for subliminal and pure pacha nights
a night at amnesia don't know which yet
chilled day at cala d'hort and have the lovely paella at the beach restaurant again!
look for atlantis again but remember map this time
hippy market
formentera
sol d'en serra
cala yogi
cala vadella
Dc10
Sarah liked bambuddha so we're probably go there again too!
find the 'wicked' sushi restaurant
maybe hire boat at cala san vincente again

gawd knows how many I'll manage it all!

Last edited by a moderator:
space terrace on sunday
dinner at km5
take out pizza from el pirata in ibiza town
sunbathing at "flat rocks"
the bar at es vive hotel
croissant show
day trip to formentera
walk up to the top of dalt vila
sunset at cdm or mambo
chilling in the day at kanya or cala jondal/d'hort/salinas

lol well its never too late to start... although i would like to explore more of the "other" side of ibiza this year.

can you suggest any authentic ibicencan (?) restaurants, not too pricey? and fish restaurants...... good atmosphere and laid back style??

also we went to a great bar in san jose - with live music outside, it was on a corner, near the bend at the end of the town... left side going toward san antonio. can you recommend any more like that???????

we went to a great bar in san jose - with live music outside, it was on a corner, near the bend at the end of the town... left side going toward san antonio.
our beloved raco verd:

247728342_f2f28dd7ab.jpg

copyright.gif
flickr

went to that bar during the day a few years ago and was introduced to nora jones, the guy behing the bar couldnt believe we had never heard of her. may have to go there in the evening sometime, is there any particular night for open mike/entertainment?

raco verd is, as we speak, transforming from its indoor winter self to its outdoor summer persona. it reopens next thursday 3 may with local rockers can raia in concert.

a little bird told me that if you'd visited last week you'd have been introduced to thandie newton!

i'd say don't just hire a car for a couple of days.. it makes WAAAY more economic sense to hire one, even if you are on your own.

Cala'den serra just north of portinax is one of my faves... are are the beaches that aren't even on the map!

if you are going to be out most nights, it does start to take a toll, but you can still do it... and 2 days in a car you wont' see much.

Last year i went out 9 nights out of 10 with a few day parties, Matinee ( this is a must do) and still managed to make it to about 3 beaches per day and tried to find a new village or town every day too.

Formentera is great... I got the early ferry, hired a bicycle and made it to a few beaches there as well.

Have you ever seen Sex y lucia? ( That is shot on Formentera.. and its a great movie too!)

other than that, it depends on what music you are into for clubbing.

before i went I'd heard about the nights like Cream, Manumission... I found the biggest waste of my holiday was at Cream... and never went to Manumission.

my favourite nights are Cocoon, We Love at space, Matinee (day party at space) others are your own preference!

Back