Music

S

shaboogiewoogie

i know its an oldie but i love junior jack -thrill me
im sure the subliminal people will be playing it again this year. It makes me :D :D :D :D :D

that is a great tune!
Have u heard subliminal sessions vol 2, the track that harry choo choo mixs into it. I think its called coffee beats vol2. It goes 'i just cant believe all the things people say, why must i deal with this shit every fukcin day'. Really works well!
Subliminal records are on fire right now. I suppose they have been since last summer, really. With eric morillo, harry choo choo romero, jose nunez and who da funk (even though my buddy went to see them and thought they were average, id like to find out for myself) i know whos going to be getting my vote in ibiza again this year

vinylgroover said:
comin' at ya said:
The subliminal stuff does lean towards the commercial side if you know what I mean.

yeah.....i can't stand it personally. Very handbag.

Handbag! God, I haven't heard that saying in years!

Subliminal isn't commercial, if it were you'd never be hearing their tracks in the charts first. They're like any other record labal which release cracking tunes, if the track does well it'll get a release in the charts after many months.

Because Subliminal is allegedly 'commercial' does that mean Subliminal @ Pacha is commerial? No way, it's not a commercial label full stop. Subliminal is one of the best and most consistent labels from the last few years and they'll keep on going.

Have to disagree my friend.

I'm not staying the stuff isnt good I am just saying it caters for the mass market. You will see what I mean if you look at an example of one of the early releases on Subliminal - Cro Magnon by the Constipated Monkeys - and notice it is a slightly different sound from the later stuff.

Again whilst good stuff it is hardly underground and does not generally get in the record boxes of people playing the deep stuff like Halo and Hipp-e , Tony Thomas e.t.c.

Sorry - just one more point -

The Subliminal Soul offshoot again is undoubtedly producing good quality vocal music but is hardly in the league of labels like King St.

I'm not slagging it of f I'm just saying it aint underground. Anyway I always get a bee in my bonnet when I hear stuff about Morillo/Sanchez cos I remember hearing sets form them almost ten years ago and believe me if you heard the tapes you would not recognise them.

But then again why shouldnt they go down the commercial route as they gotta make a living.

comin' at ya said:
Have to disagree my friend.

I'm not staying the stuff isnt good I am just saying it caters for the mass market. You will see what I mean if you look at an example of one of the early releases on Subliminal - Cro Magnon by the Constipated Monkeys - and notice it is a slightly different sound from the later stuff.

Again whilst good stuff it is hardly underground and does not generally get in the record boxes of people playing the deep stuff like Halo and Hipp-e , Tony Thomas e.t.c.

but surely thats the point m8. They're not getting into the record boxes of people playing the deep stuff, because i dont think its deep house music. I think its subliminal music. I really do think that they've kinda forged their own genre of house. Maybe it is commercial or different from what they used to play, but i tell you one thing for sure. Anyone who has seen morillo live will agree, subliminal is amazing! I know who'll be getting my vote in ibiza this year!!

seeing the subliminal djs and listening to records that are on the record label is completly different.

i wonder just how many subliminal records Eric or jose nunez play during a set???????

Totally agree Robo having heard them play out a few times.

And maybe deep house was the wrong word - underground probably sums it up a bit better.

Dont get me wrong m8 I'm not having a go at your music - I having a go at the fact that it's all the same stuff played in all the same places.

Pacha was a good example last year - the Morillo nights were packed yet the H-Foundation night was a different story. And they were relegated to the back room.

Have a listen to 'em - The NiteLife Vol 02 - H-Foundation is fantastic. See what you think.

I dont mind anybody having an opinion and i will give ur recomendation a try. When i saw Morillo last year i thought it was all quite subliminal then again i dont know all that much about what is underground and not. :confused:

Back