Music On 2017

In Ants case though isn't it a "warm up" as opposed to an actual opening party? I have to say as a traditionalist I'm not a fan of this at all.

there is no actual difference really other than calling it warm up.

why does it bother you?

this is really weird such an early music on opening. I do not like these movements.Mid of May the weather was not as good as beginning of June, thus we prefer that opening time. Although the island gets more crowded...

Exited whats ongoing with HYTE... as potential further amnesia opening may/ june. Any news over there?

I like the tradition of the club opening first, followed by event openings. For me it's the way things have always been and I don't like the fact that cashing in on extra £££ for certain nights dictates that tradition goes out of the window.
I agree... it smacks of money grabbing. Extend the season, fine but not just half hearted with your most popular night.

I agree... it smacks of money grabbing. Extend the season, fine but not just half hearted with your most popular night.

erm sorry, but if you really want to extend the season and make people come early, you need to give them a good reason. no one will come for an 'amnesia residents' night. to me it's clear that if the season shall become longer, headliners are needed early too, else it won't work.

I'm personally a bit torn about it, but it's the only way to make it work

@stivi do you think we'll see most nights across the Island extending the season this year?

'most nights' - no. if you look at it, so far it's amnesia's biggest night (music on) and pacha's biggest night (solomun) that does a really long season, same for ushuaïa's biggest party (ants). prove me wrong but I think it'll be a case of 'let's see if music on is packed already that early in the season and if so, we'll start other nights a little early next year too'. I completely understand why they're testing the water with the strongest parties really. funnily enough, all of those parties are the club's 'underground' ones by the way :)

Maybe not...but they will come for an amnesia opening party...why not have that early too. Surely that would signal intent to extend the season

sure yeah. but then again (and this is a real question, not a rhetorical one!), why do so many clubs, restaurants and even hotels do 'soft openings'? and then open properly later? I don't really know the answer to that but if I had to guess it is that they wanna make sure that by the time they properly open everything works like a treat and their official opening is a banger. I suppose it's the same now with ants doing pre-season parties as well as the early music on start.

thoughts?

Not sure if it matters - with most of these parties the line up is always the same. If you usually come for openings it won't make any difference if you come for the club "opening" party and then just to go week 2 or 3 of Music On/Solomun+1

Earlier parties good for season/island people who are settling in for a long summer...its win/win I think.

it's all about the Money :D launching some parties before the opening party for the club...

Quiet pretentious the quote for Music on party :lol: , some people have a definition of music far away from mine o_O
1 mate told me that they want to celebrate bday at Music on amnesia for the opening 17 as one never been to amnesia
No way to pay 70e for this shit i told her.
She says, we will pay your ticket
I don't think i'm ready to experience again the nightmare from his party aug 5th 16 i've experienced, if it will be Cova Santa ok im in to See Marco but not the rammy sweaty amnesia :D

Last edited:
sure yeah. but then again (and this is a real question, not a rhetorical one!), why do so many clubs, restaurants and even hotels do 'soft openings'? and then open properly later? I don't really know the answer to that but if I had to guess it is that they wanna make sure that by the time they properly open everything works like a treat and their official opening is a banger.

Exactly this. Practice run. New staff = untrained. Existing staff = rusty.

Gauge how much demand there is. How much profitability. Where can money be saved? Where can money be made?

That is my experience.

Also - to a lesser degree - show off/ signal your intent to your competition.

How do residents feel about the seasons getting longer and longer with regards to club openings, surely this is taking more of the islands quieter winter time away, a time I know that a lot residents look forward to!

I have a few friends living on the island, and all have said they don't like August!

Back