Mum, Heroin and Me, showing Thursday October 23rd on Channel 4 at 9:00pm

Depressing stuff I thought. Did really tell me anything I didn't already know, but still quite compelling viewing.

Thought her comments at the end about 'if I'd never tried cannabis....' looked like they'd been suggested to her....

I watched this. I found the first bit hard going - I have a phobia of needles so watching her inject into her foot turned my stomach a bit :confused: - but towards the end I actually had a bit of a tear in my eye.

Not for the fact of the state her life is in but the relationship between her and her mother. The mother so desperately trying to protect her but realises there is nothing she can do to help.

I was torn between feeling the mother was deluded at times, but then other times just a person who loves her daughter so much she would do anything? :confused:

I was out but I wouldn't have watched this if it was on. I bet it was interesting, but it looked sooo depressing.

Thought her comments at the end about 'if I'd never tried cannabis....' looked like they'd been suggested to her....

Agreed - bit of a forcedfed note to end on which I think spoilt it a bit. :confused:

Interesting to see though - how difficult must it be as a parent? you want to maintain contact and not see them suffering so must be hard not to give them money.

Hoping that the 5 months in rehab work.

I hope they do a follow up programme, be interesting to see what has happened since this documentary and her rehab.

Back