Mr Sun - we're waiting!

Im going on my first ski trip ever on thursday. Going to Verbier with work colleagues.

Never been so looking forward to it. Does anyone have any idea about what gear I will need...trying to save cash as going to Brazil in feb and attempting to purchase a flat and so really spending money I dont have on this trip even though its subsidised by work (how nice of them). Im planning to substitute a Snorkel Mask for a Ski Mask but reckon I will have to buy the rest of th e gear (unless you can hire it?):)

We usually do a day n Courchevel, one in Val Thorens and even an afternoon down to St Martin :)

I've been to Courchevel (evening visit) before and may go again in the next couple of weeks for a full week. Any tips Jammy?

We're heading to Meribel in March 8)

Bagged a cool chalet for 8 of us:
http://www.amsrentals.com/index/28/0/0/0

Definitely agree with the comment about it being difficult to describe to someone who hasn't been.

First went boarding to the Alps in 1998 and been 1-2 times every year since.

Keep promising Canada or US one year but the Alps are so nearby it's hard to resist the easy option. Driving down this year in fact which should be a cool adventure. Used to do the drive a few years back but flying has been the mode of transport in recent years.

If this weather pattern continues though, then Stateside could be the only choice!

How does it work out with the mini jams?

Have wanted to go for years but of the friends that used to go, all seemed to stop when children came along! We have thought wait another few years, in the meantime get some lessons etc at a real snow slope that is not far away.

Have wanted to go for years but of the friends that used to go, all seemed to stop when children came along! We have thought wait another few years, in the meantime get some lessons etc at a real snow slope that is not far away.

Kids shouldnt stop you going, its quite frankly a poor excuse for not bothering to go, unless you cant afford it. If they are three or older they can go to ski school, its the best time to learn.

If they are under three there are creches, or do what we did in january, one ski in the morning with friends, have lunch together then get one of the other mums or dads that arent skiin to look after he/she while you ski together for a couple of hours, then one of you ski in the afternoon. It was perfect as now we are older gone are the days of skiing from 9 - 5 anyway.

Back