Mr Rustywoo goes on his holiday..pt1

russ

Active Member
Saturday July 26th
Thanks to the ever more rubbish EasyJet, we arrived over two hours late. Our group consisted of me, Mrs Rustywoo, my sister Jo friends Sarah, Claire and Suzanne. Finally arrived at Es Vive at about 3am, too late to do anything but have a drinkie in the bar and head to bed.

Late start, we spent the day lazing around the stylish poolside area at the hotel, Sipping sangria munching on the great food available and listening to the Hed Kandi guys who were playing. Paul Wilkins and StoneBridge were on the decks, lovely guys playing sumptuous light disco and funky sounds. got ourselves passes for el divino later on and had a wee nap. Got the boat from near the Bull Bar in playa den bossa to Ibiza town harbour (only takes 15 mins for only 2.50 euros – top tip) We met up with my mates Steve, Steve and Steve’s mum Norma in Placa des Parces for drinkies and had dinner in La Brassa. Food not bad but with no air-con, it was all quite hard work. At about one we said bye to Steves and Norma and got the boat over to el divino,

This was my first trip to El Divino. First impressioins lasted. It is a bit too stylish for it’s own good. I prefer my clubs a little rougher round the edges. A not terribly friendly crowd, lots of ‘lookers’ and loadsa people on the pull, not there to dance. The terrace is nice but the vip areas are sooooooo in your face. However all this waned in response to the fabulous sounds comin out the speakers. The Hed Kandi boys are so on the money. Funky, housey disco, plenty of filters and a decent smattering of the big tunes. Having only heard a few of their cds it thought it was gonna be soft as shite but I was proved very wrong. If it really is true that ‘it’s all about the music’ then hed kandi are gonna be HUGE. Stayed till 6am

Sunday July 27th

Slept/longed by pool/swam.

When finally got there at about 7pm things were fairly hottin up in Space . Unfortunately, possibly my least favourite dj, Smokin Jo was dirgeing the terrace so we went straight inside. I am amazed that more people haven’t commented on how immeasurably better the inside of space is this year. They have spent a lot of money on lights and two lasers. It isn’t a ‘dark’ room but a all singing all dancing discoteque now and I Love It. Dunno who was playing (Reche?) but the beats were firing and we got ourselves oiled up /wound up before getting to our asses to our favoured place high up on the terrace steps for Steve Lawler. From then till midnight I was reminded why, when it all comes together, there is probably no better place on earth to lose yourself in music.
At 11.50, he pointedly faded out the rumbling drum stuff. Next up was The Jackson 5, can you feel it. The place went berserk, nice. Retgrettably, to an audible groan he then subjected us to yet another airing of Sweet Dreams. I’m sorry but for 45 euros I expect a little more originality from “The Best Club In The World”.
The sound level/quality on the terrace is really bad this year. Im no expert but there is definitely a problem. I assume it is to do with legal noise levels etc but they need to sort it out. Left about one as Jamie Oliver was still inside clickerty clackering his way through his record box .
Claire and Suzanne didn’t come to with us, instead they took themselves over to san an. They thought they did very well as they walked from bar to bar in the west end, got very, very drunk and spent approximate 10% of what any of us who went to Space spent.

Monday 28th July
Picked up the car and drove to El Destino in San Josep for lunch. Such tapas as have been made by the angels. Then we drove down some fairly hairy roads though the national park ( +/- 13% hills!!) and we bathed in the calm seas at Calla D’Hort, beautiful, TBH, we all found Es Vedra a wee bit freaky, kept expecting Dr Evil’s head to appear or the top to spin off and Thunderbird 5 to take off or something.

Kumharas for the sun going to bed,. Here we got very drunk/stoned and rolled around the cushions for a bit. Kumharas is not bad but surprisingly expensive. BTW, Babs, they said your feta wrap might be ready when you go back in September.

Tuesday 29th July

Early start for a wonderful drive north of San Rafael, though the rich red soiled farms and lush hills. Past Santa Agnes up the gorgeous coastline to Port de San Miquel. Had a peek in the caves, with their hysterical ‘son et lumiere’ thing complete with some Jean Michel Jarre stylee music. A diverting half an hour. It is worth a trip to Port de San Miquel. caves just too look at the fabulous house which McRakin showed us pics of.

Later: Into town, met up with Steves for drinks in the Mao Rooms. Very cool place, all quite stylish (owned by the ChinaWhite people) but comfy and inviting. At a very Spanish 3am, we finally entered Pacha. As ever, it was sumptuous, happening and wild. Yousef seemed to be doing the business in the main room. Room 2 (Stanton warriors, was terrible and empty). Mr Emerson kicked off with that brillant Wally Lopez – Acid House track and I didn’t really stop dancing after that. Pacha really thinned out quickly and by 5.30 was very sparse. The funky room was disco-heaven. Bang on 7am it was lights on and everybody out. However due to my overconsumption, I was really not ready to stop dancing. So, after getting back to the hotel, I went down the beach and spashed around for ages in the sea as the sun came up. My night eded with me asleep, in me pants, on a lilo in the hotel pool. I awoke to suddenly realising I was in immined danger of up on the front page of The Sun under the headline ‘Drug Crazed Moron, found drowned” and sensibly went to bed.




More to come in the next few days………………
 

dance4life

Active Member
rustywoo said:
My night eded with me asleep, in me pants, on a lilo in the hotel pool. I awoke to suddenly realising I was in immined danger of up on the front page of The Sun under the headline ‘Drug Crazed Moron, found drowned” and sensibly went to bed.

More to come in the next few days………………
PMSL!! :lol: entertaining mate...cant wait for the rest
 

McRackin

Moderator
rustywoo said:
We met up with my mates Steve, Steve and Steve’s mum Norma in Placa des Parces for drinkies
plaza del parque in spanish or plaça des parc in ibicenco!! ;)



rustywoo said:
It is worth a trip to Port de San Miquel. caves just too look at the fabulous house which McRakin showed us pics of
more info and pictures about that house here!! :p

--->
 

james

Administrator
Staff member
LOL rusty :)

what a very entertaining review :) can't wait for next installment
 

stephen

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes - not bad for a first stab, but........

i'm going to have to deduct 3 marks (leaving you with a B-) for not using a string of expletives and general derogatory remarks when mentioning san antonio and the west end.

let's hope you improve in part II
 

russ

Active Member
Stephen, Im afraid I cannot comment on either san antonio or its 'west end' area as the closest i got to either was driving round the roundabout at the egg, driving from the bay back to Ibiza town.

Maybe next time i will visit there on your behalf, or maybe you would care to join me for a 'large one'
 

Robo

Moderator
rustywoo said:
Sunday July 27th

Slept/longed by pool/swam.

When finally got there at about 7pm things were fairly hottin up in Space . Unfortunately, possibly my least favourite dj, Smokin Jo was dirgeing the terrace so we went straight inside. I am amazed that more people haven’t commented on how immeasurably better the inside of space is this year. They have spent a lot of money on lights and two lasers. It isn’t a ‘dark’ room but a all singing all dancing discoteque now and I Love It. Dunno who was playing (Reche?) but the beats were firing and we got ourselves oiled up /wound up before getting to our asses to our favoured place high up on the terrace steps for Steve Lawler. From then till midnight I was reminded why, when it all comes together, there is probably no better place on earth to lose yourself in music.
At 11.50, he pointedly faded out the rumbling drum stuff. Next up was The Jackson 5, can you feel it. The place went berserk, nice. Retgrettably, to an audible groan he then subjected us to yet another airing of Sweet Dreams. I’m sorry but for 45 euros I expect a little more originality from “The Best Club In The World”.
The sound level/quality on the terrace is really bad this year. Im no expert but there is definitely a problem. I assume it is to do with legal noise levels etc but they need to sort it out. Left about one as Jamie Oliver was still inside clickerty clackering his way through his record box .
Claire and Suzanne didn’t come to with us, instead they took themselves over to san an. They thought they did very well as they walked from bar to bar in the west end, got very, very drunk and spent approximate 10% of what any of us who went to Space spent.
as there was no mention of meeting me, i take it i imprinted such a great presence on you russ :p :p
 
Top