Mr Hudson & The Library

Met 'Mr Hudson' himself last night and while I now have vague recollection of hearing the name on the radio, I didn't think they could be particulary well known. Turns out they are the support act for Groove Armada's big gig at the Roundhouse in Camden tonight.

I'm not sure an if Oxford educated Mike Skinner appeals but if I hadn't had a skinful last night, I'd be tempted to have a look.

The name sounds like something you'd hear on Jo Whiley :lol: but they must be one to watch, not a bad support gig.

There's a sample tune on their site think i'll have a listen when not at the coalface.

The name sounds like something you'd hear on Jo Whiley :lol: but they must be one to watch, not a bad support gig.

There's a sample tune on their site think i'll have a listen when not at the coalface.

A little more research shows they've been supporting Amy Winehouse too, which I guess is a big deal at the mo. I thought he was a little self-assured for a nobody:lol:

he must be revelling in his status as "the next, next big thing" :lol:

I think so. Yeah, and deffo wouldn't in his positon:lol:

I'd had a few drinks too so it might well have been something akin to 'Right then Bertie Big B-ll---s, who the f---'s told you've got the biggest c--k on the block?' :lol:

I think so. Yeah, and deffo wouldn't in his positon:lol:

I'd had a few drinks too so it might well have been something akin to 'Right then Bertie Big B-ll---s, who the f---'s told you've got the biggest c--k on the block?' :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he have his library with him? As i'm assuming it may have sent you to sleep, given you have the first ever recorded case of bookshelf - narcolepsy.:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he have his library with him? As i'm assuming it may have sent you to sleep, given you have the first ever recorded case of bookshelf - narcolepsy.:lol:

Biblio-narcolepsy, and indeed, being it's first recorded sufferer, is not a laughing matter. :)lol: )

His library must have been out on loan wholesale a there was not so much as a pamphlet in sight.

Met 'Mr Hudson' himself last night and while I now have vague recollection of hearing the name on the radio, I didn't think they could be particulary well known. Turns out they are the support act for Groove Armada's big gig at the Roundhouse in Camden tonight.

I'm not sure an if Oxford educated Mike Skinner appeals but if I hadn't had a skinful last night, I'd be tempted to have a look.

Oh he was on Transmission I think a couple of Friday's ago - I quite liked him to be honest....... ;)

I suspect he's prolly quite a showman/off.

well he seemed pretty vocal about himself and the band, and to be honest rather amusing - he was very energetic in his performance - I do like that in a performer - like to think I am getting my money's worth from a set....

Sure I see this lot featured quite a while ago on London Tonight or something like that...Deffo was a while ago tho

The Buckers' midas touch again!

Much like when then little know racer boy Jenson spent an afternoon at SPace with me before the upturn in his career, Mr Hudson has been on the upturn ever since this chance meeting and a couple since. :lol:

New single with Kanye West 'Supernova' out next week!

The Buckers' midas touch again!

Much like when then little know racer boy Jenson spent an afternoon at SPace with me before the upturn in his career, Mr Hudson has been on the upturn ever since this chance meeting and a couple since. :lol:

New single with Kanye West 'Supernova' out next week![/QUOTE]

I was going to say I keep hearing of Kanye West and some Mr Hudson......saw it was meant to be hitting the charts or something next week. No idea who it is or what the song sounds like.

I first saw Mr Hudson and the Library open up the Other Stage at Glasto in 07, then a couple of other times over the weekend. Bought the CD on my return and saw them in Manchester later that year. Had tickets to see him this year and it got postponed twice so just waited til Glasto again. Bit gutted he seems to have got rid of The Library, especially the piano player with the afro who was ace. Will be interesting to see how he does now with the whole Kanye West connection.

Back