moving to Ibiza?

qwertyjjj

I am thinking of moving to Ibiza for the summer with my GF...not to be in the tourist areas, just somewhere fairly chilled (we are in our 30s).
At what point is it too late to look for summer rental accommodation? I heard it gets pretty busy when all the drunk Europeans head out
Probably just looking to rent an apartment or maybe somewhere with a shared pool if prices are reasonable, or terrace,etc. maybe 500EUR per month.

Also, what is car rental like on the island? Are there any car sharing schemes?
I could bring my car over from the UK but I understand I would have to pay Spanish road taxes after a few months and register for residency after 3 months?

i don't think you'll get anything for 500 a month just for summer. you may find a small place for that on a 12 month contract but not on a short term basis.

you could up your budget or consider sharing.

i don't think you'll get anything for 500 a month just for summer. you may find a small place for that on a 12 month contract but not on a short term basis.

you could up your budget or consider sharing.

WHat's a reasonable budget then for something a bit further away from the main areas, say Eurlaria, Rafael, etc.

take a look at this site

lettings

it'll give you some idea of how little you'll get for your money, even on a 12 month contract

take a look at this site

lettings

it'll give you some idea of how little you'll get for your money, even on a 12 month contract

I dunno, compared to prices in England that looks good value. EUR750 for 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms.
:eek:
Are 6 month contracts possible though?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, you can get 6 month contracts, the point i'm trying to make is that a summer contract will be much more expensive per month than a yearly contract so your 750 a month suddenly turns into 1250.

yes, you can get 6 month contracts, the point i'm trying to make is that a summer contract will be much more expensive per month than a yearly contract so your 750 a month suddenly turns into 1250.

I think I probably assumed that the majority of the summer contracts were taken up by tourists living in and around the centre.
So, anything in the 750-850 is unlikely for 6 months say June until end of year?

Are the landlords more willing to give up their places for 2/3 months for EUR2000 a month than to take someone on a 6month let from say May-October?

I think that facing a crisis most owners are more willing to search for long-term renters i.s.o. renting for a few weeks during the season.
The property stays in better condition (mostly) when rented for a longer period.

we were told by an estate agent last September that if rent in winter for 12 months you get a better deal , the estate agent in San Antonio near the harbour was very helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of moving to Ibiza for the summer with my GF...not to be in the tourist areas, just somewhere fairly chilled (we are in our 30s).
At what point is it too late to look for summer rental accommodation? I heard it gets pretty busy when all the drunk Europeans head out
Probably just looking to rent an apartment or maybe somewhere with a shared pool if prices are reasonable, or terrace,etc. maybe 500EUR per month.

Also, what is car rental like on the island? Are there any car sharing schemes?
I could bring my car over from the UK but I understand I would have to pay Spanish road taxes after a few months and register for residency after 3 months?

Mee too i'm planning to move to the island with my gf in january 2011 and we are 32 and 30 years old. I think i will go to Ibiza in mid October to find a nice apartment with good price to rent all year. But i'm afraid will need more than 500 €/month

take a look at this site

lettings

The link is great but only in spanish? I did understand it anyway but when I tried to send a request I had to have a valid number, like spanish tel.nr? Is it not possible to send a request in english and without spanish number?

i just tried it by putting in any old number and it works. have you thought about using a translate programme to write in spanish as the vast majority of the owners will be spanish - this isn't an estate agent it's a portal for private owners.

Hi there! me and my boyfriend are also turning 30 in a few weeks and coming out for the summer (driving all the way from Scotland! :lol:) staying until october hopefully.

we have been looking at flatshares too but is this just a total pipedream then? i would much prefer to have a more traditional laid back spanish experience than staying in workers apartments with a bunch of noisy, drunken 20 year olds....

does 800 euros a month for a double room in someone's flat sound impossible? we do speak a little spanish and our profile on the spanish letting website is in spanish so fingers crossed....

other than that, is renting an empty two bedroom apartment and sharing it with another couple a possibility? i guess that would be more expensive, if it is even possible....

thanks, nikki

Back