Moving to Ibiza next year

Steveibiza

Hello,

myself and my friend are looking to make the move to Ibiza next year.

We are wondering about work, not looking for seasonal work. We both work in office atm doing different roles. One customer service and other one application development.

what sort of work is there for people like us? Or would our best bet be doing remote work to the U.K.?

thanks.

all year round work is a tricky one here. if you can do remote work for the UK great - if not, speaking spanish fluently will help massively.

i just advice a french mate today to move to ibz not before year 2022
Save money,wait end of crisis then give a try in ibiza ,wot i tell her

There is an worldwide economy crisis, job in ibz is very hard to get and more this year and next year.

i got many french contacts working in ibz , average leave the island from nov to april.
djs ,green grass and famous ones since decades.
People working in bars/restaurants
1 dj having house in Formentera ,even swapping dj work to cut trees in ibz ?
those people have lots of connection b4 planning to work in ibz full season
ex 1 girl from east europe met ibz 12 as seasonal bartender, working as massage therapist now full year (it took time to stretch connection)

I would have thought jobs in 2021 will be hard to find unfortunately. Bars, Clubs and Restaurants will errr on the side of caution at least initially and hire less people until they know the demand is back. In turn that means locals may take other jobs to make ends meet.

You'd have thought rents will reduce a little though, but it's still Ibiza prices and you don't want to be signing up for something and then have little or no income.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but unless you speak fluent Spanish or have really unique skills it will be very tough.

Matt and I are 100% prepared to have no work on-island until next year, but have basically planned it that way since we knew the season wasn’t going to be the same this year. I have my remote work with UAE and U.K. companies, so will be going ‘Autonomo’ when we finally get there!
There will be plenty of demand next year in my opinion, so I recon it’ll pick up nicely early season - or maybe the season will even start earlier in 2021 - who knows?!

There will be plenty of demand next year in my opinion, so I recon it’ll pick up nicely early season - or maybe the season will even start earlier in 2021 - who knows?!

my current opinion is that this will heavily depend on how europe's winter will look like corona-wise. if there's no cure or vaccine come springtime 2021, the entire season might be in peril and sadly even more places might stay shut.

while this is a very negative viewpoint, it's sadly a possibility. obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome

my current opinion is that this will heavily depend on how europe's winter will look like corona-wise. if there's no cure or vaccine come springtime 2021, the entire season might be in peril and sadly even more places might stay shut.

while this is a very negative viewpoint, it's sadly a possibility. obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome

Yeah, I see what you’re saying. I’m very good at being over-optimistic to be fair. Fingers crossed for positive hey

Making the move to Ibiza sounds exciting! If you're not into seasonal work, remote work in the UK could be a great option, given your office background. Many professionals do that to maintain their careers while enjoying the island life. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection. And you can use three movers for moving. I wish you and your friend a smooth transition!

Last edited:
Back