Moving to Ibiza in the Winter

alext

Hi there

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a few queries.
I am looking at moving to Ibiza on a permanent basis, it's been a long time coming and I've decided that now, having just turned 30 is a better time than ever.

I've just returned from living in Australia for the last 5 years, I've been visiting Ibiza since I was 10 years old and I just can't shake that feeling of coming home when I arrive in Ibiza...and how I feel when I leave. I've previously worked in Ibiza so I know what to expect in the summer but I'm looking at moving over in October/.November time. I know the best time of year to get work is well...completely opposite to this time of the year, however I think moving to Ibiza in the winter could have it's advantages. Time to learn the language, get to know the locals and of course be in the best position for work when the season starts next year.

I have a place to stay in Ibiza, which is a great reassurance. I really want to move over asap.

I have a few questions and I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help me...

Is there much work in the Winter for non-spanish speaking people?

Are there any places to visit to look for work in the winter? I'm flying out to Ibiza around 11th October to see what I can find out.

I would like to find a bar to manage, after learning the language. Any advise on where to start would be helpful?

Can you recommend any schools/places to learn the language on an intensive course?

Are Teaching English as a Foreign Language jobs a realistic possibility in Ibiza?

Any advice would be welcomed. I know you have to just get out there in life and make your own opportunities but any advice you can pick up on the way always helps!
Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex,

Have a read of my posts (look at my profile or look in the Clubbing....Ibiza General Chat forum) and let me know if I can answer any questions. Please reply to the 'LIVING IN IBIZA...some questions answered' thread as I don't want the other one deviating from the original story.

Hannah.

Back