motorbike hire

k70anj

Hi everyone,

Am going to San Antonio end of May, can"t wait to revisit Mambo and Cafe del Mar and Est Paradis is my favourite club BUT

I want to hire a motorbike for 3-5 days and see the island again.

Can anyone recommend the best place for a 125 trail bike lets say?

Hi everyone,

Am going to San Antonio end of May, can"t wait to revisit Mambo and Cafe del Mar and Est Paradis is my favourite club BUT

I want to hire a motorbike for 3-5 days and see the island again.

Can anyone recommend the best place for a 125 trail bike lets say?
i know some place in Playa den Bossa... actually there are 2 - one is near the Tantra bar on the way to Space from Bora-Bora and the other one is a couple of meters behind the Algarb Hotel.

can't remember the exact names but the staff was very nice in both and you actually don't need the license for a bike - the car license that u have will be enough :)

one i know of near just before eden club on main road.but bikes are not very good.unless you ride one here in uk.car would be better if your old enough.

I have a Class M license now and want to rent a 650 cruiser or sportbike - has anyone does business with Motosud? I put in an inquiry and they said they'd get back but nothing yet.

sorry,but on my opinion,to rent a bike higher then 125ccm,its very dangerous.
the roads are very slippery,the tires of the bikes to rent are more than bad.
we went down there with several big bikes,and nearly destroyed all of them,several racedrivers included.
eijdiu.jpg

this photo was taken on ibiza,a friend of mine just lost the road(expierenced race driver in germany)the end of his holidays and his bike
so think about it,rent a scooter or a car,50x25 kilometers doesnt makes sense to rent a big-bike

mmm gravel rash nice - not. Car hire in Ibiza is cheap enough. Hotels reception will point you in the right direction. But do get a good map the ones they give you when you hire are very bad.

http://tinyurl.com/qw85gh The AA Ibiza map is quite good but don't show the evessia bypass though

I rented a 600 cc bike from Figuretas in 2007. Might have been a Yamaha or Honda. I didn't find any problems with the roads etc. The road might be slippery if you push it but in normal cruising it's ok. I wouldn't ride if it was raining though. Ok, the island is really small but there is a quite a lot of small roads and things to see on the island. I spent one day cruising the island and loved it.

Remember to check the bike for damage and wear in the tyres and don't rent it if you think there's something wrong with it. My bike had a bad clutch lever and I had to buy some tools to fix it on the road.

Just to add again , The roads are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY !!!!!!! slippy in places, especially the older reddish color tarmac back roads that have not been re-surfaced for years, My Nissan Terano Diesel will light up the back tyres in second gear in the dry, 3rd in the wet !!!, Please be careful and if does rain or there is moisture still on the roads under the tree`s in the morning,,,,,,,,, Well,,,,,,,,,,,leave the bike at home and go to the beach instead :lol:
Have a good one
Tim

Wow, an R1 on the streets of Ibiza - not a good choice on any street! That bike is for a racetrack. I think I'll go the scooter route, or just take a cab to the beach - for the air conditioning and all. I'll see when I get there.

Thanks for the info, and the road rash pictures. :eek: Interesting to know that the man was a racer and still went down. Here I wear summer riding gear, but I know on vacation it's so tempting to just say, "Whatever! It's 100 degrees and the beach is only 5 minutes away, time to feel the wind on your bare skin in shorts and flip flops!" Better to just cab it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back