Moto/scooter help

grego

125cc scooter, less than a year old, working fine last week.

Went to start it today, took a few cranks of the kickstart but going fine. Then every time I tried to accelerate, like so it would move, the engine cuts out.

Fuel is fine, topped up last week, all parts fine as far as I know.

Any ideas??

Maybe adjust the carburetor? Just give the screw in there a turn to let a little more fuel through.

I remember having such a problem once but it's fuzzy as it's been 20 years... plus mine was only 50cc :lol:

125cc scooter, less than a year old, working fine last week.

Went to start it today, took a few cranks of the kickstart but going fine. Then every time I tried to accelerate, like so it would move, the engine cuts out.

Fuel is fine, topped up last week, all parts fine as far as I know.

Any ideas??

Not a scooby, like morbs says it sounds fuel related, dirty carb maybe (the fuel quality in Spain mate is shocking)

So take it back under its two years warranty

I wouldn't adjust the screw...because if it worked fine before, the screw wouldn't have moved itself. Better to find the source of the problem.
It sounds like fuel starvation though.
Could be the petrol filter, which could of got clogged, try cleaning it.
Otherwise a dirty carb or one of the jets.
First change the spark plug though, then clean petrol filter, then carb.
If the plug looks wet and oily, then clean airfilter.

gregsbike.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'll set 'em up, you knock 'em out of the park ;)

that was literally exactly the kind of diagram i was hoping to see, really.

Could also be a clogged air filter though I've no idea where you'd find it on a scooter!

2 Stroke or 4 ? If 2, Try a new spark plug, If 4, likely to be dirty fuel or water in it, Theres usually a drain screw on the bottom of the carb float bowl,

I will take a chance and give you €100 as it is :) Or if you can get it up to Cala llenya I can probably sort it out,

Have a good one
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all

tried to start it again today. same problem. i reckon i looked good pretending to look at the engine though.

as it's still under guarantee, i can get it sorted no prob. just a ballache!

Back