Most memorable Night/Day ever in Ibiza (and only 1 of each)?

Robi3249

I like these kind of Friday afternoon nostalgia threads now I'm in my 30's so..

Night - Cocoon @ Amnesia Summer 2000 - first exposure to quality techno (in Ibiza) on about our 4th trip to Ibiza. Was looking for an alternative to limited choice offered by British promoters (Mixmag did not even list non-British nights then let alone talk about them) such as Tall Paul, Rampling etc and it delivered. In retrospect it was the start of a real change in music policy on the Island but at the time was simply a mad night that finished at about 8. A great soundtrack provided by Sven Vath and Paco Osuna with a completely different European crowd to what we had experienced before, in what is after all a not the UK! Memorable to say the least.

Day - Manumission Carry On @ Space Summer 2003 - haven't been back to Ibiza since the change in laws relating to opening hours and if you can't attend a session like this I'm not convinced I want to. Great memories from a crazy session run by insane people. Colin Peters is an unsung DJ hero of day/nights out like this, playing exactly what the crowd want. Is he still about in Ibiza?

Superfreq 2007 @ DC10 - Not particularly busy but really good crowd and great sets from Scarlet Ettiene , Konrad Black and of course Mr C. Got chatting to loads off ppl including this girl we'd kept seeing throughout the whole holiday but always by herself. She was really nice and we stayed till the end then of course the scramble to find an afters. We eventually stumbled our way into the Es Vive undergound bar which was in full swing. Got chatting to some more ppl 1 of which was staying there so we ended up all in his hotel room. Anyways lots of narcotical naughtiness well into the next day. Not a great story but holds extrememlt funny memories for me

There are too many that I cat really remember but one of the best / random was:

Went to Pacha on a Monday for a dinner then into the club for Roger Sanchez, carried on at the hotel after all day. About 6pm we go out and meet up with some "fresh" people who where going to watch the sunset. So jumped into a cab to San an and had a few beers while everyone was eating. Left to have a few beers in the West end for a laugh with some people and ended up in an Irish rock pub while me and my pal empty our pockets. Finally leave to go back to PDB at 3am or so. Got back to the hotel packed my bag for what felt like 3 years and jumped into a cab to the airport for a 8am flight home.

Its not big or clever I just remember it being a really funny 36 or so hours!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bora Bora (when it was 24 hour) August 99, dancing on tables in a tacky sarrong :oops: :lol: and running off for a swim at 4am. 8)

Space's birthday in 2000 - the best I've ever seen the terrace.

Watching Kathy Brown's PA live at MoS @ Pacha in 99...perfect night! 8)

DC-10 in 2000 when it was roofless they used to play that wierd plane sample over the music and it carried on from Space (eek goosebumps).

Zenith pre party at Sa Trinxa in 2001 - beautiful people, amazing location - it rocked. 8)

La Troya on the Amnesia terrace in September from 6am in 2001..."se va al convento!" - lots of tranny nuns running around and general madness till lunch time.

Oops appear to have gone over my quota.

New years eve, 2 yrs ago (and similar 1 and will be there this year) Out for a meal with loads of friends in a very good restaurant, lot`s of beer & smoking, A friend had brought me a little naughtiness which I was saving for after dinner (NYE is a little different here, It is traditional to eat and stay reasonably sober with friends / family until midnight, then it kicks off big time) 12 comes, eat the grapes then the after meal chapito comes out, I ask for 3, 1 for myself and 2 for my imaginary friends :) The waiter informs me that after one I will have a lot more than 2 imaginary friends,,,,, I had 3,,,,,,, He was right:lol:
On to underground for a little more fun and eventually find ourselves walking the 20 ish miles home @ 10am NYD, Taxi`s are on strike, Brain had gone a wandering a long time before and sleeping in a field is starting to look like a good option,
The 3rd car that came by stopped, picked us up and took us to our door even though he lived the opposite side of the Island :p Swim in the sea then some much needed sleep,

Have a good one
Tim

Big free goa-trance party in the mountains of San Juan,in Can Punta,in 1995 ...the best night,and day of dancing in ibiza....

Night - 2007 Pacha Terrace, meeting Aravella the champagne girl, sitting in the little arena for free drinking Schwepps Tonica. :)

Day: Riding a 250cc scooter from PDB to Cala D'hort for a wonderful afternoon in the sun.

2007 when I was eating in McDonalds in Figurettas. I was sitting there, minding my own business and eating a BigMac Meal. That was great! My best memory ever. Oh yes, and all that happened after that, too.

and, by night:

also in 1987

seeing a pub band from Macclesfield mutilating 'under the boardwalk' to a bunch of bored middle aged thomas cook tourists at the bar by our apartments in San Antonio

gave gee moore @ bora an acetate of one of my tracks... he didn't play it for 4 days so i assumed he thought it was a pile of shhh.

anyway, 5th day of my holiday was also my birthday. was dancing to 'freaks - where were you when the lights when out' on the beach when he started mixing in my track. place was rammed... people on tables etc.

that was a moment.

I'll quote a part of my review written on these very forums 6 years ago - back in September 2003:
Back to the terrace where it was jam packed, as expected, we've noticed that the story of the night (and maybe the whole vacation) is about to go up and spin - the one and only - Fatboy Slim!
This man rocked the terrace like i've seen no one do it before, while fitting his music perfectly to the croud like a glove fits a hand.
I cant say his set contained alot of new material or had a great buildup to it, BUT (and it's a big BUT) he knew exactly what people wanted and he gave it to them on a silver spoon. Many familiar old classics were spotted, such as 'Ce Ce Peniston - Finally', 'Samba De Janero', etc. And also some new summer hits like'Elton John -Are You Ready For Love (Mylos Road Map To Peace Mix). Eventually what did it for me and made me one of the happiest man alive that moment, let alone gave me one of my best clubbing moments, was when Fatboy Slim finished off with 'John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air'... The terrace went on fire when this old classic song was played, something that can't be put into words... INCREDIBLE!
This was probably my favorite moment in Ibiza as far as the memory recalls! ;)

Day - Space, day date time unknown year was around 2002,03 and early on in the day think it must have been an afterparty for manumission as organisers were there , not many people there, all were seriously cool I was a geek, it was my 1st time in Space and i was on a family holiday wandered in by coincidence. Monsoon style rain was pouring onto my head as I danced, and I had to remove my clothes now and then to ring the water out of them as they were hanging off me, it was like one of those 'moments'

Night - first time ever clubbing in Ibiza was the God's Kitchen opening night in Amnesia in 1999, I hadn't been clubbing since 1996 when I was 18 so it kind of amazed me, the ice cannon, the little midget devils walking round with giant willies chasing angels, the stilt walkers, the white sheet that suddenly came over everyones head etc

space terrace 1998...on a sunday afternoon im surrounded by some of the most bizzare looking people ever,which after already having 15 years of clubbing under your belt,is pretty rare!!...but i couldnt help notice this woman dressed as rue brittania...she was carrying a staff that mustve been about 12 ft tall,with a battered teddybear & ribbons stuck on the end!!..she literally stood looking up twirling this staff in an upward circular motion for hours...i mean 5/6 hours...

I was there for that, remeber it well:

"Back to the terrace where it was jam packed, as expected, we've noticed that the story of the night (and maybe the whole vacation) is about to go up and spin - the one and only - Fatboy Slim!
This man rocked the terrace like i've seen no one do it before, while fitting his music perfectly to the croud like a glove fits a hand.
I cant say his set contained alot of new material or had a great buildup to it, BUT (and it's a big BUT) he knew exactly what people wanted and he gave it to them on a silver spoon. Many familiar old classics were spotted, such as 'Ce Ce Peniston - Finally', 'Samba De Janero', etc. And also some new summer hits like'Elton John -Are You Ready For Love (Mylos Road Map To Peace Mix). Eventually what did it for me and made me one of the happiest man alive that moment, let alone gave me one of my best clubbing moments, was when Fatboy Slim finished off with 'John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air'... The terrace went on fire when this old classic song was played, something that can't be put into words... INCREDIBLE!"

That was a wicked day in space, the whole terrace singing and hugging, madness....

During the day in 2001, just sitting in Unity (burger king now..grrrr) chilling on a hammock laughing my ass off for about 8hrs non stop and meeting the mst coolest ppl ever..so much fun...

Day/Eve - Sept 1998. Cafe Del Mar. DJ playing mid 80's "proper" classic house after the sunset. Wife and I just chilled with San Miguel and Marlboros. Very moving moment.

Night - Sept 2007 (after a 9 year break from the Island) Pacha for Axwell. Meal first in the Sushi terrace. Sat opposite Axwell and moved into the club at 2.30am to be met by one of the best sets (Commercial in parts I know) I have ever heard. I think it may have had something to do with the fact i had forgotten how good the clubs were.

Too much of it is now blurred into one to remember what year, but good times had at Space & Bora Bora one day & night in the early 2000's I remember Eric Prydz - Slammin being romped on the terrace...... 8)

Best day was probably Me Mrs Jam at Formentera then evening meal at Cala Conta fish restaurant....

Edit: just remembered a night at Pacha which started with a meal and ended at lunchtime the next day back at the villa by the pool...

Also a certain thunderstorm ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
1998 - first time i walked into Privilege and just stood in awe at the top of the stairs for about 10 mins transfixed by the sheer audaciousness of the venue, the throbbing dancefloor, trapeze artists, dwarfs and stunning dancers..... Reality hit when the entire venue erupted as Binary Finary was dropped and myself and my friend ran down the stairs to the pool and didn't stop dancing til gone 9am.....

That same day was the first foray to Space via the Star Bar, a rollerskating girl dishing out free p1lls befriended us and took us to Space for the Carry On. Walking onto that terrace, beautiful people, pumping house, the sun shining and hearing the terrace applaud a plane going over for the first time is something that will live with me forever. The contrast between the terrace and the discoteca just sealed it as my favourite club on earth and i swore to that day i'd go back every year i could afford it.

Priceless memories....8)

Back